No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 4th, 2020 at 6:30:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
Next time we get the chance to elect a failed businessman turned reality tv star we might wanna take a pass on that, mmkay?

Take a pass? We hit a home run by any standard this time!

It is hard to realistically imagine this China Virus crisis being managed any better. We have a few hot spots but most of the nation is not infected. We have had unbelievable aid packages passed in record time and getting to people and businesses. Trump is having daily briefings. Knocking questions out of the park when he can. Handing the more technical oriented ones to the experts. And putting reporters in their place for asking gotcha questions with no point.

He also said "NO WAY" to mail in balloting, citing fraud. He knows what is going on and is not afraid to say so.

Anyone hear yesterday? Reporters all hung up because somewhere Trump said "our ventilators." Instead of asking something important they are worried about the word "our."

Hopefully this virus kills off the lamestream media and something new grows in its place.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 6:49:47 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Hopefully this virus kills off the lamestream media and something new grows in its place.

Hopefully you are talking about the type of coverage being what is "killed" and not any people. Wanting people to die because you disagree with the way they cover the President would be indefensible.

I do agree that even the critical coverage should be based on actions more than words, but Trump is complicit in that process because he uses more words when less would work...and some of his words confuse the issues at hand. Maybe let the experts talk more. I have no issue with addressing snarky questions as what they are; the press has gotten away with asking them for years.
April 4th, 2020 at 7:20:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
Hopefully you are talking about the type of coverage being what is "killed" and not any people. Wanting people to die because you disagree with the way they cover the President would be indefensible.

Of course that is what I meant.

Quote:
I do agree that even the critical coverage should be based on actions more than words, but Trump is complicit in that process because he uses more words when less would work...and some of his words confuse the issues at hand. Maybe let the experts talk more. I have no issue with addressing snarky questions as what they are; the press has gotten away with asking them for years.

If I do have an issue when Trump speaks it is that he does this "repeating" thing when describing things. "It's very good people, doing very hard work, they are very good......." I know what he is doing, he is gathering his thoughts. Trump is not a teleprompter or script guy, he is an "off the cuff" guy. It could just be a bad habit he never tried to break. People have these.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 7:24:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
He also said "NO WAY" to mail in balloting, citing fraud. He knows what is going on and is not afraid to say so.

Donny and Melania voted by mail in 2018.

Of course the GOP is terrified of voting by mail. Not because of fraud. Because when more people are able to vote, THEY LOSE. Donny openly admitted this on Fox and Friends the other morning...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2020 at 8:01:05 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4

It is hard to realistically imagine this China Virus crisis being managed aAnyone hear yesterday? Reporters all hung up because somewhere Trump said "our ventilators." Instead of asking something important they are worried about the word "our."

Lol where do you get your news from? Because this isn’t even close.

Trump did not say that at all. Jared Kushner said something to the effect of “The federal stockpile is not to distribute to the states, it is ours.”

Which raises a pretty big question, who the hell is “ours” if not the American people who’s tax dollars funded the stockpile?

I am sure he means there’s ventilators and PPE stockpiled (with your money) for him and his well connected cronies.

JK is a sorry excuse for a leader and the absolute epitome of nepotism.
April 4th, 2020 at 8:21:10 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: gamerfreak
Lol where do you get your news from? Because this isn’t even close.

Trump did not say that at all. Jared Kushner said something to the effect of “The federal stockpile is not to distribute to the states, it is ours.”

Which raises a pretty big question, who the hell is “ours” if not the American people who’s tax dollars funded the stockpile?

I am sure he means there’s ventilators and PPE stockpiled (with your money) for him and his well connected cronies.

So you would have him distribute it to the states on demand? NYC would have them all now and no other state would get any.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 4th, 2020 at 8:50:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
So you would have him distribute it to the states on demand? NYC would have them all now and no other state would get any.

Sure would. Cuomo is a greedy and selfish SOB who cares about nothing not south of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 8:52:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: gamerfreak

I am sure you are completely incorrect. Turn off PMSNBC. In fact, turn off the news and take a break from the coverage. Watch some "Seinfeld" reruns.

Anyone getting hung up on "ours" is not fit to be in the WH Press Pool.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 9:29:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Take a pass? We hit a home run by any standard this time!

It is hard to realistically imagine this China Virus crisis being managed any better. We have a few hot spots but most of the nation is not infected. We have had unbelievable aid packages passed in record time and getting to people and businesses. Trump is having daily briefings. Knocking questions out of the park when he can. Handing the more technical oriented ones to the experts. And putting reporters in their place for asking gotcha questions with no point.

Anyone hear yesterday? Reporters all hung up because somewhere Trump said "our ventilators." Instead of asking something important they are worried about the word "our."

I saw the press conference and see it this way.... like kavanaugh, like impeachment, like Trump approval rating.... your political leaning will determine if you think he 'hit it out of the park' or 'struck out'.

I do enjoy thoroughly Trump's calling out the questions which sound like.. "When did you stop beating your wife?" I do cringe a little the way he does it, but the enjoyment overrides the cringing.

I wonder if Trump will ever get to this point.... "Madam reporter, i am not answering your questions anymore because you report fake news." Next question?
April 4th, 2020 at 9:30:49 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
deleted
Let's go Brandon