BUD (the King of Beers)

Page 21 of 23« First<181920212223>
September 9th, 2023 at 5:01:09 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
A quick google search here is ambiguous. Fred Flintstone hawked Winston, but "The Flintstones" was NOT a kid's show.

No, and no. No more addictive than something like sugar.

Come on. You are arguing to argue, there is no way you beleive cigarettes never targeted kids shows. And, that alcohol is not addictive.
September 9th, 2023 at 5:35:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Come on. You are arguing to argue, there is no way you beleive cigarettes never targeted kids shows. And, that alcohol is not addictive.

Cigarette ads were banned on TV when I was like one. So I have no direct point of reference to see if they advertised there or not. I do know that nobody would advertise to someone who could not buy the product. So unless you want to show examples of cigarette ads on a kids show I am not buying it.

I do not believe alcohol to be addictive. I do believe people can get hooked on many things from candy bars to coffee to gambling. In the early days of the internet people said online was addictive. I find the addictiveness to be in the person more than the product in most cases.
The President is a fink.
September 9th, 2023 at 6:57:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tobacco companies and candy cigarette manufacturers have cooperated to make candy cigarettes. Tobacco companies have allowed candy cigarette companies to use their branding;[3] Brown & Williamson has gone as far as to send copies of its labels to candy cigarette companies.[5] After the 1964 Surgeon General's report on smoking and health criticized candy cigarettes for "trying to lure youngsters into the smoking habit", tobacco companies began to distance themselves from candy cigarettes, although trademark infringement lawsuits against candy cigarette manufacturers have been rare.[3]

Looks like they still make them somewhere.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 7:04:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Here's my argument that beer is addictive. What is called "near beer" never had good sales. Without alcohol sales are terrible. Of course, maybe it was a beer taste that wasn't good. I remember trying one, and couldn't figure out why I would want to drink it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 7:58:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Here's my argument that beer is addictive. What is called "near beer" never had good sales. Without alcohol sales are terrible. Of course, maybe it was a beer taste that wasn't good. I remember trying one, and couldn't figure out why I would want to drink it.

Its a taste thing for the most part. Certain amount of relaxation when you have the real thing not there to be sure. But that does not prove addiction. Just that people want the real thing.
The President is a fink.
September 9th, 2023 at 8:00:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Tobacco companies and candy cigarette manufacturers have cooperated to make candy cigarettes. Tobacco companies have allowed candy cigarette companies to use their branding;[3] Brown & Williamson has gone as far as to send copies of its labels to candy cigarette companies.[5] After the 1964 Surgeon General's report on smoking and health criticized candy cigarettes for "trying to lure youngsters into the smoking habit", tobacco companies began to distance themselves from candy cigarettes, although trademark infringement lawsuits against candy cigarette manufacturers have been rare.[3]

Looks like they still make them somewhere.

Candy cigs were fun as a kid. People who hate them need to lighten up.
The President is a fink.
September 9th, 2023 at 8:48:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Its a taste thing for the most part. Certain amount of relaxation when you have the real thing not there to be sure. But that does not prove addiction. Just that people want the real thing.

There's a giant market for taking the sugar out. --->Diet coke, diet pepsi etc. Take the alcohol out of beer, no go.
September 9th, 2023 at 8:59:36 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
There's a giant market for taking the sugar out. --->Diet coke, diet pepsi etc. Take the alcohol out of beer, no go.

The non alcoholic beer market is growing. One of the duties of my current job involves running the bar. We used to stock one near beer and had to buy it at the liquor store. We now carry 3 choices that are constantly changing, most grocery stores now carry several brands. Every major beer brand now has a branded non-alcoholic beer.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 9th, 2023 at 9:00:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
The non alcoholic beer market is growing. One of the duties of my current job involves running the bar. We used to stock one near beer and had to buy it at the liquor store. We now carry 3 choices that are constantly changing, most grocery stores now carry several brands. Every major beer brand now has a branded non-alcoholic beer.

News to me. What's their stock price doing?
September 9th, 2023 at 9:13:47 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
News to me. What's their stock price doing?

They are mostly if not 100% owned by the big brewers so no individual stock prices to track. You could maybe see if the breweries publish their near beer sales.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 21 of 23« First<181920212223>