Top U.S. Catholic Church official resigns after cellphone data used to track him on Grindr

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
July 25th, 2021 at 1:44:26 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Gandler
I can't read the OP link because it's behind a paywall, but what I found in another news story which must be the same individual, is that he "resigned" after data collection by the Church showed he was on Gridnr and GPS trackers on his phone showed him to go to LGBTQ bars late at night.

The only thing "disturbing" that I see is how much the Church tracks its clergy in their personal time.... If he had any normal job nothing about this would not be an issue, let alone an intentional news story....

I did find it amusing that the story was first broken by a Catholic Newsletter group that had promised 'investigative journalism.'

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/pillar-investigates-usccb-gen-sec ...

So... "general secretary of the U.S. bishops’ conference... engaged in serial sexual misconduct, while he held a critical oversight role in the Catholic Church’s response to the recent spate of sexual abuse and misconduct scandals."

Hmmmm. Tricky. Who defined 'sexual misconduct', 'misconduct scandals'? I wonder if the guy was outed because someone else had a different definition. And the ones that investigated him were as pure as the driven snow.
July 25th, 2021 at 1:51:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yeah, nobody should really care whether a priest enjoys performing fellatio, or whether a nun enjoys performing cunnilingus.

No, the problem is when priests molest children.

Let them have a gay old time, just keep it private and leave the kids alone.
July 25th, 2021 at 2:15:15 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: missedhervee
Yeah, nobody should really care whether a priest enjoys performing fellatio, or whether a nun enjoys performing cunnilingus.

No, the problem is when priests molest children.

Let them have a gay old time, just keep it private and leave the kids alone.
This thread will run and run and bring out the worst in some of us.....

The guy has not been accused of child abuse. Ergo there is no reason to raise that topic.

What we have is a church that defines, espouses and even tries to impose morality and then behaves quite contrary to it's rules. Heck, is that not true of all sorts of 'leaders'

If anything about this is 'wrong' it's that the hypocrites ever had any standing in society... and I didn't say 'gay hypocrites'

I don't do religion, but the UK 'Anglican church' is struggling with homosexuality and many of it's clergy are openly gay and even openly gay married. BUT

"In England and Wales, civil partnerships are permitted for clergy. "Neither the Church in Wales nor the Church of England are opposed to clergy being in civil partnerships. The Church of England requests that clergy in civil partnerships vow to remain sexually chaste*, but the Church in Wales has no such restriction."[23] The Church of England has allowed priests to enter into same-sex civil partnerships since 2005.

*LMAO at that suggestion.
Don't ask: Don't tell: Don't get on the front page.
July 25th, 2021 at 4:29:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Am I the only one that sees the problem in that sentence?

yes, pretty much.

Quote:
What shall we have next?

The problem of gays...
The problem of priests...
The problem of blacks...
The problem of women...
The problem of poor people...
The problem of Muslims...
The problem of Jews...
The problem of Christians...
The problem of atheists...
The problem of liberals...
The problem of conservatives...
The problem of [insert any group that you think needs to be extinguished]

Well, if you find any of those groups molesting young boys like the gay priests did then start a thread on them.

Quote:
I assert that there is no inherent 'problem with gay priests'. Oh there has always been a tendency for somewhat more gay men to join the catholic church and there has often been abuse perpetrated by that grouping. I'm not denying that.

But being a gay priest does not slot them all into the 'gay priest child abuser' category any more that being born male slots a person into the 'wife abusing rapist' category

A gay is free to be a priest, no code against it. But all priests must take a vow of chastity. If it were straight priests molesting young girls it would be the same kind of problem. But it isn't. It is gay priests abusing youth males.

The "problem" is you seem to dislike someone mentioning it is gays doing it. See, you are being part of the group of people that think gay males can do no wrong. The abuse shows not only that they can but they do. You deny that there are many gay males who desire to turn out youth males. Instead of worshiping at church with church rules you are worshiping at the altar of PC following PC rules.

We have no idea how many young males get abused because of PC. I see reality.

Save me the bullcrap about "guys that go for youth males are not really gay." Be intellectually honest here. We are not talking about a random gay priest at a random parish. We are talking about a deep problem that may never be cleaned up. We are also seeing the reason gays were excluded from so many things like BSA, Freemasons, etc. in the first place. Because this kind of thing happens.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 6:09:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
The gay part is not even the issue.

If you’re going sign up for an organization that has specific expectations of you and you go against them, you can’t be surprised if it gets you in trouble.

Same with a priest having liaisons with women.

If you want to go in and actively protest against certain restrictions, I think that’s fine. It also has nothing to do with whether the Catholics have some dumb requirements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2021 at 7:25:08 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
yes, pretty much.

Well, if you find any of those groups molesting young boys like the gay priests did then start a thread on them....
A gay is free to be a priest, no code against it. But all priests must take a vow of chastity. If it were straight priests molesting young girls it would be the same kind of problem. But it isn't. It is gay priests abusing youth males.

The "problem" is you seem to dislike someone mentioning it is gays doing it. See, you are being part of the group of people that think gay males can do no wrong. The abuse shows not only that they can but they do. You deny that there are many gay males who desire to turn out youth males. Instead of worshiping at church with church rules you are worshiping at the altar of PC following PC rules.

We have no idea how many young males get abused because of PC. I see reality.

Save me the bullcrap about "guys that go for youth males are not really gay." Be intellectually honest here. We are not talking about a random gay priest at a random parish. We are talking about a deep problem that may never be cleaned up. We are also seeing the reason gays were excluded from so many things like BSA, Freemasons, etc. in the first place. Because this kind of thing happens.

For a start. Who has said or implied that this Monsignor is a kiddy fiddler?

He seems to have been an active gay, against the rules of his church. Since I'm not a member of his church, I have no interest or opinion on those rules being broken. Affects me not one iota.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about a subsection of society. a deplorable one of Gay Males that might be priests and pray on young boys. No problem with Male Freemasons breaking whatever laws they do, or heterosexual rapists and murderers ( Oh I guess you think they are all black or liberal? )

I have no idea how many young males get abused by gays, nor how many young girls or boys are abused by adults of whatever sex.
To listen to you, I'd get the impression that Many/most/all gay men are pedophiles. Maybe you'd care to remind us if that is your true opinion?
July 25th, 2021 at 8:32:33 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
For a start. Who has said or implied that this Monsignor is a kiddy fiddler?

He seems to have been an active gay, against the rules of his church. Since I'm not a member of his church, I have no interest or opinion on those rules being broken. Affects me not one iota.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about a subsection of society. a deplorable one of Gay Males that might be priests and pray on young boys. No problem with Male Freemasons breaking whatever laws they do, or heterosexual rapists and murderers ( Oh I guess you think they are all black or liberal? )

I have no idea how many young males get abused by gays, nor how many young girls or boys are abused by adults of whatever sex.
To listen to you, I'd get the impression that Many/most/all gay men are pedophiles. Maybe you'd care to remind us if that is your true opinion?

No, he is not, not even adult gay sex, his only "crimes" are that the Chuch monitored his phone and discovered that he used dating apps (including a LQBTQ focused one), and his GPS indicated late entry into LQBTQ bars. It is not even confirmed that he had any kind of sex ever in his life..... The only allegations are by the Church of using his phone improperly and being where he should not be or whatever they call it in Canon Law...

But, yeah you are arguing with somebody who thinks when gay priests abuse children they are homosexual, but when straight priests abuse children they are not straight. Its inverse reasoning.....
July 25th, 2021 at 9:40:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman

"A bee in my bonnet" about gay males that prey on young boys? In your world, should I just brush that off?

Quote:

Yet again.

Age 13+ are not "boys" they are "youths." Not quite a grown man, not at all a child. Please get your mind right that they are not the same thing. Not mentally, not physically.

So you are asking if I think gay males chase after this group? I think they do in greater numbers than straight men will chase females of this age group. I think it is a little game to many of them, see if they can turn out youth males. The government used to even have PSA warnings about it, I posted the video once here but some snowflakes melted over it. I think it is a common sense thing we used to do to prevent it but modern PC is making people forget common sense. I think a straight male inserting himself into a group of females age 13-18 is a huge problem and I think a gay male doing it with youth males the same age is a problem.

You seem to have a bee up your bonnet that gay males around youth males need to be watched same as a straight male around teenage females. Why?
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 9:42:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman

But, yeah you are arguing with somebody who thinks when gay priests abuse children they are homosexual, but when straight priests abuse children they are not straight. Its inverse reasoning.....

Straight priests do not sexually abuse youth males. If they did they would not be straight. By definition a male going for other males is homosexual. Get it?
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 9:47:32 AM permalink
OnceDear
No, he is not, not even adult gay sex, his only "crimes" are that the Chuch monitored his phone and discovered that he used dating apps (including a LQBTQ focused one), and his GPS indicated late entry into LQBTQ bars. It is not even confirmed that he had any kind of sex ever in his life..... The only allegations are by the Church of using his phone improperly and being where he should not be or whatever they call it in Canon Law...

The church did not monitor his phone. Some whack job hit squad from a Catholic newsletter bought the data of his activity and carefully reassembled, colated and cross referenced it to 'out' him.

Shame on all of them.

As to AXD. I don't value his opinions enough to argue with him. But I'm happy to help him out himself for whatever he is. Yeah, and ready to watch as he does likewise to me.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »