Smartphone poll, what are you using, what carrier, pay alot?

Page 1 of 212>

Thread Rating:

Poll
3 votes (50%)
2 votes (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (50%)
2 votes (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (33.33%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

May 19th, 2020 at 8:21:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Just got a new phone
My old phone was a cheap Samsung J6 I bough in 2016
Time to upgrade. It lagged and was having memory issues.
Stuck with Samsung. Easy to transfer everything on one phone to my new one
Bought a Samsung A20
Its another cheap phone but not too cheap. 160
Bought it through Boost mobile which bought Virgin mobile who I started with and staying with boost
Just pay 40 a month, no contract. They use T-Mobile network
Pretty happy with my new phone
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 19th, 2020 at 11:58:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Paid $40 for mine, ZTE. TracFone $13.50
a month. Does everything I want it to.
Texts, Youtube, camera. Right now in
the bank I have 6500 texts, 3500
minutes, and 4.0 GB of data. I use
it mostly at home so it uses the
wifi. Why should I upgrade. I'll
never use everything I have in the
bank and it grows every month.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 20th, 2020 at 5:00:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
iPhone 6s+, I think, also T-Mobile.

I think this phone is going to stop supporting updates within a year and I'll have to get a different one. I guess my phone is almost five years old, which is supposed to be pretty old for these, but I don't know why it should be. It all kind of works out because I'd have to get a new battery pretty soon anyway.

I'll probably get an iPhone 8+ next because that's the last model with a physical home button...and I'm hanging onto that as long as I can. I'm really irritated that they got rid of those.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 20th, 2020 at 5:06:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I think this phone is going to stop supporting updates within a year and I'll have to get a different one. I guess my phone is almost five years old, which is supposed to be pretty old for these, but I don't know why it should be. It all kind of works out because I'd have to get a new battery pretty soon anyway.

I'll probably get an iPhone 8+ next because that's the last model with a physical home button...and I'm hanging onto that as long as I can. I'm really irritated that they got rid of those.

That is all about the waterproofing. Like no-cable E-Brakes are now how they do it on cars, that one I really hate.

As to phones, get on the BYO deal and it is like $45 a month. Best thing going!
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2020 at 5:12:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I felt the same way... until I got the iPhone XR.

I have an old iPhone 6 I use as an iPod when exercising. Now the home button seems like a pain in the butt.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2020 at 5:51:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have six people and an iPad on my phone bill. Most of the phones are being paid out over time; only two are paid in full. mine is the oldest and will need replaced. One is on the plan but is paid for by the user (she is working). Two are for college folks, so i can see them being payers in a couple of years (they are getting advanced degrees).

One is for my BIL. He was unemployed or trying to be a real estate agent (essentially unemployed, in his case) and he was always asking to keep his phone from getting cut off. I finally told him that I wasn't going to pay his $130 a month bill and that he could go on my pan for $20 or so. He got a job and a new phone ($5 more a month; at least he got a cheap one!). He now has a job, but has yet to say a word about actually paying. My wife has a hard time cutting him off...

I'll get a new phone when my 6+, or whatever is is, dies or loses support.
May 20th, 2020 at 6:11:26 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I also have the iphone 6s, and I just bought another one as my current one the ringer is no longer working. I love the 6s, it is the perfect size for me. I do not want a bigger phone as I keep mine in my pocket.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 20th, 2020 at 8:23:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
That is all about the waterproofing. Like no-cable E-Brakes are now how they do it on cars, that one I really hate.

As to phones, get on the BYO deal and it is like $45 a month. Best thing going!

BYO = Build Your Own?

Quote: AMS288
I felt the same way... until I got the iPhone XR.

I have an old iPhone 6 I use as an iPod when exercising. Now the home button seems like a pain in the butt.

Thanks! Maybe I'll go a little newer than 8, but I definitely don't want the newest one. I figure I can get it cheaper later.

Quote: DRich
I also have the iphone 6s, and I just bought another one as my current one the ringer is no longer working. I love the 6s, it is the perfect size for me. I do not want a bigger phone as I keep mine in my pocket.

The 6s+ is larger, but it fits in most of my pockets except for one specific pair of shorts. Of course, it does make the deepness of the pockets more of a priority than it probably should be when clothes shopping.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 20th, 2020 at 10:20:17 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
We have Samsung Galaxy S8s, 3 years old now and still going strong. We got some sort of deal where we sold our Verizon phones to ATT for full credit, then bundled DirecTV, land line, and cellular all together. It worked out to a pretty decent savings. The phones are great and show no signs of wearing out; they are the first ones ever that I thought can’t be improved beyond what we use them for.
May 20th, 2020 at 2:32:29 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Three of us in my household have Ting for a carrier. Under the covers it is either Sprint or T-Mobile.

We brought our own smartphones.

It is a base of $6 per line, plus addons based on what you use that are shared between everyone.

For example, add $3 for the first 100 minutes between the three of us, add $3 for the first 100 texts, something for data.

With what we use plus taxes, for 3 phones our bill is usually about $46 per month total.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 1 of 212>