2023 WoV NFL Picks Game

August 23rd, 2023 at 9:56:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Greetings!

I'm posting this thread to let everyone know that I am again hosting the WoV NFL Picks Game, which takes place on the WizardofVegas message board.

---I can't imagine many people here are not already there, but I suppose it's possible, so here you go.

I haven't done the Official Thread yet, but the rules will be almost exactly like last year's rules:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/37505-official-2022-wov-picks-game-thread/#post860870

I invite everyone here to participate (unless banned from WoV, then you may not) and will link to the Official Thread when I get it done. There are two ways to participate:

1.) ALREADY HAVE A WOV HANDLE:

-If you already have a WoV handle, then simply log in and PM Mission146 (me) that you wish to play. I will put you on my list to get a PM when the first week Lines are posted. If you have an account, but have never posted, please include that you came from here and your handle on this site in your PM.

2.) DO NOT HAVE A WOV HANDLE:

-Simply sign up for the site and create the same handle. I normally wouldn't send invites to anyone who hasn't been on the site for at least a month, so I do request that you use the same handle as here.

Please keep in mind that this is NOT a free roll. The Entry Fee is $25 which is paid to the winner directly at the end of the season, unless you are the winner or have enough in prizes to cover the fee, which I will subtract from your accumulated prizes before paying you. I DO NOT HANDLE PLAYER MONIES FOR ANY REASON!!! If I am the winner, then the Entry Fees get paid to second place; the reason for this is because it makes it impossible for me to profit on the game.

While this game is NOT a free roll, it has run for almost a decade with relatively few problems. I also contribute over $800 of my own money to the prize pool to make it +EV for all participants. In fact, last season, my contributions were more than the total sum of Entry Fees.

Thank you and have a good day.

ALSO, PLEASE FOLLOW WOV'S SITE RULES IF YOU POST. DON'T MAKE ME REGRET THIS. LOL
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 23rd, 2023 at 10:36:29 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
bad link

I might participate this year
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 23rd, 2023 at 11:06:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: odiousgambit
bad link

I might participate this year

Fixed! It would be awesome to have you in it again!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 24th, 2023 at 10:48:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Just dropping links to the Official Thread:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/37505-official-2022-wov-picks-game-thread/

And Discussion Thread:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/38480-2023-wov-picks-game-discussion-thread/#post897584
August 24th, 2023 at 12:08:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
If you find it necessary to hire a celebrity picker to help promote your contest, I could be available for a modest fee.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 24th, 2023 at 1:31:46 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
If you find it necessary to hire a celebrity picker to help promote your contest, I could be available for a modest fee.

Sounds good! If you pick well-enough, your conditional payment should be between $750-$1,000 accounting for entry fees!