The Biden Presidency 2023

July 14th, 2023 at 5:15:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Support for the inflation reduction act is strong.

Just another reminder that Dem policies are popular, and the country is doing better than it was under Donny.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 14th, 2023 at 5:51:38 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Health insurance premiums are going to rise.

Despite double digit earnings growth, health insurance companies are complaining.

'Health insurers slammed after UnitedHealth says more surgeries driving up costs'

'Older adults aged 65 and above covered under Medicare, who had largely stayed indoors during a large part of the pandemic, are getting "more comfortable accessing services for things that they might have pushed off a bit like knees and hips," UnitedHealth executives said.'
July 14th, 2023 at 7:15:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The bad news just keeps on coming…

(I keep posting stuff like this because it is VERY CLEAR that our righties are stuck in the Fox News doom bubble which has convinced them that Biden is doing a terrible job and everyone else is unhappy as they are. That is just incorrect.)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 14th, 2023 at 7:21:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Tanko
Health insurance premiums are going to rise.

Despite double digit earnings growth, health insurance companies are complaining.

'Health insurers slammed after UnitedHealth says more surgeries driving up costs'

'Older adults aged 65 and above covered under Medicare, who had largely stayed indoors during a large part of the pandemic, are getting "more comfortable accessing services for things that they might have pushed off a bit like knees and hips," UnitedHealth executives said.'

Get rid of Medicare, reduced demand causes lower prices, problem solved. The Government should pay for medically-assisted suicide, though.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 14th, 2023 at 10:30:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
[ The Government should pay for medically-assisted suicide, though.

I think the government should encourage it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 14th, 2023 at 5:58:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ben Shapiro is correct it's not that Trump is so popular it's that Captain Poopypants Biden is so unpopular, even his own party doesn't like him and doesn't want it to run. Anybody see the video of him at the beach last weekend, it was hilarious. Great grandpa puts on a bathing suit and tries not to fall down. Looked like he was 90 years old. The Bee had a great headline, Corpse Washes Up on Beach in Delaware and there's a picture of Lily White old man Joe laying on the beach.

That old video from the '80s is making the rounds again where Joe Biden, back when he had hair and could talk almost fluently was telling a crowd of people that not only did he graduate at the top of his class he was the only one in law school there on a full ride scholarship and at graduation he had 40 more credits than he needed. He was later forced to retract it and admit that none of it was true. He actually graduated at the very bottom of his class, had no scholarship, and got through law school by plagiarizing his ass off. How stupid do you have to be to tell so many blatant lies that are so easily checked. If it was Trump that did that you'd be seeing that video on a nonstop reel on CNN 24/7.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 14th, 2023 at 7:38:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Ben Shapiro is correct it's not that Trump is so popular it's that Captain Poopypants Biden is so unpopular, even his own party doesn't like him and doesn't want it to run. Anybody see the video of him at the beach last weekend, it was hilarious. Great grandpa puts on a bathing suit and tries not to fall down. Looked like he was 90 years old. The Bee had a great headline, Corpse Washes Up on Beach in Delaware and there's a picture of Lily White old man Joe laying on the beach.

That old video from the '80s is making the rounds again where Joe Biden, back when he had hair and could talk almost fluently was telling a crowd of people that not only did he graduate at the top of his class he was the only one in law school there on a full ride scholarship and at graduation he had 40 more credits than he needed. He was later forced to retract it and admit that none of it was true. He actually graduated at the very bottom of his class, had no scholarship, and got through law school by plagiarizing his ass off. How stupid do you have to be to tell so many blatant lies that are so easily checked. If it was Trump that did that you'd be seeing that video on a nonstop reel on CNN 24/7.

You mean somebody in their 80s looks almost 90? Shocking.

Also, the reverse is true, nobody is excited about Biden, he was only the most successful candidate because he ran against Trump. It was basically an auto win for the democrats.

Yes, he lied in an interview before most of us were born about his law school performance. Who cares..... Trump has lied more recently than graduating the top of his class. And, Trump does not even have anything beyond a Bachelors degree. And, I have zero doubt that Trump probably plagiarized (every student has intentionally or not, not properly citing something is plagiarism, even using content from a separate paper that you wrote yourself, plagiarism, etc.... I would bet that there is not a single college graduate who did not plagiarize something intentionally or not, it is just a matter if they get caught and/or the professor deems it serious enough to pursue.) In fact what Biden got in trouble for was not properly citing a law review journal, something that I would bet almost every law student has done, my guess is somebody did not like him and wanted to make an example of him.

Anyway must be a slow Biden day if we are back to bathing suit reviews, 1960s law school behavior and interviews from the 1980s.
July 14th, 2023 at 8:30:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

Yes, he lied in an interview before most of us were born about his law school performance. Who cares..... Trump has lied more recently than graduating the top of his class.

I think it should absolutely matter that they lie. I say, don't vote for any of them that have lied.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 15th, 2023 at 3:15:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DRich
I think it should absolutely matter that they lie. I say, don't vote for any of them that have lied.
boy would we need a new slate of candidates! ... top to bottom!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 17th, 2023 at 3:14:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I was wondering if Janet Yellen should have done all that bowing ... but I never heard a thing about it. Then I came across a silly article saying she was tripping on psychedelic mushrooms she unknowingly ate. Well, I'm not buying that, but I wonder if she had too many cocktails LOL. Now I had to look into it.

You know, this sort of thing seems to happen frequently. A diplomat, state department official, or maybe the President is a little nervous about knowing their manners in foreign countries and wants to bone up on them. On their own, or with the help of some aide, they get the facts on how a normal person should behave in a polite way in the presence of someone important or just generally. And they fail to realize they need more information about the whole matter and do not get it! It happens all the time!

In Yellen’s case, I have to agree with those who say the bowing was a complete mistake, proven by the fact that the Chinese official, Vice Premier He Lifeng, did not bow in return. “Never, ever, ever,” a senior staffer in George W. Bush’s White House, told The Post. [see link]“An American official does not bow….”

“Bowing is not part of the accepted protocol,” agreed an … expert in Chinese law and government.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/08/us-treasury-secretary-janet-yellen-commits-embarrassing-bow-during-beijing-visit/
https://asiatimes.com/2023/07/china-raises-five-demands-during-yellens-visit/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]