Masters v Kelly

Page 2 of 2<12
November 1st, 2022 at 3:42:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
JCW, you have to understand the ‘potted plant’ vote. Most Americans were willing to vote for a ‘potted plant’ over Trump. It’s just the policies of the ‘potted plant’ that you are voting for, mostly. I think there are two OBVIOUS candidates that will put this to the test, Fetterman and Walker. Fetterman will vote 100% of the time the way Schumer tells him to. Walker will vote 100% of the time the way McConnell tells him to.

I think I’m in the extreme minority in that I just can’t vote for a policy. I could not vote for Trump. In this election, if I was a Pennsylvanian, I could not vote for Oz or Fetterman. And if a Georgian, could not vote for Walker or Warnock.
November 1st, 2022 at 10:56:29 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
If you don't vote for policy, what are you voting for?
That is a serious question. Politics is about governance & policy.
What policies do you think move America in the right direction?
I always vote for policy because the policy is the only think that affects me.
Whether The Orange Man "steps on a rake" over the latest Tweet is irrelevant to me.
When The House Plant's withdrawal policy out of Afghanistan kills 13 American Soldiers,
leaves Americans and Allies behind along with $80B in military equipment, that affects me.
I had to pay for some of that $80B and there are families that lost kids because of Biden' withdrawal disaster.
Afghanistan certainly emboldened Putin to make a grab for Ukraine & look where we are as a result.
Policy is the only thing the matters. The tweets, the candidates likeability their competence are irrelevant.
Will they vote for policies that move this country forward is all I care about.
These people aren't your friends. I don't need to be inspired by a President or Governor.
Just F'ing do your job so Americans and America can continue to be the best country in the world.
Those that think it isn't are welcome to leave, we got 2 million+ illegals crossing the border this year that want you spot.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 1st, 2022 at 9:17:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: JCW09
If you don't vote for policy, what are you voting for?
That is a serious question. Politics is about governance & policy.
What policies do you think move America in the right direction?
I always vote for policy because the policy is the only think that affects me.
Whether The Orange Man "steps on a rake" over the latest Tweet is irrelevant to me.
When The House Plant's withdrawal policy out of Afghanistan kills 13 American Soldiers,
leaves Americans and Allies behind along with $80B in military equipment, that affects me.
I had to pay for some of that $80B and there are families that lost kids because of Biden' withdrawal disaster.
Afghanistan certainly emboldened Putin to make a grab for Ukraine & look where we are as a result.
Policy is the only thing the matters. The tweets, the candidates likeability their competence are irrelevant.
Will they vote for policies that move this country forward is all I care about.
These people aren't your friends. I don't need to be inspired by a President or Governor.
Just F'ing do your job so Americans and America can continue to be the best country in the world.
Those that think it isn't are welcome to leave, we got 2 million+ illegals crossing the border this year that want you spot.

It’s hard to argue with you. But to me, and many others, the character of the elected leader does mean something. Even if it’s not quantifiable how much it means.
November 2nd, 2022 at 2:00:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
According to no polls taken after that horrific debate performance, but you keep spinning that tale.

SUPRC/USA TODAY poll of likely PA voters:
(10/27-10/30)
Fetterman 47
Oz 45
Others 1.5
Und 7
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 4th, 2022 at 9:15:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
SUPRC/USA TODAY poll of likely PA voters:
(10/27-10/30)
Fetterman 47
Oz 45
Others 1.5
Und 7

Shows the power of Oprah has on low IQ individuals. He was tanking like a rock until her endorsement! Hard to fathom you were undecided after all these months but when Oprah chimes in, that seals the deal!

Oops. We are in the wrong thread. If a mod can move our two posts to Fetterman/Oz thread….
November 4th, 2022 at 9:36:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Shows the power of Oprah has on low IQ individuals. He was tanking like a rock until her endorsement! Hard to fathom you were undecided after all these months but when Oprah chimes in, that seals the deal!

Oops. We are in the wrong thread. If a mod can move our two posts to Fetterman/Oz thread….

????????????????
I don't think Oprah moves any votes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 4th, 2022 at 10:40:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

That poll was taken before the Oprah endorsement. (10/27-10/30, Oprah endorsed yesterday)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 4th, 2022 at 3:42:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
That poll was taken before the Oprah endorsement. (10/27-10/30, Oprah endorsed yesterday)

Gotcha. I saw a big move on Predictit in favor of Fetterman. And I read somewhere (no idea which site!) that attributed it to Oprah. That will be another one we will never know. Not many voters would actually say ‘ivoted for him because Oprah said to’ whether that was true or not.

I think if you said you’d give me a $million if I predicted accurately, I’d take Fetterman. I think ‘don’t like carpetbagger’ outweighs ‘disabled by stroke’.
Page 2 of 2<12