RV life with Terapined

March 8th, 2021 at 12:50:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I watched the Hannah Straight video about ways to shower. The one about having a gym membership is real nice since so many people waste those.

Gym chains are all over the US. They have showers. They're often open 24 hours.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2021 at 6:45:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Showering is convenient for me. I have a hot water heater. My system is more flexible then one in a house. House hot water heaters either heat with gas or electricity, not both. Mine is set up both ways. So if I lose power, switch to gas to heat hot water

Leaving LA today and am absolutely thrilled
Way too many cars
Its absurd and ridiculous
Too many roads allow parking on the side at night but not during the day
That's a clear sign of too many cars
I did check out the USS Iowa
Pretty fascinating
Decided to have some fish at the seafood market nearby
Free parking and lots of spaces. I was in total shock.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2021 at 6:59:34 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Showering is convenient for me. I have a hot water heater. My system is more flexible then one in a house. House hot water heaters either heat with gas or electricity, not both. Mine is set up both ways. So if I lose power, switch to gas to heat hot water

Leaving LA today and am absolutely thrilled
Way too many cars
Its absurd and ridiculous
Too many roads allow parking on the side at night but not during the day
That's a clear sign of too many cars
I did check out the USS Iowa
Pretty fascinating
Decided to have some fish at the seafood market nearby
Free parking and lots of spaces. I was in total shock.

Where is the next stop?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 10th, 2021 at 7:32:47 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Where is the next stop?

Just a couple hours north
Bakersfield
Still waiting for the country to warm up
Plan is eventually up through the middle of Cali then east through Reno through NV to Utah and bounce around Utah
RVers tell me Utah has the most beautiful parks in the country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2021 at 12:12:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Just a couple hours north
Bakersfield
Still waiting for the country to warm up
Plan is eventually up through the middle of Cali then east through Reno through NV to Utah and bounce around Utah
RVers tell me Utah has the most beautiful parks in the country

Of course if you haven’t been to Zion and Bryce they are special. There is also a Virgin River 2 day hike that ends in Zion that was spectacular. And technically not a ‘National Park’, but Escalante National Monument was great too. (Expensive) we spent 5 nights there with guides that brought stuff on llamas. And set up tents, cooked, etc....
March 10th, 2021 at 7:36:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
As it gets warmer I hope you make it up to Montana. Beautiful country with many "small" towns that are very interesting. The Museum of the Rockies is my wifes favorite museum in the country.

I have never spent anytime in Bakersfield and couldn't imagine why I would want to. The back surgeon my insurance company assigned me did his residency in Bakersfield. I was very fortunate that he was overbooked and I was assigned the guy that spent 10 years at Johns Hopkins. It was either a guy that specialized in Meth Mouth or Robotic Assisted Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. I think I won.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 10th, 2021 at 7:57:58 PM permalink
terapined

I have never spent anytime in Bakersfield and couldn't imagine why I would want to

After crowded LA, its paradise
March 10th, 2021 at 9:30:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
As it gets warmer I hope you make it up to Montana. Beautiful country with many "small" towns that are very interesting. The Museum of the Rockies is my wifes favorite museum in the country.
That is really nice. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x5345451b69b8bbd5%3A0x53ba18ef074a0758!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipM789TC3WhZJnc9S6GRGGk2kM1uafGRxpONGOqo%3Dw360-h203-k-no!5sThe%20Museum%20of%20the%20Rockies%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMmKxRxrqDZ4UO0-ho94BybyWj16DGN688BKC8r&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjThO7Qs6fvAhXQi54KHe9_BSQQoiowGHoECDUQAw

Quote:
The back surgeon my insurance company assigned me did his residency in Bakersfield.
The horror.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 11th, 2021 at 5:45:45 PM permalink
terapined
Moving to a new city is like a box of chocolates
You never know what you will get

So far loving Bakersfield
Just checked out the Kern County Museum
Expected ho hum
Was actually blown away. This is a must see if into history and I'm into history
A small little town of about 50 historic houses and buildings relocated to the museum land
Absolutely loved it
Got so much exercise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kern_County_Museum
March 12th, 2021 at 8:08:10 PM permalink
terapined
Bakersfield has an old classic Woolworths with an operating diner counter
How neat is that
Just checked out the nearby Tehachapi Loop.
Train lovers all over the world love to come here to watch trains do the tight loop climbing 77 ft going over its tail
Amazing