No votes (0%)
1 vote (100%)

1 member has voted

November 18th, 2021 at 4:39:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JCW09
I am all for this, see if your Leftist friends go for it.
I spend a much smaller percentage of my income on sales taxable transactions than a middle class family of four.
Let's get those SOB's to pay their federal fair share through a National Sales Tax as well.
I'd love a regressive tax system in this country, bring it on.

This was my backup argument in case he had something to say about Florida's lack of income tax. Much like tolls and flat fees on literally anything, sales taxes will generally mostly impact any category of people who spend higher percentages on the taxable goods relative to income.

Seems like that would also bring the average total in taxes on car sales (cities and counties can add taxes of their own) up to an average of nearly 10% factoring in the 2% increase. Nice. That's sure to give people a hand up.

When are Liberals going to start comprehending how numbers work?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 18th, 2021 at 5:42:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Is Brandon really going to fire Heels Up Harris?
This has to be a false internet rumor.

That has always been the plan, to use her race and gender to make the ticket look better then get rid of her dumbass as soon as possible. I'm convinced that she's known this from the start, she never talks about being president possibly. She never talks about anything important. She knows she's only there as a stopgap until they get the real person they want to be the next president. They can't fire her, but they can get her to resign. Easily.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2021 at 5:58:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I have no opinion on Murkowski, don't know much about her.
I am a big Joe Manchin fan & you know who else is starting to make sense on the Left: Bill Maher

Bill Maher has always pissed off a lot of liberals with some of his views. I’m not sure he classified as a total leftie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 18th, 2021 at 6:06:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
This was my backup argument in case he had something to say about Florida's lack of income tax. Much like tolls and flat fees on literally anything, sales taxes will generally mostly impact any category of people who spend higher percentages on the taxable goods relative to income.

Seems like that would also bring the average total in taxes on car sales (cities and counties can add taxes of their own) up to an average of nearly 10% factoring in the 2% increase. Nice. That's sure to give people a hand up.

When are Liberals going to start comprehending how numbers work?

Is there some reason sales taxes have to be the same across the board for all things? Food should have a low sales tax. Yachts should have a high sales tax.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2021 at 6:30:36 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Is there some reason sales taxes have to be the same across the board for all things? Food should have a low sales tax. Yachts should have a high sales tax.

Food should have no sales tax.

Federally, there used to be a luxury tax on certain items, such as yachts…but that was (interestingly enough) signed into law by the first Bush and removed by Clinton. A tax on luxury automobiles would remain for about another decade, but it’s also gone. I’d like to think it may have been eventually found Unconstitutional, but it does make you wonder if they could institute it for interstate transactions.

I guess a few states have a luxury tax on really expensive homes, so it’s something you could do. Some states impose a tax on certain clothing items, but not others, which is often based on the price of the item.

You’ve got to be careful, though, as items to be taxed at a higher rate as luxury might change consumer habits to enough of an extent that you’d have been better off just to collect the base sales tax that you would have had in the first place. It also kind of picks winners and losers when it comes to certain types of companies. Some businesses only deal in luxury goods.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 18th, 2021 at 7:32:09 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Elections have consequences!

They sure do

Let's go Brandon
November 18th, 2021 at 7:38:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
They sure do

Only idiots believe higher prices are due to Biden
Do you have any solution or do you just complain
This is capitalism
Supply and demand
I'm ok with it
It is what it is
Want Biden to tuck you in at night
Want the govt to institute price controls?
I certainly dont
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2021 at 11:42:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
People in my neck of the woods go to some mall in Pennsylvania 80 miles away to shop because I think the goods are tax free there. That’s business that NY State loses.

Millceeek Mall. The only mall in the world designed to look like a pistol!
The President is a fink.
January 2nd, 2023 at 1:14:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
There was supposed to be two more choices, but the Return button got pushed too quickly. I don't think he makes 1/31/23, so maybe the two choices above are enough anyway.

Just under a month left till another one of jcw’s stupid predictions bites the dust!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 6 of 6« First<3456