"Give Me a Hug"

June 26th, 2022 at 10:47:10 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I had my seven year old grandson over and he introduced me to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGQuJPJric

He says he and his friends enjoy it; I guess it is tied to a video game they watch?

I find it ...disturbing...
June 26th, 2022 at 12:57:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: missedhervee

He says he and his friends enjoy it; I guess it is tied to a video game they watch?

I guess kids are different these days. I too, find it disturbing. Hopefully they can always laugh at it, but for me there would be the possibility of nightmares or fear of an empty household. I don't watch horror films, just don't like them.

Maybe it goes along the lines of, we had our house broken into once and trashed and a few things taken. Then you think about being the house being broken into while we are in here and it get's worse.

I see some of the videos of the "homeless" encampments in Portland etc., and those creatures on the prowl for their fixes, it get's creepy. I drew a line years back where I won't shoot someone for stealing from our car, but forcible b&e and the paradigm changes at over 900 fps. I don't want to get 'trigger' happy, but if I watched this video multiple times, it might feed an irrational fear.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 26th, 2022 at 2:32:06 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: petroglyph
I see some of the videos of the "homeless" encampments in Portland etc., and those creatures on the prowl for their fixes, it get's creepy. I drew a line years back where I won't shoot someone for stealing from our car, but forcible b&e and the paradigm changes at over 900 fps. I don't want to get 'trigger' happy...

My son came close to blowing a homeless guy out of his socks yesterday.

It was at a major intersection; my son was in his P/U in the left turn lane and a homeless jay walker was there too, against the law obviously.

So my progeny kept going, forcing the bum to move quickly to avoid getting hit.

The bum pulled and displayed a knife and yelled; fortunately my Trump-loving, CCW-empowered, Glock packing son had the coolness of mind not to rise to the bait and blow the puke to kingdom come.

Portland is just SO over...
June 26th, 2022 at 2:42:09 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11

You, or he might find the game even more disturbing.

https://poppyplaytimegame.io/poppy-playtime-huggy-wuggy-game.
Open the door and wait to get slaughtered.

I suspect that game would be PG13 if hosted or promoted in the UK
June 26th, 2022 at 6:15:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
My son came close to blowing a homeless guy out of his socks yesterday.

It was at a major intersection; my son was in his P/U in the left turn lane and a homeless jay walker was there too, against the law obviously.

So my progeny kept going, forcing the bum to move quickly to avoid getting hit.

The bum pulled and displayed a knife and yelled; fortunately my Trump-loving, CCW-empowered, Glock packing son had the coolness of mind not to rise to the bait and blow the puke to kingdom come.

Portland is just SO over...
Scary stuff. Even if you are right, in the right, with all the current paperwork, and there is only one story being told.

I've had 3 chances to shoot, each time I witheld and waited, gun in hand. Just the fact that I had the loaded gun and a face that made them believe I would shoot, changed the scenario from a physical one to us both going our separate ways. I was really glad I was armed, and I was equally glad that I didn't put a bullet or more in them. It's a bad situation. If you shoot just once, and they don't die, you will probably spend years in legal limbo, mumbo jumbo. Getting sued for health care yada yada. If you empty the mag, questions will be asked, "why so many rounds". And of course if they die, and it has family that were expecting them to become model citizens, the paperwork continues. Especially now days.

But on the other hand, having been mugged once, it hurts like hell. And the popo are to busy to worry about my silly little missing teeth, and clobbered head, it's not like the guy wasn't a model citizen or something, regardless of the many charges this year and last and the one before that. He was misunderstood. I didn't understand at 5 in the morning on my way to work he just wanted to party.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 11th, 2022 at 10:59:36 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I had my seven year old grandson over and he introduced me to this song: He says he and his friends enjoy it; I guess it is tied to a video game they watch? I find it ...disturbing...

Poppy Playtime is a first-person survival horror where the player plays as a former employee of Playtime Co. who returns to the abandoned toy factory of said company after receiving a letter from the staff who were thought to have disappeared 10 years ago.The player discovers that the factory is filled with toys who are alive and malicious towards them, and starts looking for a way to escape the premises. Various VHS tapes can be found throughout the factory, each one giving a more in-depth explanation of the story.

The manufacturer rates the game for age 8 and higher. Apple rates it as age 12 or higher, while Google Play rates it age 13 and higher.

The "PG-13" rating was introduced on July 1, 1984, with the advisory "Parents Are Strongly Cautioned to Give Special Guidance for Attendance of Children Under 13 – Some Material May Be Inappropriate for Young Children". The rating was in response to Indiana Jones: "Temple of Doom". Obviously the personal standards are changed since 1984 as many people would let children under the age of 10 watch "Temple of Doom".
July 11th, 2022 at 1:20:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I just came from the Mensa Annual Gathering. There was a system, using colored stickers to put on your badge, for your hug policy, ranging from definitely not to probably yes.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 11th, 2022 at 3:44:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Wizard
I just came from the Mensa Annual Gathering.

Where do mensas gather?

Watering hole?

Berry patch?

BTW, are mensas really endangered, or can we still hunt them in the fall?

My dad bagged and skinned two mensas (old school: black powder) and after he passed my brother and I each got a mounted mensa head for our dens.