No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 18th, 2020 at 2:04:54 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
You are describing what Obama did just so you know.

No. Obama deficit spent a trillion bux, a deficit he inherited and cut throughout his presidency, during an economic recovery. When Obama was deficit spending a trillion bux, he wasn't going around saying "it's the greatest economy the world has ever seen." Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

We SHOULD deficit spend during an economic recovery. We SHOULD cut the deficit during "the greatest economy the world has ever seen."
November 18th, 2020 at 2:09:05 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
If the economy under Trump (pre-Covid) was so great, why was he constantly begging the Fed to reduce interest rates from their already ridiculously low level?
He even asked for negative rates which are a symptom of a seriously unhealthy economy.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
November 18th, 2020 at 2:15:28 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Tanko
As for the deficit. We covered this before. Nancy Pelosi's Congress decides how the money is spent. Not the president. They rejected Trump's proposed budget cuts. Nearly all of the increase in deficit spending during the Trump administration was due to mandatory spending. Federal tax revenues hit all time highs with Trump's tax cuts.

What spending bills were veto proof during the Trump administration? I'll wait.

The self proclaimed "King of Debt" president makes a promise to the American people that he will ELIMINATE the 20 trillion in debt that America is carrying but instead only added trillions more through spending bills that HE COULD'VE VETOED. What happened to the ideas of accountability and responsibility in the Republican Party? Did you all just abandon any sense of these things when you voted for Trump? YOUR president said he would eliminate the debt in 8 short years but oversaw the return of trillion dollar deficits, DURING an economic "boom"! Try holding him accountable for a ridiculous broken promise. Oh yeah, Mexico didn't pay for the 15 miles of new wall. YOU did.

My issue with the debt is that a) we shouldn't run around saying we have the greatest conomy ever while we are deficit spending and b) while both parties are responsible for the debt, we only have one that is being disingenuous about it, saying we can't spend during a recovery while bringing trillion deficits back during a "boom". That's bulls**t and ass-backwards.

And while it's true that federal revenues hit an all-time high after passing Trump's tax cuts, that's not the way to analyze whether or not they were successful. What WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN had the tax cuts not been passed? Did they, in fact, "pay for themselves?"

No, it's clear that they didn't. And in fact, the data tells us that the revenues were lower, substantially lower, than they would've been without the TCJA.

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/did-the-2017-tax-cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/
November 18th, 2020 at 2:30:52 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO
TLDR. I just can't read your drivel anymore. Trump, or his policies, or just luck, lowered unemployment amongst the "Black and Brown" communities to record levels. FACT. The stock market is up TRILLIONS of dollars EVEN in spite of the worst pandemic in a century. FACT. My few sentences trumps your blather.

IDGAF if you read it or not. It's clear you did though with your use of the caps lock.
November 18th, 2020 at 2:39:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
IDGAF if you read it or not. It's clear you did though with your use of the caps lock.

Actually, you are wrong! I read a few words and realized it was going to be the same drivel ignoring the facts of how well the USA was doing under Trump pre-pandemic. And good to know you are a clairvoyant, able to ascertain by my use of "caps lock" that I read or did not read a post!

I don't know what we would do here without your silly posts.....
November 18th, 2020 at 2:47:58 PM permalink
Tripdufan
And good to know you are a clairvoyant, able to ascertain by my use of "caps lock" that I read or did not read a post!

Pretty obvious. You never use caps in your posts but did in response to mine, because i used caps in my post.

You're right, my posts are silly. I mean, I'm not sitting here saying that "democrats would be horrible for the economy" when the last century of data we have clearly says they aren't. I should just post bulls**t that has absolutely no basis in facts...like you.
November 18th, 2020 at 2:51:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
No. Obama deficit spent a trillion bux, a deficit he inherited and cut throughout his presidency, during an economic recovery. When Obama was deficit spending a trillion bux, he wasn't going around saying "it's the greatest economy the world has ever seen." Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

We SHOULD deficit spend during an economic recovery. We SHOULD cut the deficit during "the greatest economy the world has ever seen."

I think you had better learn some history. His "stimulus" alone was >$800 billion.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2020 at 2:54:03 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
I think you had better learn some history. His "stimulus" alone was >$800 billion.

During a recovery. Yes. I know dis.

1/3 of which was tax cuts Republicans wanted. A compromise when he didn't have to compromise.
November 18th, 2020 at 8:15:47 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Just imagine if Donny didn't completely bungle his coronavirus response... He would have easily gotten re-elected!

Agree Covid cost him the election, but it was really a messaging error vs. action error.
He simply needed to point out that no one knew what to do.
He wasn't alone in the mistakes as I referenced above.
Cuomo, Whtimer, Pelosi and Trumpie all got stuff wrong.
Our Western European counter parts aren't doing much better.
Turns out the Western version of freedom combined with large population that travels doesn't do well in pandemics
It was a messaging problem, on so many points
Masks - No masks, freaking Fauchi flipped on this one.
But it doesn't matter, Trump is a terrible communicator on a live mic and it finally cost him with Covid.
He avoided Russia Russia Russia/Steele Dossier; The Peeing Russian Prostitutes; The Mueller Report & Obstruction of Justice on Russia
He avoided the Ukraine Call; Quid Pro Quo & the partisan Impeachment
Funny that it turns out maybe Ukraine should have looked into Bidens as "the favor" actually had some credibility
But the MSM Media messaging on the Covid Bungling was the slanted story that stuck to Teflon Don
You can only dodge so many bullets and when your mouth keeps manufacturing rounds for the Dems/MSM to fire at you,
You're gonna get shot eventually, and Trumpie got shot on 11/3
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 18th, 2020 at 8:19:48 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
TLDR. I just can't read your drivel anymore. Trump, or his policies, or just luck, lowered unemployment amongst the "Black and Brown" communities to record levels. FACT. The stock market is up TRILLIONS of dollars EVEN in spite of the worst pandemic in a century. FACT. My few sentences trumps your blather.

Yeah, I gave up SooPoo, he is really thick.
It's crazy to listen to a career employee talk about the economy & employment
He'll get smarter if he ever has to sign the front of a paycheck.
I won't hold my breath.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288