No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 15th, 2020 at 1:11:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
You gotta keep looking and take what you find. Life is boring. Jobs are boring. Life is not what you see on TV.

I like Blue Bloods. It's a fantasy
family that all love their jobs,
have Sunday dinner together
every Sunday, and never
watch TV unless it's news
they want to see. It's basically
the opposite of real life.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 15th, 2020 at 2:46:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"A crew member on former Vice President Joe Biden’s chartered campaign airplane who flew to Ohio on Monday and Florida on Tuesday has tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus."

This guy was on the plane with
Biden. Better quarantine
Dementia Joe for 2 weeks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 15th, 2020 at 2:55:57 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
"A crew member on former Vice President Joe Biden’s chartered campaign airplane who flew to Ohio on Monday and Florida on Tuesday has tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus."

This guy was on the plane with Biden....

That is very serious. He flies in a small private jet.

He can use that as a valid excuse to pull out of tonights Town Hall, rather than compete head to head, for ratings against Trump.
October 15th, 2020 at 3:33:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is how a real president handles things:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 15th, 2020 at 3:42:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
This is how a real president handles things:

No doubt when he becomes a real Predident
He will have procedures in place so the WH does not get infected again.
I find it shocking that Trumps WH held a virus super spreader event on that historic lawn. Boggles my mind
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 15th, 2020 at 4:57:30 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: DRich
I don't reject all moral principles but definitely believe life is meaningless.

If there are at least some moral principles, doesn't following them, or not, give life some meaning. In other words, at least choosing a side which side of the principles you stand on.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 15th, 2020 at 6:34:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump trying to downplay the virus is just so out of touch with reality
Wisc is breaking records today
3700 new cases shattering their old record
This is today

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/10/15/wisconsin-coronavirus-3-747-cases-17-covid-deaths-reported-thursday/3667837001/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 16th, 2020 at 3:58:01 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
I'm pretty sure I know what the libbies' plan is now. They're just waiting for the election results to come in on Election Day, and after Trump is trouncing Creepy Joe in a landslide, that's when those scumbags will go into action and try to steal the election from him.

They're gonna go state-by-state and analyze the results, and based on their findings they will target specific states to steal electoral votes from Trump. I guarantee that mail-in ballots for Creepy Joe will magically "appear" in these states, and mail-in ballots for Trump will all of a sudden "disappear".

Mark my words!!
October 16th, 2020 at 8:24:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: DRich
As a nihilist I wouldn't mind seeing a system where everyone that breaks the law is put to death, no matter how small the infraction is considered. I think the few remaining people would learn the laws and obey them.

The Hammurabi code of laws, written in 18th century B.C. in Babylon, was a collection of 282 rules, established standards for commercial interactions and set fines and punishments to meet the requirements of justice. Hammurabi's Code was carved onto a massive, finger-shaped black stone stele (pillar),It prescribed the death penalty for over 20 different offenses. Depending on your social status, you could be executed for theft, perjury, and other crimes that today are punished much more lightly in most countries. The Code also famously prescribed that "If a man destroy the eye of another man, they shall destroy his eye."

The death penalty was also part of the Hittite Code in the 14th century B.C., but only marginally. The most serious offenses typically were punished through enslavement, although crimes of a sexual nature often were punishable by death.

The Draconian Code of Athens, in 7th century B.C., made death the lone punishment for all crimes (hence the use of the term "draconian" to describe particularly harsh penalties). It may have been a myth, but legend has it that the Draconian Code was written in blood instead of ink.

In the 5th century B.C., the Roman Law of the Twelve Tables also contained the death penalty. Death sentences were carried out by such means as beheading, boiling in oil, burying alive, burning, crucifixion, disembowelment, drowning, flaying alive, hanging, impalement, stoning, strangling, being thrown to wild animals, and quartering (being torn apart).
October 16th, 2020 at 9:12:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin

In the 5th century B.C., the Roman Law of the Twelve Tables also contained the death penalty. Death sentences were carried out by such means as beheading, boiling in oil, burying alive, burning, crucifixion, disembowelment, drowning, flaying alive, hanging, impalement, stoning, strangling, being thrown to wild animals, and quartering (being torn apart).

That to me seems like a great deterrent.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.