Homeless

April 16th, 2019 at 10:44:42 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So as I was coming back from court on the subway a few minutes ago, a homeless guy made an announcement on the train that his family was hungry and requested donations from people on the train -- during this speech, his cell phone rang, he looked. at hit, and hit mute and got back to the begging at hand

WTF‽
April 16th, 2019 at 10:46:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
So as I was coming back from court on the subway a few minutes ago, a homeless guy made an announcement on the train that his family was hungry and requested donations from people on the train -- during this speech, his cell phone rang, he looked. at hit, and hit mute and got back to the begging at hand

WTF‽

Record low unemployment and he has no money?
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2019 at 10:51:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
- during this speech, his cell phone rang, he looked. at hit, and hit mute and got back to the begging at hand
WTF‽

He's an idiot, that's why he's homeless.
A lot of them are professional victims,
talking to them is like talking to an
inmate in a mental ward. Try not to
apply reason to what they do. You're
just a mark to them, you're a 'have'
and they are pro 'have not's'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2019 at 11:48:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
cell phones do not mea the guy is not homeless, welfare gives cheapie phones to the homeless.
April 16th, 2019 at 12:48:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
cell phones do not mea the guy is not homeless, welfare gives cheapie phones to the homeless.

They're called Obama Phones, buy Bush
is the one who started the program.
Free prepaid phones.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2019 at 1:56:42 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

The Federal Communication Commission implemented the Lifeline benefit program for income-eligible consumers in 1984. That program had two parts:
Lifeline Assistance, which provided discounts on basic monthly landline telephone service at the primary residence of qualified telephone subscribers, and
Lifeline Link-Up, which provided discounts on the initial installation fee for landline telephone service at the primary residence of qualified telephone subscribers.

The Lifeline program has been expanded to include wireless technology. Only because they expanded so much in 2009, they came to be called "Obama Phones"

The federal subsidy is limited to $9.25 per household per month, but many states add additional subsidies. The prepaid cell phone providers are motivated to give away free phones with very limited service. Typically that would be unlimited texting, 1000 voice minutes, and 1 GB of data for searches and map location data for the federal subsidy. The cell phone companies make a profit because the users can upgrade (example unlimited voice minutes for another $15 a month).

Cell providers have more or less discontinued most ultra cheap commercial service plans that people use for emergencies as Obama phones are more profitable.

My father has a Verizon plan at $5 a month which gives him 20 minutes, my mother has a Verizon plan which gives you 300 minutes or texts for $15 a month, and I have a Virgin Mobile/Walmart plan with unlimited voice minutes and 500 texts for $20 a month. None of these three plans are available anymore, but as long as they don't discontinue them we will keep the plans.

Page Plus Cellular (owned by Tracfone) is one of the few commercial services left for ultra cheap.
$10 for 166 MINUTES good for 120 days
Monthly $12 ($10 with Auto Refill) 500 minutes 500 texts 100 MB 4G LTE data
April 16th, 2019 at 2:25:14 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

He had a nice Otterbox case on it

I did not state he wasn't homeless
April 16th, 2019 at 4:51:11 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Record low unemployment and he has no money?
Don't be too worried about him, he has plenty of money. And he has a job.