Collecting waste paper

Page 4 of 4<1234
November 10th, 2015 at 3:37:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Actually I underestimated the amount. The price list will be used whole for two other big contracts, and it will serve as basis for at least three more. So all in all the error would have amounted to just over $2 million.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 17th, 2017 at 8:10:40 PM permalink
Nareed
I know I say this a lot, but it seems each year the workload gets worse.

This week we have two problems:

1) We have about 7 projects going on at once, to be delivered or uploaded on the 17th, 21st and 22nd.
2) March 20th is a holiday, and you won't get anyone at the office to actually work that day.

So, long story short (like three more projects cropped up in the meantime, but for later), I've arrived each day this week around 8 am and have left at:

Monday 12:15 am
Tuesday 9:50 pm
Wednesday 12:30 am
Thursday 12:15 am.

Today, I estimate no earlier than 12, and possibly much later.

I intend to spend all of Saturday in bed.
March 22nd, 2017 at 8:36:22 AM permalink
Nareed
This client debuted a web-based platform for presenting proposals.

During the preliminaries, like the questions meetings, it allowed only one file to be uploaded. Given that a proposal runs like two 5" binders full of waste paper, we were concerned about this. At questions we were told there'd be no limit to file numbers, as long as each was under 100MB.

Well and good. Comes time to upload the papers' (scanned, naturally), and indeed we can upload as many as we please. Fine.

But I didn't notice you first had to upload one file, any file, in a heading-type position.

So after uploading around 35 files, we attempt to send the proposal, and we're told the section with these files is taken as an after-thought, with the heading-type being THE proposal

<sigh>

At least when inputting manually all 153 prices, it totaled them up and their number matched ours.

For the record, yes, there was a tutorial available. I wasted 3 hours over a weekend going over it, both video and text online. The system is highly customizable, so the tutorial sections all boiled down to "...and however the customer sets it up." You wound up learning to read the screen and follow directions <shrug>.
Page 4 of 4<1234