Woman enraged on flight for having to sit between two self-proclaimed "plus-sized" people

Page 2 of 3<123>
Poll
3 votes (75%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

January 29th, 2019 at 6:55:12 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
If you purchase a seat - you should get use of your entire seat - not ¾ of a seat or ½ a seat because someone else is encroaching on it with their thighs under the armrest or their back onto the upper part of the seat -- seats should have dividers and if you cannot fit within the divider, you must purchase a second seat
January 29th, 2019 at 10:28:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
WHY didn't squished woman clam it was sexually motivated contact they were having with her????
January 29th, 2019 at 10:45:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I once sat next to a body builder who was squeezing me out with his guns. : /

Also sat next to a woman who was probably 400lbs. The nasty thing was my arm sleeve was covered with sweat. Hers, mine, both.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 29th, 2019 at 10:57:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
now we all know why private and semi private charters are booming.

where is BBB and her Cessna Caravan when we really need her????
January 29th, 2019 at 3:07:59 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: ams288
...Whenever I fly Southwest, I always watch for any "customers of size" who are pre-boarding. Then I try to sit in their row on the plane because I know the middle seat will be empty.

I'm not following... You purposely try to sit in the same row as the XL folks? I don't understand why.
January 29th, 2019 at 3:13:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ayecarumba
I'm not following... You purposely try to sit in the same row as the XL folks? I don't understand why.

I follow
If the flight is not sold out then that middle seat will remain empty. Got stretch room.
A middle seat next to a real big person is the last seat to be taken on a WN (southwest 2 letter code) flight
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 29th, 2019 at 4:25:38 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Whenever I fly Southwest, I always watch for any "customers of size" who are pre-boarding. Then I try to sit in their row on the plane because I know the middle seat will be empty.

That's pretty clever, but it isn't so clever to blog these tricks. Things have a way of disseminating on the web rapidly, and next time there will three or four of you chubby-chasing for seats.

January 29th, 2019 at 4:38:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I thought he wanted in the middle to keep warm.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 29th, 2019 at 5:43:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I had sex with a girl decades ago one time,
that was the size of the girl in the picture.
It was not a pleasant experience.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 30th, 2019 at 4:38:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I once sat next to a body builder who was squeezing me out with his guns. : /

Also sat next to a woman who was probably 400lbs. The nasty thing was my arm sleeve was covered with sweat. Hers, mine, both.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/sexually-transmitted-infections-spread-by-skin-contact-3133056

You have probably taken several blood/saliva/sweat born pathogen classes, I have. Unless I'm working up a sweat with a lover, I hate getting others sweat on me. I'm not from humid country like La, or Fla or the Southeast where people are more used to it. It creeps me out.

I finally watched the link, and noticed the bb lady is the one who filmed it and uploaded it. As far as the rudeness goes, it would **ss me off if someone just sat and video'd me. I guess that's how it is nowadays?

I don't think intentionally sweating on someone is much different than spitting on someone, especially as far as pathogens or rudeness goes.

What body weight do airlines use to calculate plane weight? I know up north with many smaller aircraft, they ask passengers weight all the time, for balancing the plane.

"Since 1995, most airlines have assumed a weight of 180 pounds for each adult passenger in summer and 185 pounds in winter; checked bags are assumed to weigh 25 pounds each. Some airlines that fly small planes with 19 or fewer seats have already raised their weight allowances by about 30 pounds, the F.A.A. said today.May 13, 2003"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 2 of 3<123>