No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 14th, 2020 at 7:36:47 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
I have not really seen them, but cutouts remind me of old-school Studio Wrestling.

Cutouts are the combover of 2020 MLB.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 15th, 2020 at 2:04:53 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: kenarman
I don't know why don't you ask the 'protestors/rioters' in the cities.
August 15th, 2020 at 2:55:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Shrek
I don't think these guys understand that the concern isn't about private businesses. It's about the government forcing private businesses to require people to do all of those things. Like in some states, businesses don't have a choice about masks. The government forces private businesses to require them.

Very true. Little known is that the Montgomery Bus Boycott could have ended in a couple weeks. The bus company was saying, "OK, we get your point" but the government forced them to keep segregated sections for a year over it. At the moment it is masks. But some of us see how they could well chip people and if you were not in line with what the government wants you could not do business.

Meanwhile so many people keep begging for rights to be taken away. The bans on gatherings are so totalitarian they should scare anyone who loves freedom to death. But so many people are begging for MORE bans. It makes me wonder if freedom really is a natural human urge.

Of course not. If it were, people would never have formed Governments to begin with. The most fundamental function of a Government is to control what people can or cannot do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 15th, 2020 at 4:22:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Of course not. If it were, people would never have formed Governments to begin with. The most fundamental function of a Government is to control what people can or cannot do.

I do not buy it from that angle. "Control" does not have to mean no freedoms. For example, I want the government to protect people from BLM violence such as blocking roads.

We are talking about people saying how good it is that there cannot be a gathering of people "for the greater good." And the so much of the population just accepting and even cheering for it. Mostly these seem to be the same types that love their HOA telling them what color they can paint their house. They want to be told how to live life.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2020 at 4:40:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I do not buy it from that angle. "Control" does not have to mean no freedoms. For example, I want the government to protect people from BLM violence such as blocking roads.

We are talking about people saying how good it is that there cannot be a gathering of people "for the greater good." And the so much of the population just accepting and even cheering for it. Mostly these seem to be the same types that love their HOA telling them what color they can paint their house. They want to be told how to live life.

Well, yes, exactly.

So, people are not supposed to be free to riot and destroy property lest they suffer consequences, not only from others, but also from a formalized entity—the Government. Otherwise, it would just be for the aggrieved partied and/or any inclined bystanders to handle the situation themselves.

So, you have a system in place. People will often be prevented from taking a certain action, or if they do, there are set penalties if apprehended.

I’m not saying this is, “Bad,” control, but it’s still control. Primary function of police? Keep people under control.

So, some people may argue that a certain type of control is, “Good,” while others argue that it’s “Bad.” Or, people can argue about certain control being, “Too much,” or an overreach.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 15th, 2020 at 4:59:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I am not making excuses at all. I am saying any intelligent person should be scared to death at the wholesale banning of gatherings.

I do not want to hear, "but you could do it online........." Doesn't matter. Such banning is the stuff of repression.

Those not are the kind of people that want to be told what to do and think so bad they will listen to anything.

Where have you been? Gather as much as you want! Call your gathering a BLM riot and there are no laws strong enough to stop you!
August 15th, 2020 at 9:13:43 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Where have you been? Gather as much as you want! Call your gathering a BLM riot and there are no laws strong enough to stop you!
August 15th, 2020 at 10:57:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Read a long science article yesterday
about how useless and dangerous
cloth masks are. They actually help
spread the virus by breaking the large
droplets an infected user exhales into
much smaller droplets when they
pass thru the mask fiber. These
small droplet can now pass thru the
cloth mask of someone not infected.

And the CDC and other 'professionals'
know this. Masks are purely political,
they're useless for anything else.

And where are all these dead people
at? 160,00 and nobody in my wife's fam
knows anyone, or has heard of anyone
dying from the virus. Yet 55,000 died
in Vietnam and everybody knew
somebody directly or indirectly
that was a casualty. I knew half
a dozen. Yet not one covid victim.
Something stinks here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 16th, 2020 at 3:51:18 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Read a long science article yesterday
about how useless and dangerous
cloth masks are. They actually help
spread the virus by breaking the large
droplets an infected user exhales into
much smaller droplets when they
pass thru the mask fiber. These
small droplet can now pass thru the
cloth mask of someone not infected.

And the CDC and other 'professionals'
know this. Masks are purely political,
they're useless for anything else.

And where are all these dead people
at? 160,00 and nobody in my wife's fam
knows anyone, or has heard of anyone
dying from the virus. Yet 55,000 died
in Vietnam and everybody knew
somebody directly or indirectly
that was a casualty. I knew half
a dozen. Yet not one covid victim.
Something stinks here.

Bob, do you think those pictures of dozens of makeshift ICUs in NYC hospitals were made up? That the 20 deaths per day in a hospital that averaged 3 a day before COVID-19 was phony? That the wiping out of a third of specific nursing homes was made up? If it is 160000 dead so far that is only 1 in 2000 Americans. Quite possible you don’t know one. I know one person who was on ventilator for two weeks but survived. And my sister and her family all had mild cases. So as far as the 160,000 number... you could be right that it is inflated. It could also be undercounted as well. There are motives for both. I think over counting is probably more likely, as hospitals did get extra money for being a COVID-19 hospital. So if you want to tell me you think it’s 120,000, not 160,000, I’d think you are unlikely but possibly correct. But I can’t fathom it’s less than 100,000 now. By the way, I never knew of nor heard my family talk about a single known person who died in Vietnam. I guess that means I should think that war never happened...
August 16th, 2020 at 4:10:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Bob, do you think those pictures of dozens of makeshift ICUs in NYC hospitals were made up? That the 20 deaths per day in a hospital that averaged 3 a day before COVID-19 was phony? That the wiping out of a third of specific nursing homes was made up? If it is 160000 dead so far that is only 1 in 2000 Americans. Quite possible you don’t know one. I know one person who was on ventilator for two weeks but survived. And my sister and her family all had mild cases. So as far as the 160,000 number... you could be right that it is inflated. It could also be undercounted as well. There are motives for both. I think over counting is probably more likely, as hospitals did get extra money for being a COVID-19 hospital. So if you want to tell me you think it’s 120,000, not 160,000, I’d think you are unlikely but possibly correct. But I can’t fathom it’s less than 100,000 now. By the way, I never knew of nor heard my family talk about a single known person who died in Vietnam. I guess that means I should think that war never happened...

The USA will never get rid of this virus
The right wing in this country thinks the virus is fake.
I have family in Taiwan.
The prevailing attitude among the population is that its your patriotic duty to wear your mask and fight this virus for the good of the country.
Taiwan will beat this virus. The USA will not
My relatives in Taiwan, who used to live in the USA, pity us.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"