Enslave the homeless

Page 2 of 2<12
September 3rd, 2022 at 8:34:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Obviously my reference to enslaving was tongue in cheek, but something drastic needs to be done.

I am all for helping folks who are temporarily homeless, e.g. woman and kids fleeing domestic violence, but I've zero sympathy for druggies.

As for the crazies, I understand most would be OK if they took their meds, but they refuse; so make the meds time release, such that they last a month.

Require a homeless nut to go to a center to take his meds in front of a witness; as soon as he does hand him his welfare or SSI check, foodstamps, whatever else.

Make taking meds a condition precedent to getting any aid whatsoever.

Set up special prison camps away from town, in the woods when possible, and as I said above put them to work: also pay them, let them use the money to buy weed and alcohol if that's their crutch.

Bottom line: keep these defective people away from polite society, they contribute nothing of value and their presence hinders the enjoyment of life.
September 3rd, 2022 at 8:55:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Obviously my reference to enslaving was tongue in cheek, but something drastic needs to be done.

I am all for helping folks who are temporarily homeless, e.g. woman and kids fleeing domestic violence, but I've zero sympathy for druggies.

As for the crazies, I understand most would be OK if they took their meds, but they refuse; so make the meds time release, such that they last a month.

Require a homeless nut to go to a center to take his meds in front of a witness; as soon as he does hand him his welfare or SSI check, foodstamps, whatever else.

Make taking meds a condition precedent to getting any aid whatsoever.

Set up special prison camps away from town, in the woods when possible, and as I said above put them to work: also pay them, let them use the money to buy weed and alcohol if that's their crutch.

Bottom line: keep these defective people away from polite society, they contribute nothing of value and their presence hinders the enjoyment of life.

As far as I know, there is no law that requires a place designed like a city to have public streets. (Think large theme parks)

The problem stems from somehow getting the streets and sidewalks privately owned but making it available to the community without turning it into toll roads or what not. Then you can decide to enforce moving people off streets and sidewalks on a permanent basis,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2022 at 9:13:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Speaking of living in a theme park. You can live at Disney World. There is a section of private homes known as Golden Oaks starting at $2 million on up. No homeless there. But there are giant mice.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2022 at 3:12:19 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
When Bloomberg was Mayor, the city paid homeless to leave the city and never come back. If they accepted the offer, they could not return and collect benefits from the city. It freed up a lot of park benches.

Two million of them went to Portland.

'New York gives homeless people a one-way ticket to leave city'

deBlasio ended the program the day he took office, and turned the city into a giant urinal.

Piss trails and the smell of piss is everywhere in Manhattan.
September 4th, 2022 at 7:47:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Speaking of living in a theme park. You can live at Disney World. There is a section of private homes known as Golden Oaks starting at $2 million on up. No homeless there. But there are giant mice.

That is a good example that is 100% private (if it is the community I am think it is), private roads, private intrastate, etc.... So, they can pretty much kick out anyone, for any reason from anywhere even outside on the street (unless you are a resident in which case they have to allow you access to your property).

HOAs (even beyond HOAs, 100% private communities where even the roads and sidewalks are controlled) may be the future for people who want safe living (at least in cities where there is no local will to do anything).
Page 2 of 2<12