fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I thought that this was the Coronavirus thread
Let's go Brandon
February 14th, 2021 at 1:12:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I am not Clinton fan, but I do not see anything wrong with that quote, she chose to work, I don't see an issue.

Of course not, because you are not old enough to remember before women were scolded for wanting to be women. To be motherly.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2021 at 4:34:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
WHO has announced that their investigations in Wuhan showed that the virus didn't escape from a lab. Their proof - the scientists working in the lab said it didn't.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 15th, 2021 at 4:58:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
WHO has announced that their investigations in Wuhan showed that the virus didn't escape from a lab. Their proof - the scientists working in the lab said it didn't.

Frankly, even if it did, I don't think the Chinese are much interested in helping anyone reach that conclusion. Or it already would be revealed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2021 at 6:11:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Similar to righties claiming the pee tape doesn’t exist because Donny said it doesn’t.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 16th, 2021 at 2:49:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman

If you intentionally leave a cell open did a prisoner "escape" if he walks out?
The President is a fink.
February 20th, 2021 at 6:37:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
One thing that I have noticed since the start of COVID (well probably for the last several years, but this issue exasperates it to the mainstream), is that most anti-vaxxers are becoming right-wing.

When I was younger, most people who were against vaccines were the far left-wing crowd, usually for hippy (for lack of a better term) reasons, nature is good, pharmaceuticals companies are evil (the Natural News) crowd. This was one issue where the left was very anti-science (along with GMOs, anti-GMO and Anti-vaccine used to go hand in hand with that same crowd).

But, now the right-wing is reclaiming even this issue with vaccine protests and skepticism.

I would bet that States that make mandatory vaccines will cause massive fervor in the right-wing conspiracy side. Its almost like some people on the right want to do exactly the opposite of what is asked of them. During early COVID when masks were discouraged people on the right bragged about hoarding masks, when masks became encourages suddenly being forced to wear a mask in a grocery store violates your civil rights or something.... Its almost like the right-wing exists just to rebel against authority.... When vaccines get offered in a station in their neighborhood they protest the clinic's presence.

And, today it seems that this mindset is trickling over to the right of Australia:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56137597
February 20th, 2021 at 6:47:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
One thing that I have noticed since the start of COVID (well probably for the last several years, but this issue exasperates it to the mainstream), is that most anti-vaxxers are becoming right-wing.

When I was younger, most people who were against vaccines were the far left-wing crowd, usually for hippy (for lack of a better term) reasons, nature is good, pharmaceuticals companies are evil (the Natural News) crowd. This was one issue where the left was very anti-science (along with GMOs, anti-GMO and Anti-vaccine used to go hand in hand with that same crowd).

But, now the right-wing is reclaiming even this issue with vaccine protests and skepticism.

I would bet that States that make mandatory vaccines will cause massive fervor in the right-wing conspiracy side. Its almost like some people on the right want to do exactly the opposite of what is asked of them. During early COVID when masks were discouraged people on the right bragged about hoarding masks, when masks became encourages suddenly being forced to wear a mask in a grocery store violates your civil rights or something.... Its almost like the right-wing exists just to rebel against authority.... When vaccines get offered in a station in their neighborhood they protest the clinic's presence.

And, today it seems that this mindset is trickling over to the right of Australia:

I've always viewed anti vaxxers as right wing nutjobs.
Either that or absurdly crazy on religion
Or both
Bottom line, these are people that dont believe in science. What's worse, they dont even believe the math regarding vaccines. Probably roulette system players :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2021 at 7:00:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I've always viewed anti vaxxers as right wing nutjobs.
Either that or absurdly crazy on religion
Or both
Bottom line, these are people that dont believe in science. What's worse, they dont even believe the math regarding vaccines. Probably roulette system players :-)

There is some of that. Religion plays a factor for some (I don't think religious exemptions should be allowed for vaccines). But, many (at least on the left) are secular.

But, maybe it was just my personal experience, growing up anti-vaxxers and anti-GMO people tended to be on the left for "natural" reasons. Now, the Alex Jones types are taking this philosophy over with their conspiracies.

When I think of anti-vaxx and anti-GMO crowds by gut reaction is Jenny McCarthy rallies....

This is a good (and fun) example of Vaccine math by Penn and Teller (their full episodes on Vaccines is worth watching):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo
February 20th, 2021 at 7:38:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman

What it seems to me is the left wingers want to show how much they want to submit to government rules. It is as if they think it makes them a better person doing as they are ordered. Did you not see how they were calling to wear 2 masks because 1 did not do the job? We told you this from the beginning.

Some of us have been lied to enough by government that we are natural skeptics. We see the masks and the directional aisles at the grocery store as being something to make people think something is being done.

Meanwhile people are dying by the thousands yet Biden does not care, does not take it serious.
The President is a fink.