The Debates

September 30th, 2020 at 3:05:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
Can white people state they have "white pride" without any blowback?

Sure
I have a combination of prides
White Irish America pride
Chinese pride
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2020 at 3:09:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
"Google searches for ‘move to Canada’ spike after presidential debate"

Same thing happened in 2016.

Yawn
I move every week:-)
Moving to TX tomorrow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2020 at 3:12:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/kyle-rittenhouse-sue-biden-over-white-supremacists-campaign-ad
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 30th, 2020 at 3:20:52 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
You did because "white pride" and "white supremacy" are often used inter-changably." OTOH, "Black Pride" is somehow a noble thing?

Consider this. The "Black Pride" salute is a clenched fist held fairly straight up. It got two athletes (rightly) stripped of Olympic medals once. Now consider a salute with a hand open and an arm nearly straight up. Really, they both mean the same thing. But one is considered acceptable among at least part of society and the other is a hate sign. Why? They are both saying the same thing in the end.

I didn't say anything is noble. For my part, I don't really understand having any sense of ethnic-based, "Pride," regardless of one's ethnicity. Family heritage pride I could maybe understand...even though I don't personally have any of that, either.

Similarly, I don't understand the concept of, "Gay pride," to any extent greater than it's desirable just to have some measure of self-pride, in general. Imagine how ridiculous it would sound if I said I have, "Straight pride." I'm not proud that I'm straight...it's just something that I happen to be.

With all of that said, I don't think the opposite of pride should be the case, either---which is to say that people should not be shamed for being who they are or treated as if they are less than some other group for one reason or another, whether it be ethnicity or sexual orientation. Therein lies the problem. If you didn't have people who mistreat others, or who have historically mistreated others, then you wouldn't have the, "Others," pushing it back the other way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 3:27:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Oprah is a racist herself. If pride in one's race is wrong for one it is wrong for all.

Your points are ridiculous.

For instance when women got the right to vote and elevated their status, they rightfully may want to celebrate the event which could easily be called "a pride" event. Some men who see them celebrating a liberating event don't even get the point when they ask why they don't get to have their day too.

European men moving across the world can celebrate conquering many other civilizations. Or something like that. That's your pride event, I guess.

Being jealous because gblt or blacks are celebrating some previously gained rights is just sad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2020 at 3:30:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It is easy to come up with a great reply with 20 hours to consider it. I would just prefer the media knock it off.

Denouncing the concept of White Supremacy is easy with two milliseconds of consideration time, if it's something that it naturally occurs to a person to do.

Quote:
Such a group does exist. It is BLM. Want proof? Note their reaction if you suggest "all lives matter." Do not do this in person without a good means of escape as they may well get violent. As to the later, only way to get people to stop talking about race it to quit making it profitable.

I'll say whatever I want to say wherever I want to say it. Because all lives are equal, either all lives matter or no lives matter, but it's definitely one of those two things. If someone disputes that all people should be regarded equally, then that person is the one with the problem, not me. I believe the ultimate intent of BLM (as a whole) is equal treatment for all, but I could be wrong.

I see no need to identify or associate with BLM, personally, because I usually don't involve myself with political groups. More than that, I've personally advocated for equal treatment under the law for all my whole life...so they're not pushing for anything that's a new concept to me.

Quote:
RICO was made because of it being hard to prosecute individuals who commit crimes as a group. The crimes of BLM might indeed fit the definition.

That's Unconstitutional. An individual either commits a crime and, therefore, forfeits his rights to be secure in his person and property or he does not. People should not be punished for mere association.

Quote:
He can claim that all he wants but when you say "I AM BLM" you no longer get to pick and choose. If he unconditionally supports BLM like that then he supported the BLM members who harassed that couple in the restaurant. He has had many chances to retract but has not done so. He could have said he was duped and the group was not what he thought it was. I do not really care as it is his life.

That's not true at all. It's a ridiculous argument for a few reasons:

1. My statement provides conditions. Those conditions are I don't think he supports looting, rioting or violence...so he can support the group without supporting individuals in the group who have done those things--whether real or hypothetical.

2. If you say, "I am Conservative," does that automatically mean you support every single thing every single Conservative in the entire country has ever done?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 3:41:48 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: aceofspades
Apparently, you have me blocked from Private Messages (unless you just shut them off entirely)
I turned them off. The libbies get pissed because I blocked them and can't see their posts, so I wanted to avoid harassment from them via PM. It must infuriate them even more knowing that they see all of my posts, but I see none of theirs. 😂😂

Someone tell him that there is no pee tape of me either as I find that idea as disgusting as Trump finds it. Maybe that gets him to move on?
Yeah, it's so creepy what this dude is obsessed with. He always talks about pee tapes and he even talked about drinking piss too. *shudder
September 30th, 2020 at 3:44:52 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
The real question is why not call out "Black Supremacy" or "Latino Supremacy" or any other "pride" movement as well?
+100

I have never seen or heard a libbie anywhere (including here) disavow Black supremacy, Latino Supremacy, or Gay Supremacy, which is quite telling. I hope they will prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath. 🙄
September 30th, 2020 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I didn't say anything is noble. For my part, I don't really understand having any sense of ethnic-based, "Pride," regardless of one's ethnicity. Family heritage pride I could maybe understand...even though I don't personally have any of that, either.

I get the concept. Perhaps because I am a little older than you and grew up seeing the last remains of a time when neighborhoods had a dominant ethnicity. That part of town was polish, the other part german. We still have one of the densest Jewish areas outside of Israel here. The Catholics joined the Knights of Columbus so it was full of Italians. It is just how it was, so when the same group is in the same school and same churches they get that ethnic pride. How many arenas did Bruno Sammartino sell out because the Italians came to watch him win?

This started weakening by the 1980s as "new" suburbs mixed thing up as well as intermarriage between certain groups. You were in a minority if you were not some Irish-German mix where I grew up, but Italians of full blood remained common. My Irish blood and name got me a few tips when I was a paperboy. I will root for Notre Dame if they are playing.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 4:02:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Denouncing the concept of White Supremacy is easy with two milliseconds of consideration time, if it's something that it naturally occurs to a person to do.

Denouncing is easy. Saying it in such a way as to tell the moderator they are being an idiot for asking is harder.

Quote:
I'll say whatever I want to say wherever I want to say it. Because all lives are equal, either all lives matter or no lives matter, but it's definitely one of those two things. If someone disputes that all people should be regarded equally, then that person is the one with the problem, not me. I believe the ultimate intent of BLM (as a whole) is equal treatment for all, but I could be wrong.

I see no need to identify or associate with BLM, personally, because I usually don't involve myself with political groups. More than that, I've personally advocated for equal treatment under the law for all my whole life...so they're not pushing for anything that's a new concept to me.

I agree say what you want. I am saying be very careful where and when you say it as they have a history of violence towards saying All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter.

Quote:
That's Unconstitutional. An individual either commits a crime and, therefore, forfeits his rights to be secure in his person and property or he does not. People should not be punished for mere association.

Bruce Cuttler tried to argue the same thing. The problem is when you use a group for intimidation. Just a few might be the main agitators but they are powerless with that group behind them. Say 1-2 people stop in a small shop and ask for a donation to BLM. When the owner says "no" they allude that everyone in the neighborhood is donating and it would be a good thing. Owner still says no. Next day there is a BLM march and a few random people throw a brick thru the window while the rest chant slogans an bother the customers. The whole group is causing the problem, even if the leaders do not throw the brick.

Without RICO the mafia would still have their control.

Quote:

2. If you say, "I am Conservative," does that automatically mean you support every single thing every single Conservative in the entire country has ever done?

Not a valid comparison.
The President is a fink.