Israel deny entry for American congresswomen

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
November 7th, 2019 at 4:02:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Israel should govern the whole territory and make everyone a citizen. I know this would make it a Jewish minority country (which they don't want) so this is wishful thinking. There is a reason Arabic and Islamic Isreal citizens are far happier than Palestinians (not a race issue).

You cannot make equal citizens of a group of people who want to destroy you.
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2019 at 5:03:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
You cannot make equal citizens of a group of people who want to destroy you.

You can try. Or give people the chance to leave.
I think one state would solve a lot of problems.
November 7th, 2019 at 5:17:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You can try. Or give people the chance to leave.
I think one state would solve a lot of problems.

You would have to be suicidal to try. Clearly you do not understand the hate and racism of the Palestinians. These are not people who can be dealt with. Do you not remember they destroyed rather than used greenhouses in Gaza because the Israelis built them?

As to leaving, nobody wants them, and with good reason (see above.)

They have had chance after chance. Who said they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity?

Easy for you to say "one state would solve a lot of problems." You are not one of the ones who would instantly be outnumbered in your own country.

Instead of trying to build Gaza up, they fire rockets or send their children to blow themselves up in Israel. Israelis teach their kids to make a great life for themselves. Palestinians teach their kids to hate Jews.
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2019 at 5:38:16 PM permalink
Gandler
You would have to be suicidal to try. Clearly you do not understand the hate and racism of the Palestinians. These are not people who can be dealt with. Do you not remember they destroyed rather than used greenhouses in Gaza because the Israelis built them?

As to leaving, nobody wants them, and with good reason (see above.)

They have had chance after chance. Who said they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity?

Easy for you to say "one state would solve a lot of problems." You are not one of the ones who would instantly be outnumbered in your own country.

Instead of trying to build Gaza up, they fire rockets or send their children to blow themselves up in Israel. Israelis teach their kids to make a great life for themselves. Palestinians teach their kids to hate Jews.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

But, the reason most Palestinians behave that way is because of their governments. If you remove the layer that has been systematically brainwashing them over time it would get better.

The current two state solution is not working.

I do think Isreal controlling more territory is a good thing both for Israel and ME stability (hence America).

It is easy for me to say. But, I am also willing to put my money where my mouth is (I would love to join the IDF, but I do not meet the religious criteria). I am not somebody who is afraid of being on the ground in movements that I support.

Unity would be rough at first, but I think One Isreal would be a longterm good action. The best way to destroy your enemy is make them your friend. Islamic Israelis love Isreal, so could Palestinians if they integrate.
November 8th, 2019 at 2:55:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I don't disagree with anything you said.

But, the reason most Palestinians behave that way is because of their governments. If you remove the layer that has been systematically brainwashing them over time it would get better.

The current two state solution is not working.

I do think Isreal controlling more territory is a good thing both for Israel and ME stability (hence America).

It is easy for me to say. But, I am also willing to put my money where my mouth is (I would love to join the IDF, but I do not meet the religious criteria). I am not somebody who is afraid of being on the ground in movements that I support.

Unity would be rough at first, but I think One Isreal would be a longterm good action. The best way to destroy your enemy is make them your friend. Islamic Israelis love Isreal, so could Palestinians if they integrate.

You talk like you are sitting in the Faculty Lounge. The real world is not the Faculty Lounge.

Unity would be "rough at first?" Unity would be a CIVIL WAR from day one. Immediately Palestinians would begin killing every Israeli they could and destroying anything of value in Israel. It would not end until every Jew was killed or driven away. You cannot make someone who professes your elimination from the face of the earth your friend.

Two-state does not work because the Palestinians do not want it to work. Look at who they elect. Look at who they throw in with.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2019 at 7:42:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
You talk like you are sitting in the Faculty Lounge. The real world is not the Faculty Lounge.

Unity would be "rough at first?" Unity would be a CIVIL WAR from day one. Immediately Palestinians would begin killing every Israeli they could and destroying anything of value in Israel. It would not end until every Jew was killed or driven away. You cannot make someone who professes your elimination from the face of the earth your friend.

Two-state does not work because the Palestinians do not want it to work. Look at who they elect. Look at who they throw in with.

Good summary. Iran has a GOAL of wiping Israel off the face of the earth. How do you find any common ground when that is the starting point?
November 8th, 2019 at 5:46:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
Good summary. Iran has a GOAL of wiping Israel off the face of the earth. How do you find any common ground when that is the starting point?

Many countries have the goal of wiping Israel. Iran is one of the more open ones.

Israel expanding territory would do more to limit Iran's power than allowing a gray space where Iranian proxies are pumped in to cause chaos....

If you think Two State does not work, and you think One State would not work, what solution would there be?

If you think we should be more proactive against Iran, I agree, probably more aggressively than most (I think we need more military bases around Iran and more restrictions, and more on the ground proactive regime change agents), but that does not answer what to do with Israeli territories....

Iran is a huge threat, but allowing Hamas free reign over Gaza raises their power..... There is a direct connection between the two, it is not a far out conspiracy.....
November 9th, 2019 at 5:54:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman

If you think Two State does not work, and you think One State would not work, what solution would there be?

In our lifetime there probably is not one. The Palestinians clearly prefer to live in a de facto prison rather than co-exist with Israel. So it is like trying to deal with a demented, whacked-out lifer in a prison. A guy like that can just be locked out and isolated from gen pop since you cannot get him to behave.

The Palestinians have to help themselves.
The President is a fink.
Page 8 of 8« First<5678