Is Covid over?

July 16th, 2022 at 12:54:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You realize you have that backwards. Nah probably not. The top 3 officials of NIH have resigned.

Why
Let's see a source regarding why instead of generalizations that don't mean jack
I have an open mind
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 16th, 2022 at 1:20:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Why
Let's see a source regarding why instead of generalizations that don't mean jack
I have an open mind

Yeah I can’t really take anything kenarman says seriously these days without a source. Dude is confused A LOT.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 16th, 2022 at 1:52:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Imitating terapined for a moment. YAWN. There’s multiple stories of Trump politicizing the pandemic / science.

Nothing to see here but failure on kenarman’s part, but failure to notice anything wrong until now.

And five times as many stories of Democrats politicizing it. No telling how many people died because of Democrats caring more about politics of it than anything else. Trump, OTOH, did a wonderful job handling it.
The President is a fink.
July 16th, 2022 at 2:09:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Why
I have an open mind

You can find the source in my original post but I know your reading comprehension is not that good so you get a pass.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 2:18:33 PM permalink
terapined
You can find the source in my original post but I know your reading comprehension is not that good so you get a pass.

You never provided a source
You made bombastic declarations without a source on exactly why people left the CDC
Every organization and company loses people
You made a bombastic declaration on why
I'm asking for a source on why and you come back with BS
Again I have an open mind and would like to read your source on exactly why a or some scientists left the CDC
I think you are filled with so much livid hatred for the CDC that when you heard some were leaving, you just made up the reasons out of thin air
It's known as fake news
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 16th, 2022 at 2:54:13 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Here is the OP it provides a source you don't look at sources anyway.

Quote Kenarman:

"This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 3:17:46 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Imitating terapined for a moment. YAWN. There’s multiple stories of Trump politicizing the pandemic / science.

Nothing to see here but failure on kenarman’s part, but failure to notice anything wrong until now.

I don’t know why the answer is always “Trump” in one form or another. If he did politicize the pandemic/science, that should have ended 1/20/2021…which means that people shouldn’t be leaving now due to politicization UNLESS it is still going on. Uncle Joe is kindly and so much better, why leave when he has fixed the problems? If they were so upset about how things were being done, why not leave while it is happening and fight from the outside? MSNBC and CNN would have gladly given them a platform.

Perhaps the problem in the agencies now has more to do with someone not named Trump.

Alternate response…

This issue does not impact me.
I am living my best life.
I am not worried about the economy
Only morons are poor due to the economy.
My money will easily outlast me.
July 16th, 2022 at 3:40:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Perhaps the problem in the agencies now has more to do with someone not named Trump.

Can someone actually explain what the “problem in the agencies” is and why people are quitting? Kenarman has been absolutely incapable of doing it thus far.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 16th, 2022 at 3:45:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Can someone actually explain what the “problem in the agencies” is and why people are quitting? Kenarman has been absolutely incapable of doing it thus far.

Same thing i asked. What is it we're not hearing about because of politics.. Aside from crickets.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2022 at 4:12:09 PM permalink
terapined
Here is the OP it provides a source you don't look at sources anyway.

Quote Kenarman:

"This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."

Your source is BS
It's totally meaningless if you don't name names
Who exactly are saying these things and exactly what are they referring too
You may not be able to distinguish between legitimate proof and anonymous innuendo regarding generalizations.
Anybody can find an anonymous disgruntled employee
Talk about bias
This is the king of biased reporting