Sugared drinks=hair loss in men, propaganda?

Page 1 of 212>
January 7th, 2023 at 12:27:29 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/scientists-link-male-pattern-balding-to-wildly-popular-beverage/ar-AA15Wjo3?ocid=a2hs&li=BBnb7Kz
Quote:
Soda drinkers, beware — it looks like your favorite sugary drinks may be linked to hair loss....A new study out of Tsinghua University in Beijing has found a new link between sugary drinks and male pattern hair loss, with beverages ranging from soft drinks to artificially-sweetened juices to energy drinks being some of the primary culprits.

In short, it's depressing news: all the stuff that tastes really great may make you lose your hair.

I cannot believe this is possibly true. This makes no sense at all to me, the only thing I've ever heard about hair loss is genetics and producing too much testosterone, which made sense to me. This is coming from China, I would just guess the Chinese communist party wants the people to stop drinking so much sugar and wants the people to lose weight. Since this is making mainstream news, it confuses me on the propaganda angle because they would want it to not make world news. I just cannot believe this is true whatsoever.
January 7th, 2023 at 1:59:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
it gets worse.

after this came out, they changed and say they now know it was really from drinking too much Dr. Pepper

https://www.businessinsider.in/science/health/news/man-says-covid-caused-his-penis-to-shrink-by-an-inch-and-a-half/articleshow/88842678.cms
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 7th, 2023 at 5:52:57 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: odiousgambit
it gets worse.

after this came out, they changed and say they now know it was really from drinking too much Dr. Pepper

https://www.businessinsider.in/science/health/news/man-says-covid-caused-his-penis-to-shrink-by-an-inch-and-a-half/articleshow/88842678.cms

I didn't know a penis could get smaller but it makes sense(use it or lose it). Dr. Pepper raped my uncle with 3 fingers(he thinks but couldn't see), I don't know how he hasn't lost his medical license yet. If someone wants to drink his concocktion, let them but I don't want it.
January 7th, 2023 at 9:21:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Honestly, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it encourages people to give up soda, good. Soda consumption is one of the bad habits of our generation. Totally empty calories plus stuff that is terrible for you.

I try to only drink water and beer. Recently I started drinking grapefruit juice in the morning for extra Vitman C, but I really don't even like drinking juice.

My one sugary drink that I sometime succumb to (and since I had one this morning I have to admit to it) is Redbull, but it's the first in many months (maybe four months), and hopefully the last, but some mornings you just need caffeine. But, energy drinks are just as bad as soda (maybe worse), the only saving grace is people drink less of them (people who drink soda seem to drink soda constantly all day), so I am not proud of it. Certain weekends (drill weekends) bring out the worst habits in me.
January 7th, 2023 at 9:37:07 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
Honestly, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it encourages people to give up soda, good. Soda consumption is one of the bad habits of our generation. Totally empty calories plus stuff that is terrible for you.

I try to only drink water and beer. Recently I started drinking grapefruit juice in the morning for extra Vitman C, but I really don't even like drinking juice.

My one sugary drink that I sometime succumb to (and since I had one this morning I have to admit to it) is Redbull, but it's the first in many months (maybe four months), and hopefully the last, but some mornings you just need caffeine. But, energy drinks are just as bad as soda (maybe worse), the only saving grace is people drink less of them (people who drink soda seem to drink soda constantly all day), so I am not proud of it. Certain weekends (drill weekends) bring out the worst habits in me.

Coffee is a health drink. Many, many studies have found that coffee is either neutral or a health benefit.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 7th, 2023 at 9:54:44 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Coffee is a health drink. Many, many studies have found that coffee is either neutral or a health benefit.

Black coffee yes, I fully agree.

Coffee with sugar, cream, syrup, flavoring, and junk in it, no. (Some coffee have so many additives and such high sugar levels they are just as bad as soda).

I have nothing against black coffee.

I just don't like it (mostly because I don't like hot beverages, my mouth is very sensative and burns easily). This is why I used to rely on energy drinks for a boost.

However, most Americans do not drink coffee in a healthy way (black).
January 7th, 2023 at 11:50:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I drink a lot of diet soda. I know it’s bad for you but IDGAF.

Haven’t started losing any hair yet. My dad is in his 60s and he hasn’t lost any hair either, so I think I’m good. Some of his brothers have though.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2023 at 1:08:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I drink about one soda per week. My daily drink is sweet tea which is probably just as bad as soda. I average close to a gallon a day of sweet tea.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 8th, 2023 at 7:43:25 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
The question is:

Do you buy sugared drinks have anything to do whatsoever with baldness?

I don't know any bald people I can think of who are sugar addicts and I know sugar addicts who have all their hair. It just makes zero sense to me. There is a slim chance sugar can affect Asian people differently but I doubt it. As far as I know, many children in China are spoiled and tend to be getting plumped up. I think China just trying to scare them to change diets and lose unnecessary weight. I'm of course speculating, but this study either flawed or untrue.
January 8th, 2023 at 9:23:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Higher glucose levels occur in non-diabetics when they consume any sweetened beverage. Even those lower levels may damage blood vessels over time with enough repetition. Those oxygenate the scalp as well as everything else.

I assume some other factors probably apply. Consume sugar without protein or fat and it will hit harder because it will absorb faster. And people react differently to different food as far as spiking glucose levels.

So, that may account for the differences.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 212>