2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 9th, 2024 at 9:21:33 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Didn’t you hear the part about policies that Trump tried to enforce about border issues were overturned by rulings of the court, or did you miss that news?

Lost some and Won the most important ones.

Lower Court rulings were overturned by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court ruled against him on DACA, but ruled in his favor on the bigger issues.

'Supreme Court allows Trump to enforce ‘public charge’ immigration rule'

'Supreme Court keeps in place Trump-era immigration policy allowing asylum-seekers to be quickly turned away'

He was trying to protect American lives. Not just jobs and quality of life.

Trump's Remain in Mexico policy was working very well. There was no reason for Biden to end it and let 7.3 million illegals into the country. So far.

Drug overdose deaths in 2018 were 68,000. In 2023 they were 112,000.

'Gangbangers openly sell fake IDs, green cards to migrants on NYC streets as officials warn of danger'
March 9th, 2024 at 9:26:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I think it is a terrible idea to limit fees on credit cards. I prefer a free market where they can chare whatever they want and the consumer gets to decide if they want to use that card.

Well, why not remove all consumer protection from the banking industry. I'm sure it will never go wrong; just let them do what they want.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2024 at 9:36:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Lost some and Won the most important ones.

Lower Court rulings were overturned by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court ruled against him on DACA, but ruled in his favor on the bigger issues.

'Supreme Court allows Trump to enforce ‘public charge’ immigration rule'

'Supreme Court keeps in place Trump-era immigration policy allowing asylum-seekers to be quickly turned away'

He was trying to protect American lives. Not just jobs and quality of life.

Trump's Remain in Mexico policy was working very well. There was no reason for Biden to end it and let 7.3 million illegals into the country. So far.

Drug overdose deaths in 2018 were 68,000. In 2023 they were 112,000.

'Gangbangers openly sell fake IDs, green cards to migrants on NYC streets as officials warn of danger'

Like, I pointed out before, it only takes a small drone to get 10s of thousands of fentanyl doses over the border. It's irrelevant to point out the drug problem linked to immigrants. Just a distraction. Wasn't some of Trump's immigration success due to covid, which is no longer the threat?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2024 at 5:05:35 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Like, I pointed out before, it only takes a small drone to get 10s of thousands of fentanyl doses over the border. It's irrelevant to point out the drug problem linked to immigrants. Just a distraction. Wasn't some of Trump's immigration success due to covid, which is no longer the threat?

Closing the border, controlling the border, slowing the flow, etc. will not completely stop the drug problem. It won't stop all human trafficking. It won't stop all criminal gangs. It won't stop the wave of shoplifting.

The border situation is not "irrelevant" to any of those issues. To say so is an attempt to ignore what we all really know--cutting illegal crossings (those coming in between ports of entry) and ineligible (those not properly screened for admission and not held in custody because they have overrun our ports of entry)--would HELP with some of those issues. You can't just let millions upon millions of unvetted people in to the country and not understand they will cause additional problems.

The combination of stupid liberal "soft on crime" policies, sanctuary cities, defunding of the police, etc. along with the added burden of millions of people with no place to live and expectations of low wages (really why some want them here...to replace the people liberals say they want to get better wages) has led to the decline of many cities. Sure "major crime" in places that actually report crime (not all do) is down but the reality that is often ignored that being confronted and having things taken from you is a crime that people can say is relatively "non-violent" or not considered a "major crime" but it is something that scares a lot of people since it happens more frequently. It is easy to sit at your house and say "but it didn't happen to me"....and ignore it.

The President could lead and take the bold actions that we need to control the border using executive orders but he is playing the political game just as much as the Republicans. At a time when he has finally decided it is crisis and visited a sanitized site (El Paso) and one with a very low level of crossings (Brownsville), he has also chosen to sit on his hands and try to place all blame on others. It is what he does.
March 10th, 2024 at 5:37:13 AM permalink
rxwine
I didn't say anything about the other things, but FYI, a pigeon could carry 30,000 illegal doses of fentanyl. One bird. One carrier pigeon.
March 10th, 2024 at 5:56:51 AM permalink
RonC
I didn't say anything about the other things, but FYI, a pigeon could carry 30,000 illegal doses of fentanyl. One bird. One carrier pigeon.

That is some argument for an open border. I am surprised the President didn't use it.

"Stop illegal pigeon crossings."
March 10th, 2024 at 6:39:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
That is some argument for an open border. I am surprised the President didn't use it.

"Stop illegal pigeon crossings."

Well, it's more an argument against using stopping illegal immigration as any real answer against the problem of a drug like fentanyl.
March 10th, 2024 at 6:54:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Anyway, don't send any more Republicans to make a deal about the border as they are untrustworthy. What other conclusion should I make. You send a guy to make a deal and then don't support it when it's bipartisan. That's BS.
March 11th, 2024 at 4:53:03 AM permalink
RonC
Anyway, don't send any more Republicans to make a deal about the border as they are untrustworthy. What other conclusion should I make. You send a guy to make a deal and then don't support it when it's bipartisan. That's BS.

I love liberals. They are almost incapable of understanding that two things can be true. They ignore or deny truths while blaming someone else for everything.

I guess I should take the same tact.

The President is responsible for the security of our border. Instead of trying to negotiate a plan to fail, they should have negotiated a real bipartisan plan with both House and Senate leaders that secured the border without loopholes for a President to ignore the deal. A narrow deal that helped with security negotiated with both sides of Congress.

"While some Republicans were always going to vote against the compromise, arguing that no policy is better than what they saw as weak policy"

https://apnews.com/article/congress-border-deal-rejected-lankford-immigration-045fdf42d42b26270ee1f5f73e8bc1b0

That's right. It wasn't just one person that killed the bill. it wasn't just something someone said.

So, deny that...the Senate Majority Leader, a Democrat, should have brought HR 2 to the floor for debate. He is solely responsible for not allowing debate on that bill. Sure, it wouldn't pass as sent over to the Senate most likely, but not bringing it up and sending it back to the House meant he just wanted to stop the Republican House from getting a win.
March 11th, 2024 at 5:23:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
I love liberals. They are almost incapable of understanding that two things can be true. They ignore or deny truths while blaming someone else for everything.

I guess I should take the same tact.

The President is responsible for the security of our border. Instead of trying to negotiate a plan to fail, they should have negotiated a real bipartisan plan with both House and Senate leaders that secured the border without loopholes for a President to ignore the deal. A narrow deal that helped with security negotiated with both sides of Congress.

"While some Republicans were always going to vote against the compromise, arguing that no policy is better than what they saw as weak policy"

https://apnews.com/article/congress-border-deal-rejected-lankford-immigration-045fdf42d42b26270ee1f5f73e8bc1b0

That's right. It wasn't just one person that killed the bill. it wasn't just something someone said.

So, deny that...the Senate Majority Leader, a Democrat, should have brought HR 2 to the floor for debate. He is solely responsible for not allowing debate on that bill. Sure, it wouldn't pass as sent over to the Senate most likely, but not bringing it up and sending it back to the House meant he just wanted to stop the Republican House from getting a win.

I put that idea forward, because Republicans don't want to admit Trump actually killed it for selfish reasons..