Kayleigh McEnany

Page 3 of 6<123456>
May 13th, 2020 at 2:10:34 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Interesting theory, except that she was one of the ones out there on TV saying negative things about Donny. Didn’t she call him a racist on CNN? Now she’s his press secretary. Lol

There is someone out there right now who was saying negative things about Joe Biden just this spring while campaigning against him that is among the front runner sot be his VP candidate. Do ya think that person is going to stand by what they said a few months ago?

There are many politicians out there who supported border control right up until just about the time Trump wanted to control the borders. They were saying negative things about illegal immigration but have become silent on the subject and even supportive of open borders.

People change their minds and positions. It isn't like that just started today.
May 22nd, 2020 at 5:49:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Only the best people!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:09:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hackers of foreign countries would probably make quick work with that info. Trump probably got lucky though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 24th, 2020 at 7:28:10 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
May 24th, 2020 at 8:29:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: aceofspades
https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1263901535462928386?s=20

I think she is excellent. It can't be easy to defend Trump at every turn, and she does a great job of it. Her attacks on the press are not aimed at any one member so they portray strength as opposed to Trump's singling out specific members which look childish.
May 24th, 2020 at 8:52:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
It can't be easy to defend Trump at every turn,

And to still keep any self-respect.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 24th, 2020 at 2:49:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
And to still keep any self-respect.

Do you think criminal defense lawyers have any self respect?
May 24th, 2020 at 3:17:03 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3

I have often wondered about these guys. I know it is their job and everyone is entitled to a defense and fair trial no matter what the evidence looks like, but really if you are a defense attorney and you get someone off that you know or suspect was guilty and a few days later they kill someone else, how could you live with yourself?

Now these press secretaries it isn't a matter of life or death (well it could be), but they lie for a living. Both parties. It must be taxing to them. I suppose that is why press secretaries don't generally last too long.
May 24th, 2020 at 3:42:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: kewlj
I have often wondered about these guys. I know it is their job and everyone is entitled to a defense and fair trial no matter what the evidence looks like, but really if you are a defense attorney and you get someone off that you know or suspect was guilty and a few days later they kills someone else, how could you live with yourself?

Now these press secretaries it isn't a matter of life or death (well it could be), but they lie for a living. Both parties. It must be taxing to them. I suppose that is why press secretaries don't generally last too long.

It’s especially interesting because attorneys have means by which they can accept a case and then file what is called something like, “Voluntary Motion to Withdraw.”

There are also some instances in which withdrawing can be mandatory, but I’m not sure any of those grounds are covered with what you are saying. A few possible causes are a breakdown in the attorney-client relationship and refusal to follow an attorney’s advice. One possibly mandatory condition could be general conflict of interest, which I believe could apply if an attorney believes that he or she will not represent the client to the best of his or her ability. Theoretically, I should imagine that could come about if the attorney thinks the client is guilty as hell.

An attorney theoretically must not violate the Rules of Professional Conduct which allows for an attorney to withdraw:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_1_16_declining_or_terminating_representation/

I would say 1, 4 and 7 could all apply here.

As a practical matter, provided the attorney believes he or she can still do his or her level best to represent the client; there are some issues that could lead to not wanting to necessarily withdraw. In criminal cases, I would think the underlying right to a speedy trial could be one if you’ve already been actively representing the person.

And, as with anything else in the legal realm, there’s a lot of room for interpretation. Even cause (7) from the link above keeps all other possibilities open.

You’re also not supposed to withdraw if it would detriment the client, so that kind of creates an added layer of difficulty. The whole thing is essentially balanced in favor of seeing it through if you take a case.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 24th, 2020 at 4:31:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Yes they do and they all look up to John Adams who defended Captain Preston and the soldiers under him.
The Boston Massacre
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 3 of 6<123456>