Final Fantasy IX Review

Page 2 of 2<12
January 19th, 2023 at 10:12:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
Thank you for the compliment; very kind of you to say so.

This game is a remaster; I guess the possibility of a remake of IX is being discussed, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

I agree that it's really not worth a replay as an adult, at least, for most people. IX might have been the first Final Fantasy title for some people, or perhaps even the first RPG, and I suspect that the nostalgia factor would have positively influenced my review had that been the case for me. I suspect VI will get a much better review from me if I do review it, (it's coming to Switch in a couple of months) but I already know that certain aspects of the story haven't aged well...because I have aged well.

I would also say that some people who gravitate towards the whimsical might enjoy this title as adults, but only if they are fans of the series in the first place. That's why I give it a weak recommend for people who are already huge fans of the series. I don't think you would like it. You would first have to want to play a highly story-driven game, and second, not think that the story is actually fairly weak.

You're quite welcome! Have you played Earthbound? I'm somewhat slowly making my way through that game and will likely review it. I'm not sure exactly where I am at with it, but I can say it's going to be a much more favorable review than this one, barring a sudden mid-game turn to massive sucktitude.

Thank you for the compliment on my writing style! Quite frankly, I suspect Terapined doesn't like me, for some reason. Unusual, because he and I met in person once and I thought we got on pretty well. If I had to suspect anything, I would suspect it's because my political views don't align with his as closely as they once did. For someone who is supposedly enjoying life and doing whatever he wants, he sure does make curmudgeonly posts sometimes.

No, unfortunately I don't (and never have had) any Nintendo consoles so I have never played that series.

Edit: That is partially false, I had a Gamboy Color as a kid, but never any of the home consoles.
January 19th, 2023 at 11:12:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I always enjoy, "Too long," comments, though.

Okay, so just don't f&*^$ing read it. lol

Final Fantasy IX Review (For Terapined)

It's not very good.

Thanks for the short review. Won't play it.
I only play the best highest rated games
Right now
Walkabout golf totally rocks
The physics are spot on
Quest 2
Virtual reality is the future of gaming
Rec room paintball also rocks
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2023 at 1:45:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

No, unfortunately I don't (and never have had) any Nintendo consoles so I have never played that series.

Edit: That is partially false, I had a Gamboy Color as a kid, but never any of the home consoles.

Wow, you must be younger than I thought. This was my handheld Gameboy:

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 20th, 2023 at 7:33:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

It's not very good.

Right now
The physics are spot on
Quest 2

I decided to look up how much the Quest 2 was selling for at my nearby Bestbuy. I believe it's cheaper than my original quest. Also saw it has almost 7000 5 out of 5 star reviews! 117 1 star reviews. Are you still running it off your phone's unlimited data plan?

Do you ever sit outside your trailer at night and use it?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2023 at 3:28:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Quote: terapined

It's not very good.

Right now
The physics are spot on
Quest 2

I decided to look up how much the Quest 2 was selling for at my nearby Bestbuy. I believe it's cheaper than my original quest. Also saw it has almost 7000 5 out of 5 star reviews! 117 1 star reviews. Are you still running it off your phone's unlimited data plan?

Do you ever sit outside your trailer at night and use it?

I use it in my trailer
A lot of games are sit or stand in place
I use campground wifi or my phones unlimited plan
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 21st, 2023 at 8:23:05 AM permalink
terapined
Currently playing Forza Horizon 5
Forza always hits it out of the park
This version is racing all over Mexico.
Incredible graphics.
My favorite races are the off road open country races.
Incredible variety of races and locale
Best part of the game is that you can tweak it to your to your skill level.
If I win a race, slightly up the skill level
If I'm not doing well, lower skill level

By the way I hate games with bosses which are a lot. No interest in doing something over and over and over trying to beat a boss.
Page 2 of 2<12