Will we see an empire in the next few decades?

Page 3 of 3<123
Poll
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)
1 vote (25%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

March 20th, 2021 at 12:46:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I really wish I had understood the fed like I do not at a much younger age. Well into adulthood I could not grasp where money comes from, though I knew something was up. I doubt more than 1/10 of the population is thinking more than "MORE FREE MONEY!" at this latest bill. So many otherwise smart people, genus level people, do not grasp what is going on.

Yes, very true but as one who likes free money and doesn't expect to live long it really shouldn't hurt me. Hopefully we raised the future generations to be smarter than us and figure it out.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 20th, 2021 at 12:47:46 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I really wish I had understood the fed like I do not at a much younger age. Well into adulthood I could not grasp where money comes from, though I knew something was up. I doubt more than 1/10 of the population is thinking more than "MORE FREE MONEY!" at this latest bill. So many otherwise smart people, genus level people, do not grasp what is going on.

Species-level people, even.

(Typo joke)

I'll see myself out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 20th, 2021 at 12:49:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Yes, very true but as one who likes free money and doesn't expect to live long it really shouldn't hurt me. Hopefully we raised the future generations to be smarter than us and figure it out.

I calculate I have about 20 years left. Hopefully the spin meisters keep all the plates spinning that long. We are becoming Japan and the EU is just a few years behind us. When it all crashes you are probably looking at 100 years of misery.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 3<123