Attention APs

September 28th, 2019 at 9:33:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I just benefited from having less than 2 dollars charged to my discover credit card

they waived it, don't have to pay it

googling it, seems as though some people are leaving such a small balance on purpose now, on various cards etc ... so I'm thinking it won't last. Better take advantage now, ye APs !

unhappily, for an old timer like me, it's just another reminder of how inflation has made a dollar not much of anything

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/small-balance-waiver-a-k-a-lots-of-free-99-cent-amazon-gcs/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 28th, 2019 at 10:36:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
I just benefited from having less than 2 dollars charged to my discover credit card

they waived it, don't have to pay it

googling it, seems as though some people are leaving such a small balance on purpose now, on various cards etc ... so I'm thinking it won't last. Better take advantage now, ye APs !

unhappily, for an old timer like me, it's just another reminder of how inflation has made a dollar not much of anything

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/small-balance-waiver-a-k-a-lots-of-free-99-cent-amazon-gcs/

I have no idea what any of this means.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2019 at 11:03:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It probably costs them more than $2 to process the payment.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 28th, 2019 at 12:55:30 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I always have my bill mailed to me, so they had to do that

Bob, it means if your bill for the month is less than some amount, $2 for discover in my case, you may get a credit and have to pay zero. That's news to me. It's going to be hard to get rich now that I know it, too.

I charged something online , it wasn't in person or I probably would have paid cash
September 28th, 2019 at 2:29:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Link appears to be broken?

But, it sounds like you had such a low balance, billing and processing would not be worth it. Or maybe you had some sort of cashback applied to your balance?
September 28th, 2019 at 5:16:06 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Gandler
Link appears to be broken?
go back to the original, and not the quoted, link

Quote:
But, it sounds like you had such a low balance, billing and processing would not be worth it. Or maybe you had some sort of cashback applied to your balance?
they sent me a bill in the mail showing a balance of zero after giving me a credit.

It wasn't cashback.

It may be a matter of a gesture to a good customer. I'm sure if you make a habit of it they catch on fast, on the other hand it could never amount to much money.
September 28th, 2019 at 5:32:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: odiousgambit
go back to the original, and not the quoted, link

they sent me a bill in the mail showing a balance of zero after giving me a credit.

It wasn't cashback.

It may be a matter of a gesture to a good customer. I'm sure if you make a habit of it they catch on fast, on the other hand it could never amount to much money.

You are right it does work in the original post. That seems to confirm that Discover does not process balances under 2 dollars.