DeSantis: the real deal?

October 16th, 2022 at 10:54:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
As usual you totally miss the point.

It was probably worth missing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 16th, 2022 at 11:05:29 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
If that isn’t ever inspiring. If you work at McDonald’s they’ll give you the life skills to bag groceries and fetch carts under some probable loser grocery store manager re-living telling his high school glory days stories to his employees. Or at least that’s what every single one of the male department and store managers were like at the grocery store I worked at in high school. Any life skills I learned there were what path not to follow.

Interesting about 4-H never thought to put that on a resume, I always did put grew up working on a farm in cover letter of beginner jobs.
October 16th, 2022 at 1:18:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rquiredusername
If that isn’t ever inspiring. If you work at McDonald’s they’ll give you the life skills to bag groceries and fetch carts under some probable loser grocery store manager re-living telling his high school glory days stories to his employees. Or at least that’s what every single one of the male department and store managers were like at the grocery store I worked at in high school. Any life skills I learned there were what path not to follow.

They will give you the soft skills of learning to show up and learning customer service. The kind of thing that paper routes used to teach back when they existed. After that if you pay attention you learn how a kitchen works. Learn sanitation standards. Then there is management where you will learn to run a 2-3 million dollar business and manage 40+ employees.

Then you can get promoted from within. McDonald's has too many job functions to mention.

It is only not a good thing to elitists who think they are above working and learning.
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2022 at 3:35:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rquiredusername

Interesting about 4-H never thought to put that on a resume, I always did put grew up working on a farm in cover letter of beginner jobs.

Your experience is likely related to effort you put into your job. The big chain grocery store managers in Canada make $100K per year plus after a few years as manager with good benefits and pension. Not going to be a millionaire but good solid middle class life style. That is part of the problem now everyone thinks they are worth the $250K without working. Easy to make that kind of money in Canada but you have to do physical work which is sometimes outside in winter and probably live in a camp on a schedule like 14 days in and 10 days out. Avoid the drugs, alcohol and poker games in camp and you can put away a nest egg of a million dollars after 10 years or less of camp life.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 16th, 2022 at 3:59:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
Your experience is likely related to effort you put into your job. The big chain grocery store managers in Canada make $100K per year plus after a few years as manager with good benefits and pension. Not going to be a millionaire but good solid middle class life style. That is part of the problem now everyone thinks they are worth the $250K without working. Easy to make that kind of money in Canada but you have to do physical work which is sometimes outside in winter and probably live in a camp on a schedule like 14 days in and 10 days out. Avoid the drugs, alcohol and poker games in camp and you can put away a nest egg of a million dollars after 10 years or less of camp life.

I just had this conversation last night. A QSR GM will do $60s-80s. You have to put up with a lot but for good money you have to put up with a lot. After a rough day at work I checked indeed because why not? I cannot believe what entry factory and warehouse work is paying! With a little skill, screw college!
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2022 at 4:17:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I just had this conversation last night. A QSR GM will do $60s-80s. You have to put up with a lot but for good money you have to put up with a lot. After a rough day at work I checked indeed because why not? I cannot believe what entry factory and warehouse work is paying! With a little skill, screw college!

A friend of mine started at Taco Bell at age 17 and retired this year after 38 years with the company. I don't know his exact title but it was something like Regional Manager. He was making close to $150k at retirement. A very solid upper middle class income.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 16th, 2022 at 4:57:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
A friend of mine started at Taco Bell at age 17 and retired this year after 38 years with the company. I don't know his exact title but it was something like Regional Manager. He was making close to $150k at retirement. A very solid upper middle class income.

The other side is they are similar to when I was in pest control as a manager. Places that hire managers on entry level like this have to train them like crazy. If you get on a management-track you are in a sort of junior MBA program. It helps you even if you are not going to direct management. It is a shame we have so many elitists look down on that kind of employer.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2022 at 5:59:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Big Tits will NEVER make it through a GOP primary with Donny.

https://twitter.com/ammarmufasa/status/1584688835278970880?s=46&t=b_mveXaAWK5Y05bKfoz_pQ

Yikes. No one prepared him for the most obvious question a candidate with higher office aspirations always gets in a debate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2022 at 4:59:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Less than weeks after Ian destroyed a section of the Sanibel Causeway, it is already opened to broad traffic.

Meanwhile in California, Governor Newsom is threatening to scrap plans for a $1.7 million public toilet in San Francisco, that would take more than two years to complete.

October 25th, 2022 at 5:10:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Less than weeks after Ian destroyed a section of the Sanibel Causeway, it is already opened to broad traffic.

Meanwhile in California, Governor Newsom is threatening to scrap plans for a $1.7 million public toilet in San Francisco, that would take more than two years to complete.

This comes off as a desperate false equivalence.

If the public toilet was the only access way into SF, I’m sure it would have been completed by now. lol

After seeing Bit Tits’s pitiful debate performance last night, I’d LOOOOVE to see him to head to head with someone as polished as Newsom.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman