No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 13th, 2021 at 4:26:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
My older son got J and J upon my recommendation. I would make the same recommendation today. One death out of 7 million vaccinated should be lauded as a major success. I forget the regular non COVID death rate, but adding one in 7 million is not statistically significant.

The bad thing about this action is that it feeds into ‘vaccine hesitancy’ which will result in fewer people being vaccinated and thus more COVID cases and deaths. Idiotic decision by whoever made it.

SOOPOO,

Can I ask why? I understand your medical credentials. And, I am in no way trying to be argumentative. But, in my research, Pfizer (if you get both doses) seemed the best as far as efficacy (and time of protection, at least as far as currently can be known), overall protection, and lowest chance of negative reactions (yes all are low, but since its launch JandJ seemed to be consistently higher than the other primary two).

Is there a reason you would recommend Johnson and Johnson. Its too late for me, I already got my first dose of Pfizer, and have my second scheduled, I am just generally curious from a Doctor's perspective?
(But, I will say, before doing research, my gut reaction was to go for Johnson and Johnson because I wanted to get it over with in one dose. My own Doctor said it did not matter and to get whatever was available as quickly as possible, but I still went with Pfizer which did not take any longer than any other brand preference would have).
April 13th, 2021 at 6:15:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
FDA and CDC call for 'pause' on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after blood clot reports

Well, well. Looks like not rushing to get the vax is not such a stupid move after all!

Only one of the 7 was a death.

According to the National Safety Council, the chances of dying from a motor vehicle crash is 1 in 103.

Chances of dying from china virus itself less than 1 in 600. Where on earth do you get that number?

Your number is not even close for deaths. Maybe it was chance of being in an accident?

"More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 13th, 2021 at 7:00:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Quote: rxwine
FDA and CDC call for 'pause' on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after blood clot reports

Well, well. Looks like not rushing to get the vax is not such a stupid move after all!

Only one of the 7 was a death.

According to the National Safety Council, the chances of dying from a motor vehicle crash is 1 in 103.

Chances of dying from china virus itself less than 1 in 600. Where on earth do you get that number?

Your number is not even close for deaths. Maybe it was chance of being in an accident?

"More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants."

It's a lifetime risk not annual.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 14th, 2021 at 5:51:51 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Leaving the EU saved possibly thousands of lives in the UK, where they have the fastest decreasing Covid daily infection rate in the world, at only 4% of peak and falling.

Article:

"In June 2020, all 27 member states joined a scheme giving the EU central responsibility for buying vaccines."
"However, the EU was slower than the UK to negotiate a contract with AstraZeneca, leading to supply problems."

As the UK restrictions are drawing to an end, the rest of Europe remains locked down.

Had they remained in the EU, their vaccine program would have been determined by Brussels and they would be facing the same rollout problems and hundreds of daily deaths as the EU nations.

Daily New Infections

U.K at 4% of peak and falling
France at 70% of peak
Germany at 66% of peak
Italy at 43% of peak and falling
Spain 23% of peak and rising
Netherlands 62% of peak
Sweden 83% of peak and rising

April 13th Daily New Deaths

U.K. 23
Spain 100
Germany 298
France 345
Italy 446
April 14th, 2021 at 1:48:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
SOOPOO,

Can I ask why? I understand your medical credentials. And, I am in no way trying to be argumentative. But, in my research, Pfizer (if you get both doses) seemed the best as far as efficacy (and time of protection, at least as far as currently can be known), overall protection, and lowest chance of negative reactions (yes all are low, but since its launch JandJ seemed to be consistently higher than the other primary two).

Is there a reason you would recommend Johnson and Johnson. Its too late for me, I already got my first dose of Pfizer, and have my second scheduled, I am just generally curious from a Doctor's perspective?
(But, I will say, before doing research, my gut reaction was to go for Johnson and Johnson because I wanted to get it over with in one dose. My own Doctor said it did not matter and to get whatever was available as quickly as possible, but I still went with Pfizer which did not take any longer than any other brand preference would have).
. When my son first became eligible, he had to drive 1.5 hours each way. He was given option of Pfizer and J and J. The risk and cost and inconvenience of a second day and a second round trip did not seem worth it. To me, the by far most important ‘efficacy’ of the vaccine is its ability to prevent death and serious illness. J and J checked both those boxes. Additionally, he would have full immunity a month or so sooner.
April 14th, 2021 at 2:33:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-rand-paul-demands-petty-tyrant-fauci-be-removed-tv-fear-mongering

"The Senator clashed with Fauci last month, telling him “You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in two masks for show. You can’t get it again.”

“There’s virtually zero percent chance you’re going to get it and you’re telling people that have had the vaccine who have immunity — You’re defying everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks who have been vaccinated,” Paul charged during the hearing." RP
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 14th, 2021 at 2:50:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-rand-paul-demands-petty-tyrant-fauci-be-removed-tv-fear-mongering

"The Senator clashed with Fauci last month, telling him “You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in two masks for show. You can’t get it again.”

“There’s virtually zero percent chance you’re going to get it and you’re telling people that have had the vaccine who have immunity — You’re defying everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks who have been vaccinated,” Paul charged during the hearing." RP

Rand Paul, the genius who went and worked out at the Senate gym without a mask after he knew he’d been exposed to COVID (and of course he later found out he was positive at the time).

Rand is not exactly a great medical leader of our times...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 14th, 2021 at 3:35:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Rand Paul, the genius who went and worked out at the Senate gym without a mask after he knew he’d been exposed to COVID (and of course he later found out he was positive at the time).

Rand is not exactly a great medical leader of our times...

I agree
He freaked on ebola which hardly killed but dismissed the virus which is very deadly
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 14th, 2021 at 4:19:36 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
George Carlin 1999

April 14th, 2021 at 5:14:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tanko
George Carlin 1999
The Maestro, excellent.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW