No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 27th, 2020 at 6:57:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Why is the US doomed TP? Lets pick a number I threw out this spring of 1% deaths, that would be 3.3 million deaths. If it was to reach that high a number it would probably take several years to get that high. In 2018 the US had 2.8 million deaths. I am not trying to make light of 3.3 deaths but the US would survive that many deaths just fine and there is a good chance deaths from other causes would go down during that time. Some rather morbid positive things that would occur is that the pressure would be taken off of seniors care facilities. There would be lots of spare housing for a while. Employment opportunities might go up but jobs might mirror the population decline. More space in the University and Colleges.

Life will continue TP but we would all need to adjust and get over the shock of deaths doubling for one year.

Numbers are going up in a lot of states, that sucks.
I am adjusting
As you can see I am getting out
But
Some activities I still won't consider like crowded concert, flying, sports event and of course the biggie
Gentlemen clubs. All over OKC, all closed :-(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2020 at 7:42:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Numbers are going up in a lot of states, that sucks.
I am adjusting
As you can see I am getting out
But
Some activities I still won't consider like crowded concert, flying, sports event and of course the biggie
Gentlemen clubs. All over OKC, all closed :-(

I must admit that I am not looking to do anything on your list right now. I am well past the age where gentlemen clubs have any appeal but the others are normal events for me. The covid virus stress is building in everybody, I get out to bars and restaurants occasionally and the curling club is just about ready to open for a sports outlet. Even with that the stress and anxiety still seems to slowly build up.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 27th, 2020 at 9:14:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Why is the US doomed TP?

Because CNN/MS tell him that.
They are infatuated with the
virus, until Nov 3rd. Then we'll
never hear of it again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2020 at 2:49:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I must admit that I am not looking to do anything on your list right now. I am well past the age where gentlemen clubs have any appeal but the others are normal events for me. The covid virus stress is building in everybody, I get out to bars and restaurants occasionally and the curling club is just about ready to open for a sports outlet. Even with that the stress and anxiety still seems to slowly build up.

Get out and do not let it bother you. I do not get these "we are doomed" people at all. Imagine if they had real stress. Great Depression. WWI, WWII, Civil War. Societal collapse like in Russia since the 1990s. These are real things! But to them if they cannot see their rock band or watch guys throw a ball around a field live then we are doomed?!
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2020 at 5:33:26 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Current CDC 'Best Estimate' of chances of dying from the virus if you get infected:

1 out of 34,000 for ages 0 to 19
1 out of 5,000 for ages 20 to 49
1 out of 200 for ages 50 to 69
1 out of 20 for ages 70 and up

Those numbers include people with pre-existing health issues.

Chances of a healthy person surviving, in any age group, are better.

"For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

90% of fatalities in NYC, have at least one co-morbidity.
September 28th, 2020 at 6:08:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Chances of a healthy person surviving, in any age group, are better.

Just surviving sucks big time
Have you checked the studies of long haulers
I want to live healthy the rest of my life, not just survive

Met some nice Trumpers in the RV park. No way they are getting in a crowd. This virus scares them like it scares me. They ae still voting for Trump.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2020 at 6:12:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Met some nice Trumpers in the RV park. No way they are getting in a crowd. This virus scares them like it scares me. They ae still voting for Trump.

My parents are the same. They like Trump, but they take the virus seriously.

They recently bought a house in the Smokies in TN, which is major Trump country. No one takes it seriously there. They went to a restaurant they really like. No social distancing, employees not wearing masks. They said they wouldn’t be going back cause they didn’t feel safe.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 28th, 2020 at 11:08:28 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Get out and do not let it bother you. I do not get these "we are doomed" people at all. Imagine if they had real stress. Great Depression. WWI, WWII, Civil War. Societal collapse like in Russia since the 1990s. These are real things! But to them if they cannot see their rock band or watch guys throw a ball around a field live then we are doomed?!
+100

Yep, I remember a Facebook post a few months ago that put everything in perspective. It said:
Quote:
Imagine you were born in 1900.

When you're 14, World War I begins and ends when you're 18 with 22 million dead.

Soon after a global pandemic, the Spanish Flu, appears, killing 50 million people. And you're alive and 20 years old.

When you're 29 you survive the global economic crisis that started with the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange, causing inflation, unemployment and famine.

When you're 33 years old the nazis come to power.

When you're 39, World War II begins and ends when you're 45 years old with a 60 million dead. In the Holocaust 6 million Jews die.

When you're 52, the Korean War begins.
When you're 64, the Vietnam War begins and ends when you're 75.

A child born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is, but they have survived several wars and catastrophes.
September 28th, 2020 at 1:33:47 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
My parents are the same. They like Trump, but they take the virus seriously.

They recently bought a house in the Smokies in TN, which is major Trump country. No one takes it seriously there. They went to a restaurant they really like. No social distancing, employees not wearing masks. They said they wouldn’t be going back cause they didn’t feel safe.

And I think that is great. Let your parents decide for themselves how to respond to a store or restaurant that is not acting like your parents want them to. And hopefully, they let the restaurant owner know this. Conversely, if someone else wants to enjoy the mask free restaurant, go for it. Apparently yesterday 4 deaths throughout New York State attributable to COVID-19. I think around 400 New Yorkers die each day of all causes. Not that 1% isn't significant, but to me it has reached a level here to allow individuals to decide for themselves their risk tolerance for activities.
September 29th, 2020 at 12:26:52 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
And I think that is great. Let your parents decide for themselves how to respond to a store or restaurant that is not acting like your parents want them to. And hopefully, they let the restaurant owner know this. Conversely, if someone else wants to enjoy the mask free restaurant, go for it. Apparently yesterday 4 deaths throughout New York State attributable to COVID-19. I think around 400 New Yorkers die each day of all causes. Not that 1% isn't significant, but to me it has reached a level here to allow individuals to decide for themselves their risk tolerance for activities.
+100

Amen!! And I don't see any posts from blocked members since you posted this, so it looks like he didn't even have the guts to reply to you. Typical libbie. 🤣🤣