Fetterman v Oz

November 1st, 2022 at 2:56:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I don't think you realize the irony in what you just said.

I see no irony, just a straightforward statement. A high abortion rate is a sign of a society in decline. Pro-abortion women are so undatable that it defies the imagination. Now, reading it the next morning I guess I have to re-word it as "people who make wanting more abortions the sole reason for their vote." So, think about it that way.

I lean pro-life but abortion is never in my top reasons for my vote. Lots of pols and people who love watching politics seem to think abortion is the beginning and end of the world for everyone. Really, it is not. For those who it is their votes are set, so what happens with it does not matter as much as people think.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2022 at 3:32:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I know I’m biased against liberal Democrats. So I asked a friend who is one if she watched the debate. She said she started, but felt it was wrong to keep watching Fetterman, as it was ‘CRUEL’ that he was put out there in his current condition! Her word!

The overriding question is ‘how is it possible the Democrats did not come up with an able bodied replacement for the clearly disabled Fetterman?’ This was an EASILY winnable race against carpetbagger Turkish citizen Oz!

If the Senate is 51-49 because we have Senator Oz the Dems have only themselves to blame.
November 1st, 2022 at 5:26:54 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I see no irony, just a straightforward statement. A high abortion rate is a sign of a society in decline.

A higher rate of abortion is leading to a smarter society. I would rather have a smaller smart society than the larger moronic one that we currently live amongst.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 1st, 2022 at 6:31:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
A higher rate of abortion is leading to a smarter society. I would rather have a smaller smart society than the larger moronic one that we currently live amongst.

Except it wouldn’t be smarter
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2022 at 8:08:39 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Except it wouldn’t be smarter

Obviously, we disagree. My simplistic view of it is that most people are morons so the less people that we have the less morons we will have.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 1st, 2022 at 11:09:38 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: SOOPOO
I know I’m biased against liberal Democrats. So I asked a friend who is one if she watched the debate. She said she started, but felt it was wrong to keep watching Fetterman, as it was ‘CRUEL’ that he was put out there in his current condition! Her word!

The overriding question is ‘how is it possible the Democrats did not come up with an able bodied replacement for the clearly disabled Fetterman?’ This was an EASILY winnable race against carpetbagger Turkish citizen Oz!

If the Senate is 51-49 because we have Senator Oz the Dems have only themselves to blame.

It's going to be worse for the Dems than 51-49.
Tick Tock
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 1st, 2022 at 11:19:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
It's going to be worse for the Dems than 51-49.
Tick Tock

Big “269 EC votes is Biden’s best case scenario” vibes here.
lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 1st, 2022 at 2:50:24 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that Fetterman

1) Made it his “life work” (his words) to parole as many inmates as possible, even those convicted of violent offenses. Meanwhile the crime situation in Philly is absolutely out of control. I am not a big fan of the civil rights implications of something like stop and frisk that cleaned up NYC, but at some point drastic measures need to be taken. I accidentally made a wrong turn into North Philly a few weeks ago, and a kid no older than 12 started approaching my car with a gun at a stop sign. I think it was a spray painted airsoft, but still scary.

2) He chased down an unarmed black jogger with a shotgun who did absolutely nothing. He refuses to admit there’s anything wrong with this.

3) He completely flipped flopped on fracking and won’t admit he changed his position

I really hate Oz, so can anyone give me a good reason to vote for Fetterman?
November 1st, 2022 at 3:34:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: gamerfreak
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that Fetterman

1) Made it his “life work” (his words) to parole as many inmates as possible, even those convicted of violent offenses. Meanwhile the crime situation in Philly is absolutely out of control. I am not a big fan of the civil rights implications of something like stop and frisk that cleaned up NYC, but at some point drastic measures need to be taken. I accidentally made a wrong turn into North Philly a few weeks ago, and a kid no older than 12 started approaching my car with a gun at a stop sign. I think it was a spray painted airsoft, but still scary.

The thing is, stop-and-frisk is good police work when a place has gotten to that low a level. Profiling is good police work. That is un-PC, but it is the truth.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2022 at 3:37:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I see no irony, just a straightforward statement. A high abortion rate is a sign of a society in decline. Pro-abortion women are so undatable that it defies the imagination. Now, reading it the next morning I guess I have to re-word it as "people who make wanting more abortions the sole reason for their vote." So, think about it that way.

I lean pro-life but abortion is never in my top reasons for my vote. Lots of pols and people who love watching politics seem to think abortion is the beginning and end of the world for everyone. Really, it is not. For those who it is their votes are set, so what happens with it does not matter as much as people think.

To the contrary, high abortion access correlates with more prosperous societies, this is the case across the world.

Its actually a pretty major issue, because lack of abortion influences everything from increased crime, to increased babies living in poverty, to lower life expectancy. Abortion is more than just a health decision that an individual should have (which is 100% is), it has massive societal influences. Even within America States that ban abortion are much less prosperous than States that do not....

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/26/1101570014/abortion-access-tends-to-lower-child-poverty-rates-economists-say

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/class_gaps_unintended_pregnancy_release.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresaghilarducci/2021/12/24/59-of-women-seeking-abortions-are-mothers-facing-high-poverty-risk/?sh=4ad65dde264f

States that restrict abortion are worse off, and countries that restrict abortion are worse off. Abortion access is a key indicator in gauging how a region fares.