Visit with the Wizard!

Page 1 of 3123>
April 29th, 2019 at 5:53:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I was so excited! Soon after Easter a real life celebrity came to visit me! It was kind of surreal that the Wizard stopped by and I got to meet him in person. The internet can be pretty neat. It was so cool that I got to give him a quick tour of the place where I work and the chapel. We sat and talked and the Wizard himself showed me a couple of card tricks - it was awesome! He is such a good guy. Thanks so much Mike and stop by anytime!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 30th, 2019 at 3:57:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
I was so excited! Soon after Easter a real life celebrity came to visit me! It was kind of surreal that the Wizard stopped by and I got to meet him in person. The internet can be pretty neat. It was so cool that I got to give him a quick tour of the place where I work and the chapel. We sat and talked and the Wizard himself showed me a couple of card tricks - it was awesome! He is such a good guy. Thanks so much Mike and stop by anytime!

I didn't know Michael was visiting the Vatican. lol

Kidding aside, indeed awesome thing for him to do. Nice way to cap off your Easter, which I hope was equally awesome.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2019 at 3:24:48 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: AZDuffman
I didn't know Michael was visiting the Vatican. lol

Kidding aside, indeed awesome thing for him to do. Nice way to cap off your Easter, which I hope was equally awesome.

Thanks AZ!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 1st, 2019 at 6:20:21 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I just got back home yesterday. Thanks again for meeting with me last Wednesday, Padre. It was great to finally meet you. Here is a picture of us.

I'd like to say that in person, FrG is very friendly and down to earth. Often laughing and very upbeat. He truly is a good representative to his faith, which is not something I often say.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 1st, 2019 at 6:22:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Love the terrapin hoodie
Go Terps :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2019 at 1:00:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
He truly is a good representative to his faith, which is not something I often say.

You know lots of clergy who are
bad representatives of their faith?
I don't know a single one. They
all do what they're told to do very
well.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2019 at 1:32:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
well.

You seem to know a lot of ex-priests so I wonder what you mean here?
May 1st, 2019 at 2:02:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You somewhat resemble a more svelte Friar Tuck.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 1st, 2019 at 2:08:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
well.

I would say Jim Baker and Al Sharpton are bad representatives of their faith.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2019 at 2:16:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
You somewhat resemble a more svelte Friar Tuck.

First time ever called svelte, thanks!
Page 1 of 3123>