burial in a mushroom suit

Page 1 of 212>
May 4th, 2019 at 6:41:14 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Actor Luke Perry was buried in a special suit made of mushrooms that quickly decompose the body in an environmentally friendly way. The Infinity Burial Suit is a breakthrough in eco-friendly, green funeral options. It returns your body to the earth without harming the environment. The price is a mere $1500.

Personally, I want to buried in a polyster leisure suit that keeps me going for a few years.
May 4th, 2019 at 11:53:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Just hope I'm completely dead before being buried.

I think there was a Twilight Zone or similar show, where a guy has to hide in a coffin with a dead body. I think he is hiding from police. Unfortunately he stays in too long and gets buried with the dead body.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2019 at 2:25:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Then leave no instructions otherwise with the funeral home, who will have you embalmed.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 5th, 2019 at 6:25:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Fear of burial alive was deeply rooted in Western culture in the nineteenth century, and Edgar Allen Poe was taking advantage of the public's fascination with it when he wrote the story "The Premature Burial" in 1844.

In this period, coffins occasionally were equipped with emergency devices to allow the "corpse" to call for help, should he or she turn out to be still living.

It was such a strong concern, Victorians even organized a Society for the Prevention of People Being Buried Alive.

The Alfred Hitchcock story that you are referring to in 1964 was called "Final Escape" and tries to give the fear a more plausible basis. A convict is buried in the coffin with a corpse, but he makes plans for his friend to dig him up. Naturally, once he is under ground he makes a grisly discovery.

May 5th, 2019 at 7:11:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I think there was a Twilight Zone or similar show, where a guy has to hide in a coffin with a dead body. I think he is hiding from police. Unfortunately he stays in too long and gets buried with the dead body.

There is one where it is a woman who is trying to escape from prison, rich girl type. Cons some old black guy who works there to help her escape. His plan is she hides in the coffin next time the "death bell" rings. He will later come and get her. She does not realize until buried that he is dead in it with her. Dopey to the end she lights a match to see who it is.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2019 at 8:18:28 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
There is one where it is a woman who is trying to escape from prison, rich girl type. Cons some old black guy who works there to help her escape.

That was the 21 year remake of Alfred Hitchcock Present's “Final Escape” (21 Feb 1964 remade 28 October 1985) where they did a gender switch.
May 5th, 2019 at 1:48:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
That was the 21 year remake of Alfred Hitchcock Present's “Final Escape” (21 Feb 1964 remade 28 October 1985) where they did a gender switch.

You are probably right, all I remember is rich chick in the can trying to escape and conned the old black guy by breaking his glasses.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2019 at 1:57:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I think I would like a funeral pyre.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 5th, 2019 at 9:07:43 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I recall hearing stories of Civil War era coffins being exhumed, and scratch marks were discovered inside the coffins. Speculation was, badly injured or concussed soldiers were assumed to be dead, and would be hastily boxed and buried before the decomposition got too bad.
May 6th, 2019 at 11:20:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Ayecarumba
I recall hearing stories of Civil War era coffins being exhumed, and scratch marks were discovered inside the coffins. Speculation was, badly injured or concussed soldiers were assumed to be dead, and would be hastily boxed and buried before the decomposition got too bad.

You could conceivably be unconscious after certain injuries.

So, if you did wake, it would be pitch black, extremely quiet if you're deep enough, and possibly extremely hot. If you're packed inside a closed box your own body would heat it up. I assume CO2 buildup would soon take you back out permanently if you weren't dying already from injury. Meanwhile ENJOY!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 212>