The 2010s, a decade full of immense progress.

Page 2 of 5<12345>
January 10th, 2020 at 5:56:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 12113
Quote: SOOPOO
Come on, Shrek.... Libbies never felt gays were treated like slaves, just denied the right to marry an adult they love. You define 'equal' as being able to marry a person of the opposite gender, I would define 'equal' as being able to marry any adult you want to.

You can argue the reasons you are not for legal gay marriage, but saying a gay man can marry any woman he wants to is a silly argument.


Not silly at all. They demanded an institution be changed for them.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 10th, 2020 at 5:59:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 23
Posts: 4948
Quote: AZDuffman
Not silly at all. They demanded an institution be changed for them.
But who wrote the rules?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 10th, 2020 at 6:44:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 141
Posts: 9401
The conception of a gay man being able to freely marry a woman, would be similar to blacks having the freedom to live in their own part of town apart from whites.

In another words, BS.
GOP terrified Trump can't beat old sleepy senile candidate
January 10th, 2020 at 6:46:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 23
Posts: 4948
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/24-cognitive-biases-warping-reality/
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 10th, 2020 at 7:36:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 12113
Quote: petroglyph
But who wrote the rules?


Was so obvious there was no need to write them.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 10th, 2020 at 7:36:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 12113
Quote: rxwine
The conception of a gay man being able to freely marry a woman, would be similar to blacks having the freedom to live in their own part of town apart from whites.

In another words, BS.


It would be BS if you chose to be Black. You choose who you want as a mate.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 10th, 2020 at 8:40:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 23
Posts: 4948
Quote: AZDuffman
Was so obvious there was no need to write them.
Seems to go back a long time
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 11th, 2020 at 12:37:22 AM permalink
Shrek
Member since: Aug 13, 2019
Threads: 3
Posts: 798
Quote: SOOPOO
You define 'equal' as being able to marry a person of the opposite gender, I would define 'equal' as being able to marry any adult you want to.

I'm talking about "equal" under the law. The libbie above said that gays didn't have any rights 10 years ago. I proved that they in fact were treated exactly the same under the law.
January 11th, 2020 at 12:39:27 AM permalink
Shrek
Member since: Aug 13, 2019
Threads: 3
Posts: 798
Quote: AZDuffman
Was so obvious there was no need to write them.
+1,000

Exactly! The concept of marriage was perfectly understood for 2,000+ years. Then the libbies came along and destroyed it in one fell swoop. 🙄
January 11th, 2020 at 2:51:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 13
Posts: 1143
Quote: SOOPOO
Come on, Shrek.... Libbies never felt gays were treated like slaves, just denied the right to marry an adult they love. You define 'equal' as being able to marry a person of the opposite gender, I would define 'equal' as being able to marry any adult you want to.

You can argue the reasons you are not for legal gay marriage, but saying a gay man can marry any woman he wants to is a silly argument.



For much of history gays were restricted from many jobs and positions, military, boy scouts, many private jobs that did not want gays, many religious positions....


The idea that gay people had full accsess to everything straight people did is absurd.

In fact until very recently they were probably the most discriminated group which is why the 2010s were so important to propel America into the future.
Page 2 of 5<12345>