RV life with Terapined

October 1st, 2020 at 1:02:54 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Got view of some wind farms ... things are huge. a few not working, maybe 5 to 10%. Weird. Actually surprised how humongous they are.

After promising carees in repairing the, them the owners switched to robots. wind is varable and massve battery banks are needed
October 1st, 2020 at 2:12:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
On may way to Amarillo. Got view of some wind farms as I am going down the highway. Those things are huge. Actually saw a few not working, maybe 5 to 10%. Weird. Some are pretty close to the highway. Actually surprised how humongous they are.

I hope you try the 72oz steak challenge at the Big Texan in Amarillo.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 1st, 2020 at 3:15:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I hope you try the 72oz steak challenge at the Big Texan in Amarillo.

You gotta be kidding me
I did pass right by it, just off the highway
I actually watched this challenge on youtube
I saw an interview with one of the rare winners.
He said the toughest part is all the chewing. You tired of constantly chewing. You dont want to chew anymore
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:04:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
He said the toughest part is all the chewing. You tired of constantly chewing. You dont want to chew anymore
If I can escape Covid restraints, i will hitchhike to a 72 ounce steak right away. Eggs and potatoes coffee shop in Seattle offered an omelete with one dozen eggs. i ever had he courage,now I'm not even supposed to be eating eggs, but i do.

Ate at Waffle House a year or so ago. liked it. Used to eat their a decade ago and give the waitress an extra dollar for "the Seminoles".but then an armed robber came in and a customer snuck up behind him with a CCW pistol and blew him away without warning.
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:09:54 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
If I can escape Covid restraints, i will hitchhike to a 72 ounce steak right away.

You lose, thats a 75.00 meal. Participants in the contest are shown live on the internet from the restaurant.

Very very windy today in Amarillo. sucks. I dont want to be outside eating dirt. Now I know how the Okies felt during the dust bowl days. Wind just today and tomorrow. Weather is weird here. Cold at night. The high today which is pretty high, 81, hits us at 5 to 6pm. I'm used to the hottest part of the day around noon, not dinner time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:37:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Is your plan to keep heading in directions where the weather is agreeable when you arrive?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:39:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
In an RV youdo't buy much but can always find it. In a Tear Drop trailor, you generally don't buy anything but if you do you knownot just ehivh drawer it is in, but where in the drawer it goes.

I've got thisweird Chinesetablet but for a few dollars more a different chinese firm would have assembled one first

October 2nd, 2020 at 12:48:01 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Is your plan to keep heading in directions where the weather is agreeable when you arrive?
spending a week in Amarillo then staying on 66 going west for now
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:59:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff

Ate at Waffle House a year or so ago. liked it. Used to eat their a decade ago and give the waitress an extra dollar for "the Seminoles".but then an armed robber came in and a customer snuck up behind him with a CCW pistol and blew him away without warning.

I love nice Waffle House stories.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 2nd, 2020 at 2:28:12 PM permalink
terapined
Neighbors told me Amarillo is the windiest city in the USA
Ugh
Thinking it might be a good idea to buy some extra air filters for my engine.