Complete the text.

Page 1 of 212>
November 7th, 2019 at 1:22:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Holy crap this AI tool is pretty good or scary.

You're supposed to type a partial sentence.

This is what I typed.

The kind of music people like reflects

In about 10 seconds it came back with this.

Quote:
Completion
The kind of music people like reflects their values and lifestyles," says Steve Suggs of the British label Mute. "That's what this is. It's not a record for everyone." He points out that in the early 1990s, the "alternative" rock sound was mostly influenced by British and American bands like the Who and Roxy Music, and that the first albums by bands like the Velvet Underground and the Ramones sold over 100,000 copies and had been reissued in many countries, including the United States. The new wave of bands, including the Sex Pistols and the Pixies, reflected more progressive views. But the mainstreaming of music in the '80s and '90s, Suggs says, has made the music much less appealing to younger listeners. He also believes that the "new"

Prompt:
Generated completion:
Talk To Transformer.com

https://talktotransformer.com/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2019 at 1:24:55 PM permalink
rxwine
If you ask a direct question you may detect a BS answer easier, but the BS answer may still be better than what I've seen real people deliver.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2019 at 1:27:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Actually, not sure if it's really designed to answer, but more to complete a thought or idea.
November 7th, 2019 at 1:43:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I read something like 40% of FB replies were this kind of reply? Troll farms with AI may steer elections .

It creeps me out when my search engine is so uncanny and autofills my search's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 7th, 2019 at 8:42:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Trying various ideas

Quote:
I once had a cowboy in my bathtub and a cow in the shower. It was very weird and I don't want to think about it ever again. I know what it was like when I was that age, I'd watch all the old black and white westerns and I was always wondering what was going on with the cows in those films. And what about all the animals who don't have human beings around?

The cow was just a part of the landscape, and to me the cow's the ultimate animal being, she's not human or anything, she's just another animal. And in the film, she's not going to eat anyone, and then the film just goes back to that and that's the whole thing. You get to see these creatures and the way they think, the way they feel, the way they interact with their environment. That was kind of the whole idea behind the film, it wasn't just the cow, it was about what that animal was thinking.
November 7th, 2019 at 9:28:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I tried it and the result was pure
BS nonsense. It searches for
published sentences with the
key words in them and then
strings them together.
Incoherently.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 7th, 2019 at 10:07:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
I tried it and the result was pure
BS nonsense. It searches for
published sentences with the
key words in them and then
strings them together.
Incoherently.

I just put your first sentence in, and it sounds just like you. I didn't put atheist in, it just came up with that subject.

Quote:
I tried it and the result was pure BS nonsense. I didn't even bother to read it because I knew it was the worst article I would ever read in my entire life. I've even seen the same article being promoted by the most popular atheist site on the internet, atheistnews.org.

I don't see why atheists should bother to read this crap. There's no point, because they're not getting any more truth from it than I am from this stupid story.

It makes me sick to my stomach. And it makes me want to do something about it.

I've been doing the best I can. I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I've tried to educate atheists on the dangers of believing anything that is just made up by an author with no basis in reality, and I've tried to expose their hypocrisy.

There are people who are trying to silence me, and if they can, they'll do it. They will use all the tricks they
November 8th, 2019 at 5:27:32 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Scary weird.

This banana tastes like ...

... it had been in there for a long time. I'd say it's been a while, which is the only way this banana could taste like it's been in there for a long time. That banana smell I mentioned? This banana smelled more like banana cookies. I'm not kidding. That scent was like that banana smell you get at the end of summer, but the smell was strong and it burned all day.

I didn't get the flavor I thought I would, but I did get some banana cookies. So the flavor was decent. This banana tasted pretty bad. I mean, I'd say it was pretty good in the beginning. Then the banana taste took over, and then there was a really strong banana taste. Then after a while, I got like a burnt, stale, burnt, stale, burnt banana smell that wasn't pleasant. It burned like hell and it wasn't pretty. The texture was also terrible. The banana was dry
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
November 8th, 2019 at 11:12:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Scary weird.

This banana tastes like ...

It's rambling incoherent nonsense. It's
not AI, it's picking random sentences
with the key words in them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 8th, 2019 at 11:49:25 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I was curious if it was more intelligent than many of the protest letters we would receive. It has some very specific details in the answer which seems more like a search engine.

Quote: Low frequency sound bothers marine mammals because ...
it's harder to hear, and they may not be able to communicate effectively to each other. They might be unable to locate mates and offspring, for example. But high-frequency sounds can cause a different kind of distress: They can disrupt the animals' central nervous system and cause loss of memory and coordination. This happens most often in calves.

In the latest research, published in the journal Frontiers in Zoology, scientists led by the University of St. Andrews and the University of Stirling examined how dolphins and orcas respond to high-frequency sounds.

The study involved six groups of bottlenose dolphins, as well as two different orcas: the killer whale (Orcinus orca) and the grey whale.

In one of the experiments, dolphins listened to the whale's high-frequency calls for 10 to 20 minutes a day for five weeks. In another experiment, the dolphins were exposed to both the whale's high...
Page 1 of 212>