The Debates

September 30th, 2020 at 5:02:04 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I’m surprised at the comments saying Biden did better than expected. I was rooting for Biden, but he looked completely confused and could barely make out a coherent thought. I think it was more due to the absurd behavior from Trump rather than Biden’s mental health, but he should have been prepared for that.

Case in point how ill-prepared he was, the topic of who would be the “law and order” president was discussed for a solid 20 minutes, yet Biden failed to bring up the 7 criminal indictments against members of the Trump administration. This is the lowest of low hanging fruit.

With as awful as a human being Trump is, any skilled politician should be able to mop the floor with him in the debates. But the democrats refuse to put up anyone capable.
September 30th, 2020 at 5:16:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
For me the biggest missed opportunity for Biden was when Donny lied that there have been no problems stemming from his resumed rallies in the era of COVID.

Biden should have interjected - "HERMAN CAIN DISAGREES"
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2020 at 5:44:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
When I'm indoors except my place
I wear a mask
Its for me, its for people working the place. Its the rules
The Trump family were inside a building and the rule is to keep your mask on
Everybody in the Trump family broke the buildings rules and took off their masks
Disgusting
Even the family cant follow simple rules
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2020 at 5:57:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Trump should have interrupted more,
all the lies and media myths Biden
was spewing.

And telling the president
to shut his mouth and calling him
a clown twice? You just don't do
that, made Joe look like a moron.

Bob.... your first point.... THEN HIS TEAM SHOULD NOT HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS!!!!!! He made a deal to participate in a debate with certain rules, and HE did not follow the rules! Whether Biden was lying is NOT relevant to Trump's behavior!

Joe followed Trump into the gutter a few times, as you have pointed out. It wasn't a good look for him, but on the 'bad behavior scale', trailed Trump by a wide margin.

As far as your many points about the bad policies Biden proposes, and the worse ones the rest of the Democrats are for..... I agree with you.... So nothing has changed.... the country gets to choose between the rude buffoon (Trump) or the regular politician whose policies would be devastating to the country.
September 30th, 2020 at 6:09:52 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
or the regular politician whose policies would be devastating to the country.

What a bunch of garbage. You have really lost it.
If Biden wins, I expect him to govern as Obama did. Obama was not devastating to the country.
I am surprised the BS you push such as Biden is senile. You are a real Trumper echoing the lies. It's the hard core Trumpers that push the "devastating" BS. Now you are pushing this BS. Do you think me or your sons are for anything that would be devastating to this country. We are the loyal opposition. Stop the BS of treating us as the enemy that would devastate this country.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2020 at 6:10:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined
Quote: ams288
This is my only prediction:

Donny: *sniffle*

I’ll be the first to admit: I was wrong!

Didn’t notice any sniffles!

That’s about the best thing that can be said about Donny’s performance...

OMG
Wallace had to stop the debate and tell Trump his side agreed to the rules and therefore he must follow the rules

Trump is not good at following the rules.

Understatement. Trump is the rudest man I have seen in... ever?

I think Biden ‘won’ the debate, in that he looked energetic, and did not shit the bed. But it is hard to imagine a vote was changed.

What debate?

I’d be embarrassed to be planning to vote for either of them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 6:10:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Bob.... your first point.... THEN HIS TEAM SHOULD NOT HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS!!!!!! He made a deal to participate in a debate with certain rules, and HE did not follow the rules! Whether Biden was lying is NOT relevant to Trump's behavior!

Joe followed Trump into the gutter a few times, as you have pointed out. It wasn't a good look for him, but on the 'bad behavior scale', trailed Trump by a wide margin.

As far as your many points about the bad policies Biden proposes, and the worse ones the rest of the Democrats are for..... I agree with you.... So nothing has changed.... the country gets to choose between the rude buffoon (Trump) or the regular politician whose policies would be devastating to the country.

I will take the rude buffoon. The salesman who closes is better than the one who dresses out of GQ but sells nothing.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 6:13:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Tripdufan
“Stand down and stand by”

Disgraceful.

What, did you think Trump was going to alienate the White Supremacists? Without putting a number on it, they have to represent some percentage of his voters.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 6:16:02 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
Quote: Gandler
This is my only prediction:

Donny: *sniffle*

I’ll be the first to admit: I was wrong!

Didn’t notice any sniffles!

That’s about the best thing that can be said about Donny’s performance...

OMG
Wallace had to stop the debate and tell Trump his side agreed to the rules and therefore he must follow the rules

Trump is not good at following the rules.

Understatement. Trump is the rudest man I have seen in... ever?

I think Biden ‘won’ the debate, in that he looked energetic, and did not shit the bed. But it is hard to imagine a vote was changed.

What debate?

I’d be embarrassed to be planning to vote for either of them.

Really??????
Embarrassed??????
I'm taken aback how easily you get embarrassed
Myself, not even close to being embarrassed for voting for Biden. Embarrassed doesn't even enter my mind when I vote
September 30th, 2020 at 6:24:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Really??????
Embarrassed??????
I'm taken aback how easily you get embarrassed
Myself, not even close to being embarrassed for voting for Biden. Embarrassed doesn't even enter my mind when I vote

Well, Biden was better than Trump last night...not that it’s a high bar. I don’t tend to be a huge fan of speaking in platitudes or ducking questions, and he did both. I heard little to nothing of any real plan for anything.

But, I do tend to assume that Biden would mainly be a figurehead POTUS and mostly leave the day-to-day to others, so that’s largely fine.

Calling Trump, “The worst President ever,” was pretty ridiculous. I’ll grant that it’s technically a matter of opinion, but I’ll be darned if you couldn’t name at least ten who are arguably worse...and a couple who were much worse. I mean, homeboy either wants to take the, “Presidential,” high ground or he doesn’t...seemed like he was trying to have it both ways.

I’d have just stood there and let Trump make an ass of himself, personally. For those who don’t like him, let him put all the reasons why on display unchallenged.