Supreme Court

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
June 21st, 2022 at 11:36:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
New Court decision says government money can be given to private schools who keep people out who they don't like.

Like Harvard keeping Asians out in favor of less qualified blacks?
The President is a fink.
June 21st, 2022 at 12:23:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Like Harvard keeping Asians out in favor of less qualified blacks?

I’ve never pretended that meritocracy is the only important consideration. For instance, I’m fine with someone handicapped being given a job, that someone not handicapped might be better at. As long as it is safe for everyone involved.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2022 at 12:46:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
I’ve never pretended that meritocracy is the only important consideration. For instance, I’m fine with someone handicapped being given a job, that someone not handicapped might be better at. As long as it is safe for everyone involved.

Some people might call a stance like that bigoted. Lumping blacks in with handicapped persons.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 21st, 2022 at 12:53:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Some people might call a stance like that bigoted. Lumping blacks in with handicapped persons.

A bigoted person might jump to that conclusion.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2022 at 12:53:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

Only desperate people trying to make a dumb false equivalence would do such a thing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2022 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Only desperate people trying to make a dumb false equivalence would do such a thing.

Yup, as it happened to be a perfect example of people we sometimes give jobs to, who may not be as qualified as people available for the job,
July 16th, 2022 at 7:36:52 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: missedhervee
Fracking.

It would be a mistake to blame fracking on President Trump. Coal peaked for electrical production in 2007 near the end of the GW Bush administration, so natural gas production increased by over 50% in the eight years of the Obama administration.

Natural gas produces half the carbon dioxide emissions of coal, and it is very often the least expensive fuel for building new electrical generation plants. Natural gas is by far the most common way to generate electricity today with nuclear, coal, and renewables(*) in a three way tie for second place

renewables(*) : I am including conventional hydroelectric power with renewables. Californians have been battling hydroelectric for roughly 50 years, and it is not considered a renewable under current state law.
Page 6 of 6« First<3456