Mother, brother and sister make a baby

March 31st, 2019 at 8:03:40 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A grandmother just gave birth to baby she carried for her gay son and his husband. Her daughter donated the egg and it was her sons sperm. I guess I am a bigot but this just seems wrong on so many levels. We have a brother and sister's genes making the baby and the risk of genetic damage or diseases that involves. We have a post menopausal women carrying the baby which can be risky. Can you imagine how many levels the fights will be on if things go sideways in any of the marriage or family relationships?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 31st, 2019 at 8:20:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
A grandmother just gave birth to baby she carried for her gay son and his husband. Her daughter donated the egg and it was her sons sperm. I guess I am a bigot but this just seems wrong on so many levels. We have a brother and sister's genes making the baby and the risk of genetic damage or diseases that involves. We have a post menopausal women carrying the baby which can be risky. Can you imagine how many levels the fights will be on if things go sideways in any of the marriage or family relationships?

Egh, I had to read that second sentence three times to make sure I was reading it right.

I feel very sorry for that kid.

I cannot believe that any reputable doctor would get involved with that kind of mess.
The President is a fink.
March 31st, 2019 at 8:27:16 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Future-Proofing my career
March 31st, 2019 at 8:58:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
We have a brother and sister's genes making the baby and the risk of genetic damage or diseases that involves.
It is more a social taboo due to potential genetic problems. Father/uncle daughter is much more of an immediate problem.
March 31st, 2019 at 10:55:50 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Her daughter donated the egg and it was her sons sperm.

You have that wrong. It was her daughter-in-law who donated the egg and it was her son's sperm.

If any doctor created a baby from brother and sister sperm, he would not only lose his medical license, but he should be brought up on criminal charges. That level of consanguinity would have an incredibly high probability of inheriting a genetic disease.

The most famous result of inbreeding in hisory was Carlos The Hexed. He had 14 generations of cousin marriages and three uncle-niece marriages in his family tree, which cumulatively gave him a consanguinity index as high as if he had been born to a brother sister union. His plentiful genetic diseases and inability to procreate led to the greatest war of the 18th century.
March 31st, 2019 at 11:19:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Pacomartin
You have that wrong. It was her daughter-in-law who donated the egg and it was her son's sperm.

If any doctor created a baby from brother and sister sperm, he would not only lose his medical license, but he should be brought up on criminal charges. That level of consanguinity would have an incredibly high probability of inheriting a genetic disease.

The most famous result of inbreeding in hisory was Carlos The Hexed. He had 14 generations of cousin marriages and three uncle-niece marriages in his family tree, which cumulatively gave him a consanguinity index as high as if he had been born to a brother sister union. His plentiful genetic diseases and inability to procreate led to the greatest war of the 18th century.

I listened to it on my morning TV news and both my wife and I thought that they said it was her daughter, just asked my wife again. I checked it on-line now and what I found was that it was her sons husbands sister who donated the eggs. Not sure that is a daughter-in-law but much better genetically. Even provides 50% of the second Dads genes. You found something different who really knows now I guess. Maybe it was supposed to be a secret.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin