Have you heard The News???

Page 1 of 3123>
January 22nd, 2021 at 2:27:14 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Due to the pandemic, Jehovah’s Witnesses are visiting neighbors via mail.

I got this today:

Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
January 23rd, 2021 at 4:08:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You wouldn't have a return address you could PM me, would you?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 23rd, 2021 at 4:20:40 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
As you can probably tell, I masked her name, email and cell phone number. I’m not going to provide that info, nor her address, which WAS on the envelope.

For the record, the address is about 1 mile from my house.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
January 23rd, 2021 at 4:36:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DJTeddyBear
As you can probably tell, I masked her name, email and cell phone number. I’m not going to provide that info, nor her address, which WAS on the envelope.

I'd rather get junk mail then a visit
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2021 at 7:31:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Oh, come on. I just want to write her a letter or fifty spreading the good word of Agnosticism.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 23rd, 2021 at 5:17:08 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Reply and tell the person God speaks to you all the time and one of his big things is to not trust left-handed people, who are of the Devil.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 23rd, 2021 at 7:55:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
You wouldn't have a return address you could PM me, would you?

Notice it's not written in cursif, it's hand
printed. They haven't taught cursif in
school for years, modern kids can't
even read it. This would be a mystery
to them.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:02:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I respect those denominations that are out there acting on their belief in such a manner. If you knew somebody was going to an eternal hell, wouldn't you try to do something to prevent that?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:19:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard
I respect those denominations that are out there acting on their belief in such a manner. If you knew somebody was going to an eternal hell, wouldn't you try to do something to prevent that?

I dont respect it and suspect it's more recruitment to grow that denomination then to save somebody

True story
I was at london bridge last week just wandering around.
I came across public park benches
On these benches were small piles of stones with written inscriptions. Some were simple like "saved" . Some contained lines of scripture in small beautiful hand writing. They were beautiful and I could see these in a gift shop but instead were on a park bench for free. I look over and I see a lady taking stones out of a bag. So I spoke to her. This is her unique and special way of simply spreading the Good News.
I really love this.
I have pictures of the stones on my facebook page. Also have a pic of the lady. She gave me permission to take her pic.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 24th, 2021 at 5:38:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Notice it's not written in cursif, it's hand
printed. They haven't taught cursif in
school for years, modern kids can't
even read it. This would be a mystery
to them.

You wouldn't be able to read mine. They probably haven't taught it because it's a useless ability, unless you're a doctor or medical professional.
Page 1 of 3123>