I apologize for using the C word to Babs.

Page 2 of 4<1234>
June 12th, 2019 at 12:46:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
But am I allowed to talk about it on this very thread? :)

Might be best to drop the whole thing and move on.
The President is a fink.
June 12th, 2019 at 1:51:12 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Quote: Wizard
I'd like to resume the policy of not bringing WoV dirty laundry here.

That's a hard no.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 12th, 2019 at 2:16:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

Perhaps you're joking, but I agree with AZD, I advise you to just move on. I hate closing threads, but will, if forced.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 12th, 2019 at 8:07:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/first-assange-then-us/

"Even if Julian were odious, which he is not, even if he carried out a sexual offense, which he did not, even if he was a poor houseguest—a bizarre term for a man trapped in a small room for nearly seven years under house arrest—which he was not, it would make no difference. Julian is not being persecuted for his vices. He is being persecuted for his virtues."

"There is nothing like the boot of the oppressor on your neck to give you moral clarity."

The thought police are coming Chris Hedges
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 13th, 2019 at 5:12:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/first-assange-then-us/

"Even if Julian were odious, which he is not, even if he carried out a sexual offense, which he did not, even if he was a poor houseguest—a bizarre term for a man trapped in a small room for nearly seven years under house arrest—which he was not, it would make no difference. Julian is not being persecuted for his vices. He is being persecuted for his virtues."

"There is nothing like the boot of the oppressor on your neck to give you moral clarity."

The thought police are coming Chris Hedges

lol... I think you've got the wrong thread.

UNLESS, you're implying that Nathan is really Julian Assange. It could explain a lot...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 28th, 2019 at 7:06:38 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
The truth is, I honestly had no idea how bad that C word was when I said it. I was just sprouting off random cusswords and was just "Yelling," my head off when I was doing that stupid rant and only looked it up on Google AFTERWARDS when I saw how shocked Posters were. I knew I messed up badly and unreservedly hurt Babs so much when I saw that I had inadvertently used the most hateful word in the English Language, even worse than the F Word. Wow. That definitely shocked me myself. I hate that rant so much and I am truly sorry for ever saying it. It shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. I apologize for every word in that rant especially since Babs didn't deserve that and she is in the right... Babs has helped me out so much and I was being selfish and self centered and doing things I absolutely shouldn't have been doing. I am so sorry I have hurt you Babs...
October 28th, 2019 at 9:01:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The truth is, I honestly had no idea how bad that C word was when I said it. I was just sprouting off random cusswords and was just "Yelling," my head off when I was doing that stupid rant and only looked it up on Google AFTERWARDS when I saw how shocked Posters were. I knew I messed up badly and unreservedly hurt Babs so much when I saw that I had inadvertently used the most hateful word in the English Language, even worse than the F Word. Wow. That definitely shocked me myself. I hate that rant so much and I am truly sorry for ever saying it. It shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. I apologize for every word in that rant especially since Babs didn't deserve that and she is in the right... Babs has helped me out so much and I was being selfish and self centered and doing things I absolutely shouldn't have been doing. I am so sorry I have hurt you Babs...

For the second time, drop the whole thing and get on with life. This is four months now and you bring it back up why exactly? Do you feel some need to be "friends" with Babs? I ain't at all speaking for her, but my prediction is ain't gonna happen. The rest of this board has gotten about our lives. Nobody cares much less worries about it. Well, EB informed me he worries about it between 3:00:00 and 3:00:02 on the 6th Tuesday of the month.

If your goal is simply to be taken more serious on the board, just join in threads and offer something. Note how established members act, and emulate but not copy.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2019 at 9:10:51 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
The truth is, ...
Quote:
I hate that rant so much and I am truly sorry for ever saying it. It shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. I apologize for every word in that rant especially since Babs didn't deserve that and she is in the right... Babs has helped me out so much and I was being selfish and self centered and doing things I absolutely shouldn't have been doing. I am so sorry I have hurt you Babs...

You already had the hard NO from Face and a folow up advisory from Wizard.
We get it. You regret losing posting rights there. Get over it.
October 28th, 2019 at 10:35:12 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I thought it was a good apology, made with no expectation of getting anything in return.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 28th, 2019 at 11:12:20 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
You do realize Google has the definition wrong don't you? If it were actually about female genitalia, I don't think it would get near the reaction it has in public discourse over the last 50 or so years.

Of the other slang words used to describe the same body part, people might be a little offended but not go ballistic. And I don't think that's how you intended it's meaning during this event you continue to revisit after, as AZ said, the rest of the world has gone on with their lives.

Attitude.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 2 of 4<1234>