Online dating 2019

Page 3 of 6<123456>
February 20th, 2019 at 12:30:34 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Reminds me why I have just given up. Last I tried looking was maybe 10 years ago now. Talked and talked to one online, never wanted to meet. Bring it up and she goes nuts. Asked more about where she worked and she went nuts. Send out 10 greetings and get maybe one reply.

I did work next to one who was all over all the dating sites. And we all knew she was mostly out for free dinners. She did tell how she hooked up with this one or that one from time to time. But we saw what was going on. She gave off a crazy vibe like you would not believe.

Ger one of those dining club cards for when you do meet them out somewhere. The ones who think you are cheap are not worth it.

This is standard for online dating in my previous experience. Men generally are a lot less fussy that women so will send out messages a lot more willingly. As a result women are inundated with so many messages that it’s not practical to reply to them all. They will quickly scan the profile and ignore those they are not attracted to. I agree it’s frustrating and they could easily have a standard template reply for those they don’t want to chat to (thanks for your message but unfortunately you’re not what I’m looking for. Best of luck in your search etc) which would at least provide a level of common curtesy.
February 20th, 2019 at 12:52:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Wish having a dog made sense for me. .

If you have a cute dog in a dog
park, women accept that you're
a great guy. Truth..

Go to church. My son found his
wife that way. 10 years ago he
decided he wanted a family, he
was a captain in the AF. He started
going to church and soon found
a gorgeous well educated woman
to marry. They have two kids and
he's a pilot for AA now.

Church is full of great women if
you can tolerate the religion. I
do, and I'm an atheist.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 20th, 2019 at 12:54:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Aussie
This is standard for online dating in my previous experience. Men generally are a lot less fussy that women so will send out messages a lot more willingly. As a result women are inundated with so many messages that it’s not practical to reply to them all. They will quickly scan the profile and ignore those they are not attracted to. I agree it’s frustrating and they could easily have a standard template reply for those they don’t want to chat to (thanks for your message but unfortunately you’re not what I’m looking for. Best of luck in your search etc) which would at least provide a level of common curtesy.

One plus for the guys is if you want to go to something live like speed dating they are generally short guys. Not that there are more women to choose from, but speed dating, volunteer dating, they are always oversubscribed by women and short men. Women get wait listed, men can call at the last minute and be put on.

Still doesn't mean the women are serious, just that you can show up to be rejected.
The President is a fink.
February 20th, 2019 at 3:40:00 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Before my dog passed on, I would always take him to the dog park - I would talk to plenty of women but, they were usually their with their kids and/or had a wedding ring on - additionally, a few of them said they would love to set me up with one of their friends - who happened to be dudes -- the women said I was too "well dressed" to be straight
February 20th, 2019 at 6:27:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Lots of single women go to dog
parks too, they don't have husbands
or kids to walk the dog for them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 21st, 2019 at 9:48:33 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

His paws look big, and his head looks big. He is going to be a giant. (don't know, just common talk I've heard)

He is part German Shepard and part Golden Retriever. We are assuming he will only be around 60 pounds or so.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 21st, 2019 at 10:31:12 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: aceofspades
the women said I was too "well dressed" to be straight

That's one of those darned if you do, darned if you don't things. Women go on and on about their boyfriend being well dressed, but then they assume a well-dressed man is gay.

The sitcom, Happy Endings had a character, Max Blum, played by Adam Pally who tried to break stereotypes. He was a chubby slob who dressed horribly.
May 9th, 2019 at 7:19:01 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Here we go again:

May 9th, 2019 at 7:28:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
Here we go again:

It seems like a reasonable request when/if a guy finds a female that interests him, to be able to read her posts to the dating sites.

I still recommend quality prostitutes. It is the most honest relationship you [not u] will ever have. Without having to go through all the bullcrap, the lies, and crushed hope.

"When it all gets totaled up at the end, it was cheaper to eat every meal out, and buy every piece of sex"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 9th, 2019 at 10:01:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I would assume that the request for 'cash so I can buy formula' is her standard initial request for money but that it routinely escalates to whatever she can milk a guy for.
Page 3 of 6<123456>