Reopening fiasco?

July 11th, 2021 at 2:56:53 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: OnceDear
Well, it was from the CDC, during a Whitehouse video briefing, so Yeah. You be suspicious.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=99.5%25+of+Covid+deaths+were+unvaccinated&ia=web

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/07/01/995-of-people-killed-by-covid-in-last-6-months-were-unvaccinated-data-suggests/?sh=33e424a1493d

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/07/08/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-44/

"But the sad reality is that, despite our progress, we’re still losing people to this virus — which is especially tragic given, at this point, it is unnecessary and preventable. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths in the United States are now occurring among unvaccinated individuals. And to be clear, there will likely continue to be an increase in cases among unvaccinated Americans and in communities with low vaccination rates, particularly given the spread of the more transmissible Delta variant. "

Just for the record, when I see stats like 99.5% blah blah blah, I doubt them too, as being rhetoric or political. This is the kind of stat I'd have scoffed at if it came from either political persuasion. Also, it does not fit the UK stats very well.

Nonetheless, there is plenty of evidence that the vaccines ARE massively reducing hospitalisations and deaths, whichever side of the pond.
July 11th, 2021 at 3:03:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Well, it was from the CDC, during a Whitehouse video briefing, so Yeah. You be suspicious.

When the government gives a number that exactly shows their position, yes be suspicious.

Why do you so trust government and what they say when their history is so awful?
The President is a fink.
July 11th, 2021 at 3:22:01 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
When the government gives a number that exactly shows their position, yes be suspicious.

Why do you so trust government and what they say when their history is so awful?
Yours... I don't trust at all. I found the source for that quote, but I doubt it's validity, just because it's such a high percentage, with no underlying data given..

The UK's government, I trust to a limited extent.

And it's not about political affiliation with me.
July 11th, 2021 at 3:30:34 AM permalink
OnceDear
Yours... I don't trust at all. I found the source for that quote, but I doubt it's validity, just because it's such a high percentage, with no underlying data given..

The UK's government, I trust to a limited extent. I trust the BBC massively.

I worked for decades publishing big company statistics for board members and regulators. I KNOW how stats can be massaged and usually are.
July 11th, 2021 at 4:25:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The UK's government, I trust to a limited extent.

No government should be trusted.
The President is a fink.
July 11th, 2021 at 6:20:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=99.5%25+of+Covid+deaths+were+unvaccinated&ia=web

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/07/01/995-of-people-killed-by-covid-in-last-6-months-were-unvaccinated-data-suggests/?sh=33e424a1493d

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/07/08/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-44/

"But the sad reality is that, despite our progress, we’re still losing people to this virus — which is especially tragic given, at this point, it is unnecessary and preventable. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths in the United States are now occurring among unvaccinated individuals. And to be clear, there will likely continue to be an increase in cases among unvaccinated Americans and in communities with low vaccination rates, particularly given the spread of the more transmissible Delta variant. "

The vast majority of deaths are among the vaccinated. From CDC "The total number of individuals who died after contracting Covid-19 despite vaccination is 750." So the number is low, is that virtually 0?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 11th, 2021 at 9:23:36 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: kenarman
The vast majority of deaths are among the vaccinated.
????
Quote:
From CDC "The total number of individuals who died after contracting Covid-19 despite vaccination is 750." So the number is low, is that virtually 0?

"The vaccines aren’t 100% effective, even against severe disease. Very small percentage of the 600,000 deaths.”

"Breakthrough cases are Covid-19 infections that bypass vaccine protection. They are very rare and many are asymptomatic. The vaccines are highly effective but don’t block every infection"
July 11th, 2021 at 9:25:14 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: kenarman
The vast majority of deaths are among the vaccinated.
????
Quote:
From CDC "The total number of individuals who died after contracting Covid-19 despite vaccination is 750." So the number is low, is that virtually 0?

750 is indeed virtually 0 in the context of 600,000

"The vaccines aren’t 100% effective, even against severe disease. Very small percentage of the 600,000 deaths.”

"Breakthrough cases are Covid-19 infections that bypass vaccine protection. They are very rare and many are asymptomatic. The vaccines are highly effective but don’t block every infection"
July 11th, 2021 at 12:03:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I worked for decades publishing big company statistics for board members and regulators. I KNOW how stats can be massaged and usually are.

One of the best books ever written:

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 11th, 2021 at 12:10:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
'There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.' Mark Twain

Meaning statistics are often the worst lies of all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.