UPS rant (COVID19)

Page 1 of 212>
April 29th, 2020 at 11:49:35 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Apparently, UPS has a time machine:

I ordered a new Mac Pro on April 14th - these are built in and shipped from Texas

On April 23rd I received a tracking number from UPS and informed my new computer would arrive by the end of the day on April 25th

On April 25th I received an email from UPS stating that, due to COVID19, my delivery would be delayed - the new delivery date would be April 26th

On April 26th, I received an email from UPS stating that, due to COVID19, my delivery would be delayed - the new delivery date would be April 27th

On April 27th, I received an email from UPS stating that, due to COVID19, my delivery would be delayed - the new delivery date would be April 28th

On April 28th, I checked my UPS account and saw that the computer arrived in New Jersey from Texas at 11:14PM and that my delivery date was now today (April 29th)

I logged into my UPS account this morning and the detailed view showed that my computer arrived at my local UPS facility (10 minutes from my home) at 5:09AM

About 20 minutes ago, I logged into my UPS account and noticed the delivery date had once again changed, due to COVID19, to April 30th

However, what was interesting is that the time stamp of this alert was 4:58PM Eastern Standard Time and, as I type this, it is only 1:23PM EST

Then, I noticed that the tracking details now showed the package arriving at my local UPS facility at 11:59AM (when it previously stated 5:09AM).

I called UPS to figure out what was going on and to tell them I would gladly drive and pick the package up myself today - the customer service rep informed me that the package had yet to be unloaded from the trailer and, as such, I would not be able pick it up until tomorrow - naturally, I left it as is to be delivered tomorrow instead

I asked him why the tracking details originally stated my package arrived at the local UPS facility at 5:09AM and I would receive the package today and were changed -- his response was that "Due to COVID19, there are many delays"

I replied that whether a package was scanned as being at a facility or not had nothing to do with COVID19 -- the package is either there at a certain time or it isn't

His response "I understand your frustration sir, but please know the UPS is committed to ensuring everyone's packages arrive safely during this pandemic"

I had had enough - I wished him well and hung up

I assume I will receive "First world problems" or other responses along those lines

However, it is not the delay that I am upset at, it is the blatant lying and retconning of the tracking details and then using COVID19 as an excuse

Did the package not get scanned at 5:09AM? Was it a ghost package with my tracking number?

Things do not add up
April 29th, 2020 at 1:37:49 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
If it's just 10 minutes away from you at the UPS store, go pick it up yourself. I do it all the time.
April 29th, 2020 at 2:03:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It may have nothing to do with a virus, ALL tracking programs have DEA overrides so that a package or group of packages can be detained for examination without tipping the shippers that their contraband may have been detected or beeperized.
April 29th, 2020 at 3:49:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I say that it was you get for buying a Mac. Support Microsoft.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 29th, 2020 at 4:39:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
Support Microsoft.
WHY? Its a terrible company. Mac is at least Unix based. All hail Unix.
April 29th, 2020 at 4:49:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff
WHY? Its a terrible company. Mac is at least Unix based. All hail Unix.

Once Apple went away from DOS 3.3 everything went down hill.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 29th, 2020 at 5:04:45 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: zippyboy
If it's just 10 minutes away from you at the UPS store, go pick it up yourself. I do it all the time.

Did you miss this:

Quote: aceofspades

I called UPS to figure out what was going on and to tell them I would gladly drive and pick the package up myself today - the customer service rep informed me that the package had yet to be unloaded from the trailer and, as such, I would not be able pick it up until tomorrow - naturally, I left it as is to be delivered tomorrow instead
April 29th, 2020 at 10:00:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: aceofspades
Apparently, UPS has a time machine:

This is bizarre. A friend was telling me almost the exact same story this morning, but based on Fed Ex, especially asking to pick up the package himself at the sorting facility.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 29th, 2020 at 10:11:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
FedEx has a package of mine in
limbo. Walmart shipped a $20
bag of catfood Ap 3rd. There's
a tracking number that it was
picked up in GA and then it
was never seen again. I've tried
calling both companies and
never get thru to a live person.
All it says now on the tracking
page is a mistake occurred.
No shit. They have my money
and my catfood.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 30th, 2020 at 6:50:53 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
My delivery time on material I regularly order from Indiana has double from about a week to over 2 weeks. According to the tracking information it sits waiting for pick up for several days. Of course crossing the border into Canada also takes much longer than it used to as well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 212>