1 vote (8.33%)
2 votes (16.66%)
1 vote (8.33%)
No votes (0%)

12 members have voted

January 13th, 2020 at 12:26:16 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
I pitched this idea a long time ago, on a certain Gambling Website dear to all of our hearts. ;) "When a Poster is suspended, you should be able to click on their name and see exactly what they did to get suspended and how long they are suspended. And if banned permanently, see exactly why said person is banned permeantly. For example,"Nathan is suspended for three days for bumping up her own thread with the word "Bump." BlackjackPro is banned for being a Sock of Nathan. You wouldn't need a Suspension List if this were put into place. "The reply was something like,"That is actually a good idea, but we do not have the Software to do that for the time being."
January 13th, 2020 at 12:55:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: KNathan
"The reply was something like,"That is actually a good idea, but we do not have the Software to do that for the time being."

That is still the case. The software on both sites is all hand-rolled. I'm sure JB could make an automated form to handle suspensions, but this forum has yet to make $0.01 in revenue, so I'm not very inclined to dump more money into it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 13th, 2020 at 5:53:45 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Wizard
That is still the case. The software on both sites is all hand-rolled. I'm sure JB could make an automated form to handle suspensions, but this forum has yet to make $0.01 in revenue, so I'm not very inclined to dump more money into it.

But my idea is a good idea, right? :) I wonder how much a Software that allows Posters to click on Restricted Members names and see exactly why Member is Restricted Suspended and for how long and if banned permanently, exactly why they are banned permanently costs.
January 13th, 2020 at 6:13:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
But my idea is a good idea, right? :) I wonder how much a Software that allows Posters to click on Restricted Members names and see exactly why Member is Restricted Suspended and for how long and if banned permanently, exactly why they are banned permanently costs.

The thing is KN that most of the members of this forum don't give a s..t why.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 13th, 2020 at 6:28:45 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

As mentioned already, this site is completely hand-rolled. There is no software I can plop into it to enable that. Everything has to go through JB. If someone wants to give me the apx $2,500 this would cost, be my guest.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 13th, 2020 at 6:30:39 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: kenarman
The thing is KN that most of the members of this forum don't give a s..t why.

It would help Restricted Members at the very least know exactly why they are Restricted.
January 13th, 2020 at 6:34:10 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
It would help Restricted Members at the very least know exactly why they are Restricted.

Most of the members on this site are mature enough to know when they have come close to or crossed the line. They just accept that it is Mike's house and Mike's rules.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 13th, 2020 at 6:51:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Keep it a mystery, but give us 3 guesses.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2020 at 3:50:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Wiz can do that with an email and hyperlink, donate the saved $2500 to the dog shelter.

Current post and notify works fine.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2020 at 4:39:32 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: AZDuffman
Wiz can do that with an email and hyperlink, donate the saved $2500 to the dog shelter.

Current post and notify works fine.

Except at least one person only found out he was suspended after he could no longer post and asked on another Gambling website dear to our hearts if he had been suspended. I know of at least one person who tried to post on a recently CLOSED thread at the time on same website and mentioned thinking he had been suspended, LMAO! He said something like,"Earlier today, I posted in the "Is Trump A Good President?" Thread(Not the actual thread, just an example, ;) I went to work and on my break, I noticed I was replied to, so I tried to respond to that person and I could no longer do ANYTHING in that thread. I immediately begun to look to see if my name was in red and what I had done to be suspended. It turns out, the thread had been closed due to a lot of insults."

I can see why someone who is not suspended would be baffled on why they can no longer post on a certain thread.
Page 2 of 5<12345>