Ukraine conflict

April 28th, 2022 at 5:35:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mooseton
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: Tanko
At 2:18, Russian POW talking with his mother on the phone.

"Ukraine created coronavirus"

"Son of Biden was ruling there"

That's hilarious. Scott Adams predicted a month ago somebody would come up with a story that Hunter Biden had something to do with the Coronavirus.

Only surprising to the left.

Is this a Qnon rabbit hole
You guys will believe anything including Hunter is Dr Evil
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 28th, 2022 at 6:58:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tanko
At 2:18, Russian POW talking with his mother on the phone.

"Ukraine created coronavirus"

"Son of Biden was ruling there"

That's hilarious. Scott Adams predicted a month ago somebody would come up with a story that Hunter Biden had something to do with the Coronavirus.

Only surprising to the left.

Is this a Qnon rabbit hole
You guys will believe anything including Hunter is Dr Evil
ROTFL

Hunter Biden was counting votes in Georgia when Trump lost.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 28th, 2022 at 11:17:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Scott Adams opinion today is Ukraine is pretty much over and Russia won or will win. Like there was ever any doubt, I said from the beginning this whole thing is a yawner because there's no way Russia will lose. Ukraine is running out of everything. The missiles they have are no longer made by anybody so they depleted the world's supply. The drones they use, most of them, come from the largest drone maker in the world in China. This company has been tutoring Russia on how to defeat the drones with software. Russia can resupply forever and Ukraine can't. It's better off for the United States if Russia wins because then we won't have to rebuild Ukraine for billions and billions of dollars we'll never get back. There was a US general on TV last night saying 90 days it's over, Russia takes over the entire country of Ukraine. All they have to do is wait it out. Ukraine's Air Force is almost totally gone. It's harder and harder for Ukraine to get weapons. The people of Ukraine are getting war-weary and just want it to be over. They've been ruled by Russia before, it wasn't that bad, one corrupt government ruling another corrupt government. Who cares.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 28th, 2022 at 2:46:46 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
. Who cares.

I care, I find it very entertaining. I just hope we get more involved as I want to see some of our new weapon systems in action. We buy all these expensive toys and never get to play with them,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 29th, 2022 at 6:06:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.npr.org/2022/04/29/1095623383/marine-veteran-killed-fighting-in-ukraine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/29/ukraine-willy-cancel-american-killed-russia/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/04/29/american-willy-cancel-killed-fighting-in-ukraine/9582959002/

It appears the first American has died in Ukraine (at least direct combat death). This former Marine was working as a correctional officer when he was picked up by a private military contracting company seeking recruits for Ukraine. This is what I find interesting, because he was not in the Ukraine Foreign Legion (or International Legion I guess its technically called), but was working for a private company that had some kind of contract for military personnel there (the details seem unclear as to who is hiring foreign contractors).

The article says he was kicked out of the Marines on a bad conduct discharge (which is not the same as a dishonorable discharge, often a bad conduct discharge is when somebody gets in trouble in the civilian world -not related to service- and ends up in prison and the military wants them out as a result, this is not as "bad" as a dishonorable discharge, still not good). Apparently, whatever he did was not bad enough to disqualify him from being a correctional officer or work for a private military contractor (from the articles that mention it, only say he violated a lawful general order, which can mean almost anything from getting arrested, to being in a prohibited establishment, to not doing a task he was asked to). Well, the WP article mentions that he served a five-month jail sentence, and speculates that it was from weapons charges (based on anonymous people from the time), but this does not seem to be confirmed.
April 29th, 2022 at 11:01:10 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
https://www.npr.org/2022/04/29/1095623383/marine-veteran-killed-fighting-in-ukraine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/29/ukraine-willy-cancel-american-killed-russia/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/04/29/american-willy-cancel-killed-fighting-in-ukraine/9582959002/

It appears the first American has died in Ukraine (at least direct combat death). This former Marine was working as a correctional officer when he was picked up by a private military contracting company seeking recruits for Ukraine. This is what I find interesting, because he was not in the Ukraine Foreign Legion (or International Legion I guess its technically called), but was working for a private company that had some kind of contract for military personnel there (the details seem unclear as to who is hiring foreign contractors).

The article says he was kicked out of the Marines on a bad conduct discharge (which is not the same as a dishonorable discharge, often a bad conduct discharge is when somebody gets in trouble in the civilian world -not related to service- and ends up in prison and the military wants them out as a result, this is not as "bad" as a dishonorable discharge, still not good). Apparently, whatever he did was not bad enough to disqualify him from being a correctional officer or work for a private military contractor (from the articles that mention it, only say he violated a lawful general order, which can mean almost anything from getting arrested, to being in a prohibited establishment, to not doing a task he was asked to). Well, the WP article mentions that he served a five-month jail sentence, and speculates that it was from weapons charges (based on anonymous people from the time), but this does not seem to be confirmed.

More garbage. Thanks, not.
April 29th, 2022 at 11:05:54 PM permalink
Mooseton
How does anybody post NPR garbage anymore and think that should be taken seriously?
April 30th, 2022 at 4:36:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
How does anybody post NPR garbage anymore and think that should be taken seriously?

????????
WTF
You need simple computer lessons?????
It's called copy and paste. It's pretty simple but I get how you may not understand how to do it.
By the way
They do some great reporting
I love NPR
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2022 at 6:46:11 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Sorry they did not have the story on your reference of choice, RT...
April 30th, 2022 at 9:40:06 AM permalink
Tanko
Chechen officer killed while livestreaming.

"He basically called that round in on himself."