15 members have voted

November 23rd, 2020 at 12:26:51 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
You really don't understand that region
HK and Taiwan are totally different
Hong Kong is not independent, Taiwan is
If anything, Taiwan's democracy scares China.
Right now they are huge trading partners
No way the Mainland govt does anything to upset that applecart. Just too much money at stake.

You're right again of course, It always amazes me how informed and intellectually sound your posts are!
Of course there are some uninformed differing opinions I found in a quick Google search:
Japan Times 10/28/2020
The Atlantic 10/10/2020
China Keeps Inching Closer to Taiwan
I don't know WTF I was thinking, these reporters likely don't even have a cousin in the region!?!
What could they possibly know vs. Ed rolling around the country in an RV visiting museums & being amazed by Tulsa era 1920.
Next thing he'll tell us is how systematically racist the country still is today after a black president lead the country 4 short years ago
That was after winning the election for a second term in office.
And now a black woman is about to become VP, yeah there is no way to ever get ahead in this country as a black person.
Particularly a woman of color.
Although to be fair there were some "heels in the air" when it comes to Kamala.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 23rd, 2020 at 12:31:15 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Strongly disagree.

If Donny had signed a bill that gave Americans another stimulus check and extended unemployment benefits in October I really think he would have won re-election.

Fair enough, I thought you were being sarcastic.
I don't think "The Orange Man Bad/Oompa Loompa screwed up Covid" vote was going to change over Stimulus checks.
But I'll concede that we'll never know for sure all the things that swung the election.
Without Covid, I think he wins easily, but that is also conjecture at this point & really doesn't matter.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 23rd, 2020 at 12:50:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09
You're right again of course, It always amazes me how informed and intellectually sound your posts are!
Of course there are some uninformed differing opinions I found in a quick Google search:
Japan Times 10/28/2020
The Atlantic 10/10/2020
China Keeps Inching Closer to Taiwan
I don't know WTF I was thinking, these reporters likely don't even have a cousin in the region!?!
What could they possibly know vs. Ed rolling around the country in an RV visiting museums & being amazed by Tulsa era 1920.
Next thing he'll tell us is how systematically racist the country still is today after a black president lead the country 4 short years ago
That was after winning the election for a second term in office.
And now a black woman is about to become VP, yeah there is no way to ever get ahead in this country as a black person.
Particularly a woman of color.
Although to be fair there were some "heels in the air" when it comes to Kamala.

People can write whatever they want. Taiwan will remain an independent country. You can take that to the bank.
This country has come far
Still a ways to go.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 23rd, 2020 at 12:53:30 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Gandler
"Trump was golfing there at the time, and reportedly skipped a G20 meeting with other world leaders about the coronavirus pandemic to do so."

It's a virtual meeting and he wasn't even scheduled to speak. You would think by now they could program a video program to show a sleepy POTUS aka Max Headroom nodding along to whatever was being said. An aide could push buttons that say "Fake News", "Make america Great Again", and half a dozen other fillers when it looks like they expect Trump to say something.

November 23rd, 2020 at 1:05:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Pacomartin
It's a virtual meeting and he wasn't even scheduled to speak. You would think by now they could program a video program to show a sleepy POTUS aka Max Headroom nodding along to whatever was being said. An aide could push buttons that say "Fake News", "Make america Great Again", and half a dozen other fillers when it looks like they expect Trump to say something.

At a meeting on Pandemic Planning I would hope that he would not be scheduled to speak, but to listen.
November 23rd, 2020 at 1:07:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

At a meeting on Pandemic Planning I would hope that he would not be scheduled to speak, but to listen.

He would be excellent to speak. He fired up production of ventalators and PPE where few if any other nations did. Deaths were forecast to be up to 2 million, coming in at 10% of that and 96% of those had multiple contributing factors.

Other leaders would do well to learn from him, but most will be too pigheaded to listen.
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2020 at 3:22:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman

Other leaders would do well to learn from him, but most will be too pigheaded to listen.

lmfao
November 27th, 2020 at 12:01:07 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Taiwan is still doing pretty good but had 14 new cases yesterday. But Yemen, Vietnam, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore are some of the countries that had less new cases. They were 102 of 220 countries in the number of new cases yesterday on Worldmeter. Maybe they have run out of masks.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 29th, 2020 at 1:11:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"While deaths attributed to COVID-19 dramatically increased, deaths attributed to all other causes suddenly plummeted. Most notable perhaps was the decrease in deaths attributed to heart disease. Somehow, suddenly, according to the data, in the midst of worldwide pandemic, Americans were much less likely to have heart attacks or strokes.
The same held true for deaths from diabetes, respiratory ailments, Alzheimer’s and every other disease that had plagued the United States for a generation. COVID-19 might be killing us but it was somehow magically curing us of a wide range of other diseases. And, miraculously, the decrease in deaths from all other causes seemed to match almost exactly the number of deaths reported to be attributable to COVID-19."

https://andmagazine.com/talk/2020/11/28/how-many-people-are-really-dying-in-this-pandemic/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2020 at 3:06:53 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
It is funny how quiet this thread has gone since the lefties are sure Biden is getting in. For the last couple of weeks the US has had record levels of cases of Covid but not hardly a peep. With Trump likely gone no point on continuing to blame him for something he didn't cause. It was a good plan though and it worked.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin