What happened to all the Moderators?

Page 2 of 2<12
October 15th, 2020 at 3:09:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
This is the same format as the old WOV. I actually prefer it.

But, I am sure there are easy ways to restrict and require certain "attributes" before posting without any kind of major overhaul.

Yes, it is the same. At the time all they did was change some CSS, the header, and topics. To require said attributes is quite a bit more coding. It would require major overhaul. You are talking the difference between changing the oil and rebuilding the engine.

Quote:
However, I think your "one every few months" assertion is not accurate. Its hard to tabulate as they are eventually deleted, but I think at least one a week is a fair, conservative, offhand average (some weeks I see multiple).

I only see a spam attack a few times a year. And the current fuses seem to work.
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2020 at 6:30:20 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I have never made a dime off this site. The two ads at the top I gave away for free. Neither has produced a single client, as far as I know, so have no bargaining power to ask for anything. If anyone here want to buy one of the two spots, please let me know.

That said, I'm in no mood to throw more money into this site. I don't see any major flaws anyway.

As to spam posts, I rarely see them here. It is a much bigger problem at WoV, where there are more safeguards against them.

As to the lack of admins, everyone besides OD and I had some reason for leaving or being demoted. If anyone wants to apply to be a admin, by all means, please do. Just send me a PM. There are also some secret admins you guys don't know about.

All things considered, I think this forum is pretty well behaved. I think two active admins policing it is sufficient.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 2<12