Whose rights take priority?

Page 7 of 8« First<45678>
July 19th, 2020 at 9:38:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I must be the dummy because I don't get it.

No doubt..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2020 at 10:09:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
Do you think that wearing a hat contributes to baldness?
IDK? I heard it a long time ago that wearing a hat does something, decreases the bodies natural tendency to create oil or something?
I've noticed when I live in cold country even though I always have pants on the hair on my legs gets darker and thicker. When I am in warmer climes and wear shorts my leg hair gets thinner and lighter colored?
I had read animals can tell when it's going to be a harsh winter they put on more hair, bugs seem to predict a harsh winter also?
I never wore a hat when I was young but started wearing one in the 70's, by the late eighty's I've got a landing spot on the back of my head that seems to attract bee's. Then the rest of my head hair seemed to slip off my head. Wondered if anyone else had noticed when they went to wearing hat, possibly their head quit making protective oils??
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2020 at 10:10:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
My theory is that people that wear hats are generally less intelligent and less educated.
Then why do graduates wear mortar boards to their ceremony's?
July 20th, 2020 at 7:32:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
Then why do graduates wear mortar boards to their ceremony's?

My guess is that is part of the tradition and ceremony because they wear them and at the end they take them off and throw them. I believe it expresses the transformation from dummy to not dummy when they take them off and throw them.

Of course, I don't actually believe that a degree means someone is intelligent.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 20th, 2020 at 10:54:52 AM permalink
petroglyph
My guess is that is part of the tradition and ceremony because they wear them and at the end they take them off and throw them. I believe it expresses the transformation from dummy to not dummy when they take them off and throw them.

That makes sense
July 20th, 2020 at 1:22:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

I would like to do a commencement speech.

And when you throw your cap today... you will now be “not dummy”. Congratulations!

{I just channeled the ghost of Red Fox.}
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2020 at 6:32:06 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I would like to do a commencement speech.

And when you throw your cap today... you will now be “not dummy”. Congratulations!

{I just channeled the ghost of Red Fox.}

Funny, but untrue...there are a lot of dummies with degrees. They are just well-educated dummies.
March 20th, 2023 at 2:58:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-supreme-court-jack-daniels-100000715.html
Fascinating case Supreme Court is hearing Wednesday
Jack Daniel's vs a company that's selling a parody for dogs that looks like a Jack Daniel's bottle
The case revolves around a Ginger Rodgers lawsuit and the creative license to parody a trademark

"The toy mimics Lynchburg, Tennessee-based Jack Daniel's famous whiskey bottles with humorous dog-themed alterations - replacing "Old No. 7" with "the Old No. 2, on your Tennessee Carpet" and alcohol descriptions with "43% Poo By Vol." and "100% Smelly."

Biden administration supports Jack Daniel's. I support the freedom to parody Jack Daniels
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2023 at 5:57:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-supreme-court-jack-daniels-100000715.html
Fascinating case Supreme Court is hearing Wednesday
Jack Daniel's vs a company that's selling a parody for dogs that looks like a Jack Daniel's bottle
The case revolves around a Ginger Rodgers lawsuit and the creative license to parody a trademark

"The toy mimics Lynchburg, Tennessee-based Jack Daniel's famous whiskey bottles with humorous dog-themed alterations - replacing "Old No. 7" with "the Old No. 2, on your Tennessee Carpet" and alcohol descriptions with "43% Poo By Vol." and "100% Smelly."

Biden administration supports Jack Daniel's. I support the freedom to parody Jack Daniels

I have been following that too as my dogs have some of their products.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 20th, 2023 at 6:03:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I have been following that too as my dogs have some of their products.

This is great
I love these
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 7 of 8« First<45678>