Michigan school shooting

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
December 7th, 2021 at 1:48:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Again and again I hear from people that they can't get workers. Granted not for top line jobs, but even five years ago many of these jobs were sought after. I was just talking with a nice woman who said she met her husband working at Door dash.com. So far, Door dash has sent them to 27 states to help fill the need for workers. Maybe during a roll out or whatever? Right now, I am waiting for a favorite pie, and am now on a waiting list at multiple stores. They all say the same thing, can't get product because whoever sells or ships it can't get workers.

It got me to thinking, it would maybe be beneficial if some talking head out there would mention to the msm, if parents or others are enabling their kids to stay home or stay unemployed, they are part of the problem. That is not helping the kids or the country. I remember stories growing up of parents breaking the kids dinner plate when they came of age. Kids are like wild animals, keep feeding them and they become completely dependent.

Don't be an enabler of a non productive lifestyle. It doesn't help them later in life.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 7th, 2021 at 2:03:39 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I was the youngest child and they did move once I left for school. They didn't hate Ohio, they were just smart and wanted their kids to get away and see new areas and explore and not be pigeon holed. I really appreciated it after the fact when I read that about 70% of people never move more than 40 miles from where they grew up.

They wanted it to be 500+ miles because everywhere within 500 miles of Ohio, exception only to Pittsburgh, is even worse than Ohio.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 7th, 2021 at 3:25:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I was born and raised in NJ, went to college in The South, and moved to Oregon in my 20's.

Good moves.

I was so happy to put NJ in my rear view mirror.
Page 9 of 9« First<6789